Clear All
  • ICRockets
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2008

Re: Buy low, sell high? Bears bench Cutler for Jimmy Clausen

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
    That was your idea of a good post?

This explains a lot.
    Admittedly, the bar has been lowered by the 50-80 dissertations he's written in the past month about how black people are their own worst enemies.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
      Do you see what a good poster you could be if you just shut up about race? This is it. This could be you all the time.
      Nothing wrong with having a man crush on Cutler. He is a good looking dude with a big gun, but his contract demands and his attitude turn me off.

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

i talk about race bc it pisses me off so much to watch ppl like you keep screwing it up over and over again. should i have just shut up about race all those years i watched the old style racists i grew up around screw that up over and over again? i talk about it bc somebody has to, to keep reminding you numbnuts how you keep screwing it up. im never going to stop bc its my conscience that forces me to action. and ive told you this before, but if you dont like it you can **** off
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
          • Aug 2013

It is unbelievable how incapable of the most basic discussions some of you are capable of.

Nobody here is saying he's a great option. We're saying he's a better option than what we have.

It's your wedding anniversary and you forgot. It's 11PM, and the only thing open is a gas station. Sure those cheap flowers aren't a great option, but it's certainly better than walking home empty handed.

Those of you saying "Hell No" ought to come up with a better plan. I'll save you the time. There isn't.

I'm willing to hear arguments in favor of a lot of things, but unless Orton suddenly starts playing amazing and leads us to the playoffs I sure as hell am not going to even consider that EJ/Orton are acceptable going into next season.

Comment

• The Beef
            • Sep 2011

Cutler is a tool, aloof and an all round douche nozzle.

I would absolutely take him over Orton/EJ.

You put Cutler on this team, with this defense and you don't ask him to win each game by putting up 30 and you have a good shot at the playoffs.

There is a ton wrong with the Bears this year, including Cutler but he isn't the biggest problem. It starts with the defense, they're awful for the 2nd year in a row. That team has no heart either. Sure you can blame Cutler but what about Forte, Marshall or Jared Allen? FredJax and Meatball hold teammates accountable. We've seen some ugly football the last 15 years, a lot of bad football. There aren't a lot of games where i felt like the team quit. You watch the Bears, they quit almost every week.

For the Bills it's a great gamble. To go into next year with Orton and EJ is going to leave the fan base restless, not to mention what it might do to the defense and skill players psyche on offense. So the Bills should be in play in a veteran QB who hits the market. That list will look something like Griffin, Bradford, Locker, Hoyer, and Sanchez. Foles might be available via trade and it's a safe bet that none of those are a sure fire upgrade.

Cutler shouldn't cost a king's ransom. He is what he is, and he may have worn out his welcome in Chicago. I would try and flip a third rounder for him. No first round pick this year lets you ride with Jay and if he takes us to the playoffs great, if not his contract is easy to get out of after 2016. A 2 year window is worth the pick. I wouldn't mind Foles but I doubt the Eagles move him, and a play for Griffin or Bradford is more or less a prayer. They are both talented, but brittle and are far from elite players.

Orton has lost all his swagger and confidence. That guy came in fresh not having taken any hits, after taking a couple beatings this year you can see the difference.

I absolutely think Cutler is a grade a jerkoff. He is the new Jeff George, but he has the arm talent and in a system the doesn't ask him to win shoot outs every week, he might actually improve. This is a great buy low spot. You essentially have him for 2 years and then virtually no guaranteed money starting in 2017.

It's a crime if you don't do everything you can to put a QB that can help win games I this team. This defense is as good as you can hope for in today's NFL, and there's a shelf life to these things. If the Bears are listening to offers Whaley has to at least make a call.

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

With his contract the bears may have to give a draft pic to someone to take him. Let's offer our third for cutler and their first.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• djjimkelly
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                This team with Cutler is a playoff a team, period!

Cutler is an average QB, might be a bit above average. The thing is, he can be extremely good, and he can be extremely bad, averaging to the level I said. The problem is people see his extremely good side and expect him to play like that all the time (and he got paid like that).

