X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DGreg
    • Jan 2006

Im Confused.

So I live in a small town called Frankfort. It is about 12 miles east if Utica and about an hour east of Syracuse. I have been blacked out several times from Bills home games in the last few years because they were not sold out. When I looked at the black out maps I always seemed to be out side the blackout area, but I was always blacked out. My explanation was that there was a sliver of people who could still receive the signal in your area so we would have to black out all of TWC in the Utica area???. Now I cant watch the Bills this weekend because Fox has decided to show the Giants. So what, we are not blacked out and you still wont show the Bills.

I am really pissed.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Im Confused.

Originally posted by DGreg View Post
    So I live in a small town called Frankfort. It is about 12 miles east if Utica and about an hour east of Syracuse. I have been blacked out several times from Bills home games in the last few years because they were not sold out. When I looked at the black out maps I always seemed to be out side the blackout area, but I was always blacked out. My explanation was that there was a sliver of people who could still receive the signal in your area so we would have to black out all of TWC in the Utica area???. Now I cant watch the Bills this weekend because Fox has decided to show the Giants. So what, we are not blacked out and you still wont show the Bills.

I am really pissed.
    Do a search to find which local pub has the NFL Ticket. Sorry man.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• pmoon6
      Legendary Zoner
      • Dec 2002

Don't feel alone, "Confused" describes the majority of this board and that's being nice.

Comment

• AlohaBill
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DGreg View Post

I am really pissed.
        WSYT channel 8 on TWC shows they are carrying the Bills game.

Comment

• Homegrown
          Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
          Don't feel alone, "Confused" describes the majority of this board and that's being nice.
          Lol... That's one shot, one kill

Comment

• Jeff1220
            H to the 12:20
            • Jul 2002

I grew up in Utica/Rome. It's blacked out because the game is broadcast on a Syracuse station, which does fall within the blackout range.

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

i remember reading an old report that said out of the hundreds of thousands of square miles that make up the syracuse market there was literally 1/10th of a mile that the signal could technically reach into rochester so they get to black out the whole syracuse market as a result

that one stupid little technicality pissed me off so much that ive been a proponent of dumping the blackout rule ever since. just incredibly petty and greedy on the nfls part if you ask me
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
              X