Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo News list trading for Sammy 16th worst mistake by Buffalo Sports team

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Buffalo News list trading for Sammy 16th worst mistake by Buffalo Sports team

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    You might be right, I don't follow college as much as most so I can't disagree.

But wouldn't it be sweet then to get a top guard in the second...and a top TE in the 1st? Or maybe even 2 top interior offensive lineman? Yeah man, that would be pretty cool.
    Would it not be sweet to have potentially the best WR in the game, what a difference that would make to the other skill position players. You can skin a cat many different ways. Bottom line this whole thread was talking about how ludicrous it was to put Watkins trade as the 16th worst move by a buffalo sports team in the entire history of buffalo sports teams when we have no idea how good Watkins or the other first round WRs will be when all is said and done. Especially considering there whole argument was on the fact we needed a qb and this draft has no qbs worthy this year, or would we have a chance to draft.

2. Post thanked by:

better days (12-17-2014)

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,841 Times in 6,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Buffalo News list trading for Sammy 16th worst mistake by Buffalo Sports team

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Cowlings was a HUGE bust.
    Patulski even bigger.

4. Post thanked by:

better days (12-17-2014)

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    Jesus, that's the ****ing point.
    Please, call me Joe.

There is no way you can possibly know that unless you have a working crystal ball.
    No s***, maybe I was agreeing with you.

Another Bills' Fan that has a problem with concepts.
    Ouch. You should try to relax, old man. Grab an Ensure and maybe a quick nap.

6. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (12-17-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Evans would not have been available to the Bills to be drafted. The Bucs drafted before Bills pick.
    Maybe they would've taken Sammy.

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,905 Times in 2,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i'm honestly shocked the browns traded that pick. i thought sammy was perfect for them, especially seeing that josh gordon was (at that time anyway) gonna be out for the season.
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Maybe they would've taken Sammy.

Maybe so, if he would have been available for the Bucs to draft him.

I think most likely both Sammy & Mike would have been gone when the Bills drafted.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Maybe so, if he would have been available for the Bucs to draft him.

I think most likely both Sammy & Mike would have been gone when the Bills drafted.
    The only way I would see that happening is if Sammy went to the Brown. The Falcons aren't taking Sammy, and I think the Raiders really wanted Mack. If the Browns didn't take Sammy, then either Sammy or Evans would've lasted until our pick. Plus, if the Bucs were enamored with Evans, then Sammy would've lasted until 8. I know it's ridiculous to think about, but stranger things have happened.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox24 View Post
    Would it not be sweet to have potentially the best WR in the game, what a difference that would make to the other skill position players.
    Yeah, having Beckham would be cool.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    quite frankly, i think it might be a mistake not to continue the toronto series. once terry decides he no longer wants (or cant) bankroll the bills indefinitely he will realize they need luxury suite money that simply doesnt exist in enough quantity in blo. i predict in five years tops the bills will roll out more games in hoserland, hopefully without the total crap product and rip off pricing that doomed the initial attempt in the first place
    I don't think you understand a few things (well, thousands of things, but I digress). The NFL is an insanely profitable business. The TV contract revenue alone makes losing money impossible. And Pegula has a ridiculous amount of money. This is is hobby AND his business now. If he spends money on things, those things just make him more money.

Selling home games is disgraceful and is a black mark on Ralph's legacy. A total embarrassment. Terry won't make that same mistake. He doesn't have to.

13. Post thanked by:

Historian (12-17-2014)

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,307 Times in 15,454 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Cowlings was a HUGE bust.
    Cowlings
    Patulski
    Ruud and Nelson
    Dokes
    Cousineau
    Booker Moore
    Tuttle
    Collins
    Flowers
    JD Williams

****, we could do a whole FORUM on Bills high level draft busts!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Pfft. It's just like the negative Nancy's and dumbass sportwriters to judge a player after his rookie season and a trade before we see it's ramifications. Many thought that the Vikings got their last piece to the Super Bowl puzzle when they made the Herschal Walker trade. How did that work out historically? Many thought the Cowboys were stupid for trading multiple picks to Seattle for Tony Dorsett. You can go on and on. You can backseat drive any trade or move, but you really don't know for quite a few years.
    Moonie, you could also look at it the opposite way. The Cowboys turned Herschel Walker into many pieces that DID get them numerous Super Bowls. The equation came out, at the end of the day, Vikings net one pretty good player, Dallas nets several great players and championships by fleecing the Vikings of multiple draft choices and spending them wisely.

Sammy is Herschel Walker in this scenario, and the Bills are the suckers, errr Vikings.

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    Cowlings
    Patulski
    Ruud and Nelson
    Dokes
    Cousineau
    Booker Moore
    Tuttle
    Collins
    Flowers
    JD Williams

****, we could do a whole FORUM on Bills high level draft busts!
    You forgot Tony Hunter and Cousineau may be considered a bust, but the Bills' FO ****ed up even signing him. However, I believe the pick we got allowed us to draft Jim Kelly.

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    Moonie, you could also look at it the opposite way. The Cowboys turned Herschel Walker into many pieces that DID get them numerous Super Bowls. The equation came out, at the end of the day, Vikings net one pretty good player, Dallas nets several great players and championships by fleecing the Vikings of multiple draft choices and spending them wisely.

Sammy is Herschel Walker in this scenario, and the Bills are the suckers, errr Vikings.
    The point is we are looking at the Walker trade in hindsight. NFL sportwriters and the entire City Of Dallas thought it was a bad move.

Now, we have the same kind of people saying we ****ed up when the guy only has played 13 games.

I guess it's so some can say "I told you so" and pump their chest or in JoFo's case, play with his little winkie.

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ouch. You should try to relax, old man. Grab an Ensure and maybe a quick nap.
    Still young enough to whip yo ass, Son.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You forgot Tony Hunter and Cousineau may be considered a bust, but the Bills' FO ****ed up even signing him. However, I believe the pick we got allowed us to draft Jim Kelly.
    Yeah, the pick the Bills got from the Browns for Cousineau was used to draft Jim Kelly.

Worked out pretty well after all for the Bills.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Still young enough to whip yo ass, Son.
    Ha, the next thing you're going to tell me is that your dick still works, too.

21. Post thanked by:

pmoon6 (12-17-2014)

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ha, the next thing you're going to tell me is that your dick still works, too.
    Well, I won't go that far.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I guess it's so some can say "I told you so" and pump their chest or in JoFo's case, play with his little winkie.
    Oh I'm sorry, is it your turn to play with it?

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Oh I'm sorry, is it your turn to play with it?
    Oooooh. What wit.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Oooooh. What wit.
    I know, right?

It's almost as original as "I'll still whoop your ass, Son" argument on the internet.