Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marrone's 1st Belichick-esque Press Conference

Thanks
    Thanked 4,338 Times in 2,075 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Marrone's 1st Belichick-esque Press Conference

I disagree. I think Wade Phillips was better. and the record disagrees with you as well, statistically speaking (using wins/losses) both Mularkey and Jauron were better as well.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Marrone is 2 games under .500, which is better than Jauron (when here)

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,271 Times in 15,426 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Marrone didn't look like a guy who's team had just dominated the best team in football.

He looked like a guy getting ready for a colonoscopy.

But he's still light years ahead of Dick:

PRESS: "Coach...do you think you should be fired?"

DJ: "Uhhh, I love this game...and I love these guys...."

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    Marrone didn't look like a guy who's team had just dominated the best team in football.

He looked like a guy getting ready for a colonoscopy.

But he's still light years ahead of Dick:

PRESS: "Coach...do you think you should be fired?"

DJ: "Uhhh, I love this game...and I love these guys...."
    I like the fact that Marrone doesn't get excited after a win.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Says Vic Carucci, "Another factor was Marrone's relationship with the local media. He was said to be upset with what he saw as constant criticism and a general lack of support. He was particularly infuriated by the questions raised about whether he should remain as the Bills' coach after the team recorded one of the biggest victories in franchise history against Green Bay." http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/12...eft-job-bills/

The Buffalo Media is the worst. THE WORST. Of course the NY media is tough when their teams are sucking, but when they are on the cusp of a winning season at least the NY media write articles and ask questions about the good things the team is doing.

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, the way the coaches and team think of themselves and their identity is shaped by the way they talk about themselves. Its tough building on the positives when as a coach and a player you're constantly being asked moronic questions that are actually intended to destroy the team's unity and cohesiveness.

The Bills beat Green Bay and all the media wanted to talk to the players about in the locker room is how much of a burden it is on the defense, how unfair it is and how they should be resentful that they are outplaying the O. Its probably because these reporters live in a corporate world where you never want to do more than the guy next to you, and you get ahead by ****ing over your co-worker. That's not how championships are won in sports.

Not to mention, it is WAY easier to just be critical than to actually write intelligent, thoughtful articles. Stay classy Buffalo media!
    Last edited by K-Gun; 01-01-2015 at 08:58 AM.
    [W]e are busy that we may have leisure, and make war that we may live in peace...

[F]or no one chooses to be at war, or provokes war, for the sake of being at war; any one would seem absolutely murderous if he were to make enemies of his friends in order to bring about battle and slaughter...

- Aristotle