Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: QBs we can trade for this offseason

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

QBs we can trade for this offseason

I was thinking of QBs on rosters now still on rookie deals that we may be able to trade for this offseason.

Glennon I am not really into
    Brock Osweiler - could be an intriguing option.
    Any other names you guys have.

I have not really started watching QBs till the EJ manual draft so guys drafted before that I am not sure where they are or if they are worth anything at all, and the few I did like are not on the team that drafted them so that does not speak highly of them.

I honestly think this is the only way we are going to get anyone that can come in and better than EJ or Kyle next year.

The only other options I can think of are matt Schaub, Sanchez, Jake Locker, or Christian Ponder a bunch of yuck. Only guy I would even consider would be Schaub and he is probably worse than Orton at this point.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: QBs we can trade for this offseason

I like Drew Stanton in Arizona. He never hesitates once he makes his reads and fires the ball on the money. Plays confident.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I like Stanton also. FWIW.
    Last edited by swiper; 12-11-2014 at 04:52 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,592 Times in 17,466 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm not trading for any QB this off season. If somebody drops in the draft they really like, or pops up in FA definitely bring them in, but no trades.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

5. Post thanked by:

better days (12-12-2014),djjimkelly (12-11-2014),Don't Panic (12-12-2014),pmoon6 (12-12-2014),swiper (12-11-2014),X-Era (12-13-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    I'm not trading for any QB this off season. If somebody drops in the draft they really like, or pops up in FA definitely bring them in, but no trades.
    Agree with that too. No one worth trading away assets for that would be a big enough upgrade over what's already here.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,470 Times in 14,178 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I also like Stanton.

I also don't think Denver would trade Osweiler, Manning doesn't have more than 2-3 years left and they did like him when they drafted him.

Now if the Broncos let Zac Dysert go in the offseason I would take a long look at him. I liked him a lot coming out of Miami (OH). He was 12 of 18 (66.7%) for 106 yds and a TD this preseason.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I also like Stanton.

I also don't think Denver would trade Osweiler, Manning doesn't have more than 2-3 years left and they did like him when they drafted him.

Now if the Broncos let Zac Dysert go in the offseason I would take a long look at him. I liked him a lot coming out of Miami (OH). He was 12 of 18 (66.7%) for 106 yds and a TD this preseason.
    I did like Dysert as well. Bills have to get some new blood in here. What does everyone think of Locker, had a lot of tools coming out and has looked good at times and then gets hurt? I doubt he would be the franchise but he is better than Gabbert and would not cost any draft picks. Gabbert is the only other player in FA. Dang finding a QB is next to impossible it seems like for the bills.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I wanted the Bills to draft Mike Glennon & if the Bucs cut him, I would want the Bills to sign him, but I doubt the Bucs cut him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The bills better do something, with the defense we have all we need is someone like Alex Smith or Dalton. Neither of them is a top 10 QB on any list but they are good enough and occasionally have a game where they play lights out and beat a good team. They can also kill you but because of their defense they are in ever game. Unfortunately we have severally below average QBs since 1996, except one year with Drew and we suck. We have had several good defenses in that time and still suck, then we had a somewhat functional offense but a defense that could stop a turtle. For the record I would rather have a great defense than a great offense, offense is fun to watch and all but you will never win without a defense. All we need is just 23 points a game and we are a playoff team with this defense (next year of course). I am so tired of saying next year please get a fraking QB

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i am opening to looking at all options, but until we know what the team's view on the coaches are, i wouldn't want to trade assets to bring a qb but who is put in a position to fail like all the players on offense.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Stanton is average at best and a clear step below Orton.

If you want the next Elay you will have to have a very poor season in the right year to be able to draft him.

The Suck for Luck crowd was 100% Right On!!!

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

CIN activated Saban's pretty boy, 5th rounder A.J. McCarron from the Reserve/NFI list to fill the spot opened up when LB Burfict went on IR.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'd still take a run at Cutler as a stop gap until we have a 1st round pick again, he's better than anything we have and would have a team that actually plays defense and hopefully by then a better line.

15. Post thanked by:

BuffaloRedleg (12-14-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    I'd still take a run at Cutler as a stop gap until we have a 1st round pick again, he's better than anything we have and would have a team that actually plays defense and hopefully by then a better line.
    We can financially sustain Cutler the question is what will Chicago want for him and what are the bills willing to pay. Would you send 2 seconds for him?

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox24 View Post
    We can financially sustain Cutler the question is what will Chicago want for him and what are the bills willing to pay. Would you send 2 seconds for him?
    Not clear here - your original post stated "I was thinking of QBs on rosters now still on rookie deals that we may be able to trade for this offseason."

How does a Cutler fit in?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 853 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

bottom line with alot of the names ive been reading on several threads we will have options that are better then orton and EJ

quick names i do nt mind schaub bradford(injuries big issues) possibly jake locker(injury big issues) but i have not seen enough of him to have a real judgement

i think things would be alot better the last 2 years if kolb didnt get hurt its a shame

19. Post thanked by:

better days (12-12-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Stanton is not an upgrade.. Cardinals O has been below average with him back there.. he doesn't make the right decisions.

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

QB is not the problem. OL is the problem as is god awful play calling. I would be willing to spend a lot of coin to keep the Schwartz running the D, and then hire an OC who can actually use his players correctly. Trading away picks and money that could be used to fix the OL and sign defenders is wrong. Orton has not demonstrated that he is the long term answer but he has demonstrated that he is not the problem. Only QBs I trade for in the forseeable future are Tom Brady, Eli Manning, or Andy Dalton.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 853 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MST3KBillsfan View Post
    QB is not the problem. OL is the problem as is god awful play calling. I would be willing to spend a lot of coin to keep the Schwartz running the D, and then hire an OC who can actually use his players correctly. Trading away picks and money that could be used to fix the OL and sign defenders is wrong. Orton has not demonstrated that he is the long term answer but he has demonstrated that he is not the problem. Only QBs I trade for in the forseeable future are Tom Brady, Eli Manning, or Andy Dalton.
    http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...rton/20223803/

23. Post thanked by:

better days (12-12-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by djjimkelly View Post
    bottom line with alot of the names ive been reading on several threads we will have options that are better then orton and EJ

quick names i do nt mind schaub bradford(injuries big issues) possibly jake locker(injury big issues) but i have not seen enough of him to have a real judgement

i think things would be alot better the last 2 years if kolb didnt get hurt its a shame
    I think Locker could be a GOOD QB if he could stay healthy. I would sign him to an incentive laden contract.

25. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (12-12-2014)