I still don't expect him to be available that easily. Maybe the Raiders will trade their 1st round pick for Cutler now.

lol so you think the raiders might send their 1st rounder a top 4 pick for cutler

ok! i think cutler is crap but hes a major upgrade above what we have in orton

carr for raiders is better then cutler!!!!!!!!

Comment

• WagonCircler
                  Escaped Convict
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad View Post
                  With his contract the bears may have to give a draft pic to someone to take him. Let's offer our third for cutler and their first.
                  This is why I think they may cut him. Even though they have to pay him $19MIL just to do it, I think they will.

And if you're Jay Cutler, with a $19MIL check in your back pocket, I think you look to sign with a team where you will A) Start and B) Have a great shot at making the playoffs.

There are not many teams who desperately need a QB who are even close to making the playoffs. The Bills, with an upgrade at QB and a couple of OL pieces, are there.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                    • Aug 2013

It's weird because we haven't had a QB with a ****ty attitude since Billy Joe Hobert, and he kind of is a stretch because he was thrown in randomly.

They have all been likeable guys for all intents and purposes off the field. The last franchise QB we had with a ****ty attitude was... Jim Kelly.

Maybe Kelly can talk some sense into him? Maybe he'll be inspired by the plucky nature of the Buffalo fans and the underdog team? He's never been on a team where he wasn't expected to be a star, so maybe with the pressure gone he'll relax a little?

I can dream I guess.
                    Last edited by BuffaloRedleg; 12-18-2014, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• Frenchman
                      June and Summertime!
                      • Apr 2012

Well Mark Trestman is going to lose his job after this season! So he wants to go out with a bang it seems!
                      ​Ready for Summertime Fun!

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

So those of you that are on the Cutler bandwagon think Nate Hackett can get more out of him then Marc Trestman?
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
                          Do you see what a good poster you could be if you just shut up about race? This is it. This could be you all the time.
                          That's his schtick. Everyone knows not to take Meathead seriously.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post

Maybe the Raiders will trade their 1st round pick for Cutler now.
                            Read this

I
                            am
                            sofa king
                            wee
                            todd
                            did

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by djjimkelly View Post
                              lol so you think the raiders might send their 1st rounder a top 4 pick for cutler

ok! i think cutler is crap but hes a major upgrade above what we have in orton

carr for raiders is better then cutler!!!!!!!!
                              QB of Cutler caliber may cost more than you think. I said Raiders because they have a history of doing this. Didn't they give Cinci a 1st round pick for Palmer?

In any event, if Trestman goes, Cutler may not even be on the market. We'll see. I still say Bradford is the most likely - true, the Rams may want to see themselves what he can do when healthy for a season, but the fact he's in his last year and is due a lot of money may make any trade offer appealing. The Rams are more or less in the same situation as the Bills. In fact if I were them, I'd offer Bradford for Cutler straight up to the Bears. Alternatively, I may trade for Cutler while trading away Bradford.

Comment

• imbondz
                                Democrats are people too
                                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                                It is unbelievable how incapable of the most basic discussions some of you are capable of.

Nobody here is saying he's a great option. We're saying he's a better option than what we have.

It's your wedding anniversary and you forgot. It's 11PM, and the only thing open is a gas station. Sure those cheap flowers aren't a great option, but it's certainly better than walking home empty handed.

Those of you saying "Hell No" ought to come up with a better plan. I'll save you the time. There isn't.

I'm willing to hear arguments in favor of a lot of things, but unless Orton suddenly starts playing amazing and leads us to the playoffs I sure as hell am not going to even consider that EJ/Orton are acceptable going into next season.

I'm saying Cutler is so all over the place, we don't know if he's a better option, and that for me makes him not a better option. I've somewhat followed him since his Vandy days. I'm not sure exactly what happened in Denver, but he didn't come across looking good in that trade. That playoff game where he was injured, I thought he totally wussed out. He's a cry baby. How many seasons has he made the playoffs with the Bears? 1 year in 2010. You're telling me the Bears over the past 6-7 seasons have only had the talent to make the playoffs 1 year with him?

He leads the league in turnovers this year. You think that will magically end if he comes here with our O-line? Orton had a career 35-35 record before he got here, and he's played like that. QBs RARELY change who they are with another team.
                                My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

Working...
                                X