Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdbillsfan
    • Oct 2002

Re: Buffalo News list trading for Sammy 16th worst mistake by Buffalo Sports team

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    As it stands right now, they overpaid for what appears to be a very good player.

If you argue that statement, you're fooling yourself. You can argue hindsight all you want, but there's no way you can tell me we didn't overpay. This team would be better with Beckham/Evans/Benjamin and our 1st and 4th pick next year.

You know who might be available in the 1st round when we would've had a draft pick next year? A decent friggin' guard.
    Evans wouldn't have been available.

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

Re: Buffalo News list trading for Sammy 16th worst mistake by Buffalo Sports team

Didn't the guy just break Bills Wr rookie records w horrible oline and qb play? Sheeeh.

- - - Updated - - -

W games to spare.
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• BillsImpossible
        • Mar 2013

The Bills gave up no more than the 19th pick in the 2015 NFL draft for Sammy Watkins.

Bills win.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
          You think Mike Williams was a bigger bust than Al Cowlings?
          Al Cowlings stopped playing football the year I was born. He's older than my dad. So, I have no friggin idea.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsImpossible
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
            As it stands right now, they overpaid for what appears to be a very good player.

If you argue that statement, you're fooling yourself. You can argue hindsight all you want, but there's no way you can tell me we didn't overpay. This team would be better with Beckham/Evans/Benjamin and our 1st and 4th pick next year.

You know who might be available in the 1st round when we would've had a draft pick next year? A decent friggin' guard.
            It's not hard to find a decent guard in the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft.

Is the 19th pick (at best) in the 2015 NFL draft overpaying for Sammy Watkins?

I don't think so.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
              You think Mike Williams was a bigger bust than Al Cowlings?
              Eh.. O.J would disagree
              I came.
              I saw.
              I conquered.

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

quite frankly, i think it might be a mistake not to continue the toronto series. once terry decides he no longer wants (or cant) bankroll the bills indefinitely he will realize they need luxury suite money that simply doesnt exist in enough quantity in blo. i predict in five years tops the bills will roll out more games in hoserland, hopefully without the total crap product and rip off pricing that doomed the initial attempt in the first place
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Meathead
                  Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                  • Jul 2002

and even tho i like sammy a lot and am glad hes here, i still wish they hadnt traded the first for him. id rather have one of the other super wrs from this draft AND that #20-ish pick. but its not like the bills cant recover from that mistake, they can. the draft is so hit and miss it wont take much for them to end up just about where they would have. and sammy still might turn out to be the best of this crop and end up justifying his cost anyway
                  One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

No link? I would like to see this list.

#1 would have to be letting Drury and Briere walk IMO.

Worse than anything the Bills have done (and that's really saying something!)

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Letting Chuck Knox walk and trading Lamonica should be up there... but that list proves sports didn't exist until 20 years ago.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                        Making Spirits Bright
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                        It's not hard to find a decent guard in the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft.
                        It's probably more likely to find a better one in the 1st round though, right?

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                        Is the 19th pick (at best) in the 2015 NFL draft overpaying for Sammy Watkins?
                        Yes. I already said that, it was actually the basis of my argument.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                          Making Spirits Bright
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                          They will be able to get one of the top guards, maybe even the #1 center, where they are right now.
                          You might be right, I don't follow college as much as most so I can't disagree.

But wouldn't it be sweet then to get a top guard in the second...and a top TE in the 1st? Or maybe even 2 top interior offensive lineman? Yeah man, that would be pretty cool.

Comment

• pmoon6
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Dec 2002

Pfft. It's just like the negative Nancy's and dumbass sportwriters to judge a player after his rookie season and a trade before we see it's ramifications. Many thought that the Vikings got their last piece to the Super Bowl puzzle when they made the Herschal Walker trade. How did that work out historically? Many thought the Cowboys were stupid for trading multiple picks to Seattle for Tony Dorsett. You can go on and on. You can backseat drive any trade or move, but you really don't know for quite a few years.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                              Pfft. It's just like the negative Nancy's and dumbass sportwriters to judge a player after his rookie season and a trade before we see it's ramifications. Many thought that the Vikings got their last piece to the Super Bowl puzzle when they made the Herschal Walker trade. How did that work out historically? Many thought the Cowboys were stupid for trading multiple picks to Seattle for Tony Dorsett. You can go on and on. You can backseat drive any trade or move, but you really don't know for quite a few years.

well, we knew almost immediately about the jerry hughes/kelvin sheppard trade.
                              I came.
                              I saw.
                              I conquered.

Comment

• Typ0
                                honey pie
                                • Jul 2002

Well it may have been a super intelligent move for the QB position too ... because actually picking a good QB is a very difficult chore. There are no guarantees. I have seen Watkins, in several occasions, throw his hand up in the air and catch the damn ball just because it was thrown in his vicinity. Considering the QB play we get this may have been the best QB move in the history of the franchise.

Comment

Working...
                                X