X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

Re: QBs we can trade for this offseason

bottom line with alot of the names ive been reading on several threads we will have options that are better then orton and EJ

quick names i do nt mind schaub bradford(injuries big issues) possibly jake locker(injury big issues) but i have not seen enough of him to have a real judgement

i think things would be alot better the last 2 years if kolb didnt get hurt its a shame

Comment

• Jaybird
      • Dec 2005

Stanton is not an upgrade.. Cardinals O has been below average with him back there.. he doesn't make the right decisions.

Comment

• Gibby
        • Jun 2006

QB is not the problem. OL is the problem as is god awful play calling. I would be willing to spend a lot of coin to keep the Schwartz running the D, and then hire an OC who can actually use his players correctly. Trading away picks and money that could be used to fix the OL and sign defenders is wrong. Orton has not demonstrated that he is the long term answer but he has demonstrated that he is not the problem. Only QBs I trade for in the forseeable future are Tom Brady, Eli Manning, or Andy Dalton.

Comment

• djjimkelly
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by MST3KBillsfan View Post
          QB is not the problem. OL is the problem as is god awful play calling. I would be willing to spend a lot of coin to keep the Schwartz running the D, and then hire an OC who can actually use his players correctly. Trading away picks and money that could be used to fix the OL and sign defenders is wrong. Orton has not demonstrated that he is the long term answer but he has demonstrated that he is not the problem. Only QBs I trade for in the forseeable future are Tom Brady, Eli Manning, or Andy Dalton.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by djjimkelly View Post
            bottom line with alot of the names ive been reading on several threads we will have options that are better then orton and EJ

quick names i do nt mind schaub bradford(injuries big issues) possibly jake locker(injury big issues) but i have not seen enough of him to have a real judgement

i think things would be alot better the last 2 years if kolb didnt get hurt its a shame
            I think Locker could be a GOOD QB if he could stay healthy. I would sign him to an incentive laden contract.

Comment

• pmoon6
              Legendary Zoner
              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              The Suck for Luck crowd was 100% Right On!!!
              The "Suck For Luck" crowd were losers with a loser mentality.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

- - - Updated - - -

YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                    I think Locker could be a GOOD QB if he could stay healthy. I would sign him to an incentive laden contract.
                    Just re-sign Rob Johnson-he already knows the way to all the Buffalo area hospitals. Locker may not get there in time & they may have to amputate.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                      Just re-sign Rob Johnson-he already knows the way to all the Buffalo area hospitals. Locker may not get there in time & they may have to amputate.
                      Good point. Locker may well be Rob 2.0

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

The only guy I'd target, if available in trade, is Foles. If not, I go with Orton (assuming he doesn't void his contract), EJ, and a rookie QB. And in any case, I jettison Hackett and I build up the OL over the off-season.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                          The only guy I'd target, if available in trade, is Foles. If not, I go with Orton (assuming he doesn't void his contract), EJ, and a rookie QB. And in any case, I jettison Hackett and I build up the OL over the off-season.
                          I don't think the best OL in the History of the NFL could keep Orton upright.

It is ridiculous how long he hold onto the football.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                            Dances With Buffaloes
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
                            The bills better do something, with the defense we have all we need is someone like Alex Smith or Dalton. Neither of them is a top 10 QB on any list but they are good enough and occasionally have a game where they play lights out and beat a good team. They can also kill you but because of their defense they are in ever game. Unfortunately we have severally below average QBs since 1996, except one year with Drew and we suck. We have had several good defenses in that time and still suck, then we had a somewhat functional offense but a defense that could stop a turtle. For the record I would rather have a great defense than a great offense, offense is fun to watch and all but you will never win without a defense. All we need is just 23 points a game and we are a playoff team with this defense (next year of course). I am so tired of saying next year please get a fraking QB
                            if alax smith is your requirement we have him in Orton. The difference is Smith is a bit more mobile, and Orton looks downfield more. Dalton would be a clear step up over orton.

In reality the only starting QBs who might be available for trade this offseason are Kaepernick or Cutler. stanton is a step down from orton, and he won't be available anyway~
                            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Swiper
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                              if alax smith is your requirement we have him in Orton. The difference is Smith is a bit more mobile, and Orton looks downfield more. Dalton would be a clear step up over orton.

In reality the only starting QBs who might be available for trade this offseason are Kaepernick or Cutler. stanton is a step down from orton, and he won't be available anyway~

Hoyer?

Comment

• The Jokeman
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
                                Locker is wildly inaccurate. In the NCAA he failed to complete 60% of his passes and has been just as bad in the NFL. Toss in his inability to stay healthy I stay away from him. If Orton doesn't return the to me if the Bills the veterans to pursue this offseason are Christian Ponder, Shaun Hill and TJ Yates. In that order as to me Ponder has the best chance at succeed. I know he's struggled in Minnesota but I don't like their receiving core and at the very least he could be a mentor to EJ with their FSU ties, Hill is an ideal backup mentor type QB too but older and Yates is a guy who played ok in his brief chance the start in the NFL and quickly lost his job and might be one of those guys it's worth to bring in as he's better than Tuel that might end up surprising people. I can't say I like any of them more than Orton but I think they'd be more affordable. I've also made no secret I think we should draft a QB. I'm eying round 5 since we have two picks in that round (thanks to a trade down with Tampa last year) and the guy I'd target is Chuckie Keeton. As he was in the Heisman talk a few years ago and he's battled through injuries the last few years but think he's worth taking a flier on.
                                Last edited by The Jokeman; 12-13-2014, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X