Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: QBs we can trade for this offseason

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: QBs we can trade for this offseason

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    Cutler's problem is he can make costly turn overs that hurt his team. Not to mention big arms are great but at the same time if you're playing a defensive keep the game close kill the clock offense like the Bills have been it's not a match for Cutler's skill set. The truth is what the Bills need is an Andy Dalton/Alex Smith/Russell Wilson type. I think Orton can be that but don't think he has the passing pieces around him. Maybe Sammy's injury is hampering him as we don't seem to be going to him as much as we did in the early season. Robert Woods is developing but at times not stepped up in the red zone. I have been saying since preseason that Chandler isn't consistent enough at the TE position. Toss in we all know how dismal our offensive line/running game has been this season. In term of Stanton, I think he's helped by Arians who is a better mind than Hackett but not sure he's skillful enough to be better than orton is. I think Bradford is but his inability to stay healthy is a major red flag to me that means if we have him we had better have an above average backup.
    Scott Chandler now ranks third all time in TD's for the Bills.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Scott Chandler now ranks third all time in TD's for the Bills.
    I'm not only referencing TDs. I'm referencing his inability to catch 3 - 5 balls a game and keep drives alive. All too often he drops a catchable ball or has a bad penalty. To me he's a good number 2 TE but just not doing what he needs to do to be a starter in this league.
    Last edited by The Jokeman; 12-21-2014 at 08:25 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm not only referencing TDs. I'm referencing his inability to catch 3 - 5 balls a game and keep drives alive. All too often he drops a catchable ball or has a bad penalty. To me he's a good number 2 TE but just not doing what he needs to do to be a starter in this league.
    I'm hoping Gray & Chandler become a great TE tandem.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,693 Times in 7,754 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Cutler's problem is he can make costly turn overs that hurt his team. Not to mention big arms are great but at the same time if you're playing a defensive keep the game close kill the clock offense like the Bills have been it's not a match for Cutler's skill set. The truth is what the Bills need is an Andy Dalton/Alex Smith/Russell Wilson type. I think Orton can be that but don't think he has the passing pieces around him. Maybe Sammy's injury is hampering him as we don't seem to be going to him as much as we did in the early season. Robert Woods is developing but at times not stepped up in the red zone. I have been saying since preseason that Chandler isn't consistent enough at the TE position. Toss in we all know how dismal our offensive line/running game has been this season. In term of Stanton, I think he's helped by Arians who is a better mind than Hackett but not sure he's skillful enough to be better than orton is. I think Bradford is but his inability to stay healthy is a major red flag to me that means if we have him we had better have an above average backup.
    Orton can be a "Andy Dalton/Alex Smith/Russell Wilson type"?!?!? I think you are dreaming.

Orton makes costly turnovers and bad decisions. His worst attribute is his almost total immobility, which is completely opposite of "Andy Dalton/Alex Smith/Russell Wilson type".

This thread is about QB's that we can trade for this off season. Andy Dalton/Alex Smith/Russell Wilson are not going to be possible to trade for.

I don't like Cutler that much. But, he would be a substantial upgrade from Orton. Well...there are MANY upgrades above Orton. With some work and experience, I suspect that Ej Manuel would be a substantial upgrade from Orton.

The Total QBR is designed to take into account each individual play and access the degree that the QB contributed to making that play good, or bad.

Stanton would be a MAJOR upgrade from Orton. I think you are very, very wrong.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    I'm hoping Gray & Chandler become a great TE tandem.
    Come on man stop dreaming on Gray. I like him as a 3rd guy but a top two guy is asking a lot It's far fetched thinking like that's holding this team back. Sign a guy who's showed he can be better than Lee Smith at least. To me that's Jordan Cameron, Julius Thomas or Jermaine Gresham. Heck I'd take Charles Clay from Miami over pinning hopes on Gray.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Orton can be a "Andy Dalton/Alex Smith/Russell Wilson type"?!?!? I think you are dreaming.

Orton makes costly turnovers and bad decisions. His worst attribute is his almost total immobility, which is completely opposite of "Andy Dalton/Alex Smith/Russell Wilson type".

This thread is about QB's that we can trade for this off season. Andy Dalton/Alex Smith/Russell Wilson are not going to be possible to trade for.

I don't like Cutler that much. But, he would be a substantial upgrade from Orton. Well...there are MANY upgrades above Orton. With some work and experience, I suspect that Ej Manuel would be a substantial upgrade from Orton.

The Total QBR is designed to take into account each individual play and access the degree that the QB contributed to making that play good, or bad.

Stanton would be a MAJOR upgrade from Orton. I think you are very, very wrong.
    I really don't like the receiving options on this team outside of Watkins and Woods. I guess I could stomach Chandler as a #2 TE. Outside of that there isn't anyone on the roster I love. I could debate that KC and the Bengals have better passing options than the Bills. The Seahawks maybe not but the Deahawks D and running offense is better than what the Bengals/Chiefs have which helps Wilson out. I honestly don't think Stanton is better than Orton if 'm going to rank the QBs I just mentioned they'd be Wilson/Dalton/Smith/Orton/Stanton. Yet with better receiving options I think Orton might be as good as Dalton. In a perfect world yes, I'd like to get someone better than Orton but based on who's likely going to be out there in 2015 I don't see a better QB.
    Last edited by The Jokeman; 12-21-2014 at 08:51 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Come on man stop dreaming on Gray. I like him as a 3rd guy but a top two guy is asking a lot It's far fetched thinking like that's holding this team back. Sign a guy who's showed he can be better than Lee Smith at least. To me that's Jordan Cameron, Julius Thomas or Jermaine Gresham. Heck I'd take Charles Clay from Miami over pinning hopes on Gray.
    Well, I want to see what Gray does these last two games.

He has everything you want in a TE, size & speed. And he can catch the ball.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Cameron and Thomas are not available and how is Gresham notably better than Chandler?

I really don't like the receiving options on this team outside of Watkins and Woods. I guess I could stomach Chandler as a #2 TE. Outside of that there isn't anyone on the roster I love. I could debate that KC and the Bengals have better passing options than the Bills.
    I would very much like to see someone argue that Kansas City has better receiving options then Buffalo.

Anyway Chandler is not the problem. He's not the solution, either, but he's not the problem. If you look at the good teams, they have stud players they build around but they still have a lot of average plug and play guys too.That's what Chandler is. If you ask him to be a Gronk-type #1 option, he will fail, but as the #3/#4 target he is fine.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    Cameron and Thomas are not available and how is Gresham notably better than Chandler?

I would very much like to see someone argue that Kansas City has better receiving options then Buffalo.

Anyway Chandler is not the problem. He's not the solution, either, but he's not the problem. If you look at the good teams, they have stud players they build around but they still have a lot of average plug and play guys too.That's what Chandler is. If you ask him to be a Gronk-type #1 option, he will fail, but as the #3/#4 target he is fine.
    Both Cameron and Thomas are UFAs this offseason Gresham to me is better than Lee Smith so that will help the depth of the TE position IMHO.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Both Cameron and Thomas are UFAs this offseason Gresham to me is better than Lee Smith so that will help the depth of the TE position IMHO.
    If Eifert wasn't lost for the season a couple of plays into their first game, WR Marvin Jones never made it out of camp, and backup te Smith didn't go out for the season early on, CIN would have traded Gresham away. He blows hot and cold, constantly claims injury, and shows hands of iron at inopportune moments..see CIN vs. HOU playoff games.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy View Post
    If Eifert wasn't lost for the season a couple of plays into their first game, WR Marvin Jones never made it out of camp, and backup te Smith didn't go out for the season early on, CIN would have traded Gresham away. He blows hot and cold, constantly claims injury, and shows hands of iron at inopportune moments..see CIN vs. HOU playoff games.
    Again to me Gresham is a good backup/redzone option TE the Bills could use over Lee Smith.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Again to me Gresham is a good backup/redzone option TE the Bills could use over Lee Smith.
    He leads TEs in penalties IIRC - stupid ones, too. He can't control himself. He is a bust as a 1st round pick.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy View Post
    He leads TEs in penalties IIRC - stupid ones, too. He can't control himself. He is a bust as a 1st round pick.
    Maybe a bust 1st Rounder but at least he contributes a little in the passing game unlike Smith does plus he might be the most affordable option if the Bills want to give big money to Dareus and Hughes this offseason.