Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would Cutler Really make the difference

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Would Cutler Really make the difference

Cutler has all the talent in the world and with our defense I think his turnover flaws will be somewhat mitigated unlike they are this year in Chicago. The question I have is does the guy listen to coaching and follow the game plan. Do we really want this potential head ache. Additionally getting him assures Hughes and Spiller are gone, as Clayton mentioned on the radio yesterday Hughes does benefit from the other 3 and we will all agree but he still beats one on ones and against some good LTs, is that something we want to let go?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Would Cutler Really make the difference

We do not need our QB to be a team leader as long as FJ still has breath in him. Unfortunately, that probably only means a year or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

3. Post thanked by:

DesertFox24 (12-19-2014),WagonCircler (12-19-2014)

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox24 View Post
    Cutler has all the talent in the world and with our defense I think his turnover flaws will be somewhat mitigated unlike they are this year in Chicago.
    What makes you think Cutler's turnover tendencies will be "somewhat mitigated"? What would do that and what do you mean by that?

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

1. We don't want Cutler
    2. We want Hughes back

6. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (12-19-2014),Mad Bomber (12-21-2014),Novacane (12-19-2014),Slick (12-20-2014),The last buffalo fan (12-19-2014),YardRat (12-19-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,934 Times in 3,490 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by casdhf View Post
    We do not need our QB to be a team leader as long as FJ still has breath in him. Unfortunately, that probably only means a year or two.
    Show me a team where the QB was NOT a team leader and I'll show you a losing team

8. Post thanked by:

Joe Fo Sho (12-19-2014)

Pinkerton's son Pinkerton Security's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

"All the talent in the world" is not how I'd describe Cutler. Physical talent, maybe, but that doesnt mean anything.

Would he be an upgrade over Orton/EJ? Yes, probably, but he isnt worth it IMO

10. Post thanked by:

DesertFox24 (12-19-2014),Meathead (12-20-2014),Novacane (12-19-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I see no reason the Bills can't afford to pay both Cutler & Hughes.

On his current contract next year, Cutler makes $15.5 Mill. That is only 10 mill more than Orton would get.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
    What makes you think Cutler's turnover tendencies will be "somewhat mitigated"? What would do that and what do you mean by that?

Call me crazy... but I'm starting to think its our running backs holding us back--not qb play.

This team is largely the same offensively this season as they were last year... with the exception of improvement at wideout and lateral movement at qb, (or improvement at that position, depending on your perspective). What then can account for us falling from one of the top teams in the league at running the ball, to one of the worst?

Fredex is getting old, he's lost a step, and where once he was able to get to the second level and rumble for 7-8 more yards, he now drags a mass of players with him to get an extra 2 yards.

Spiller, the fanbase's whipping boy, was our big time, home run threat. Whether or not he was "being utilized properly" is not the question. He was always the second string rb behind freddy... with freddy losing a step, expecting spiller to be an every down back AND the guy that goes between the tackles to get 2-3 yards is just ridiculous. He's not built like that and that's not his strength.

Brown and Dixon are liabilities, they fumble too much and cant bounce it to the outside to pick up extra yards when theres nothing up the middle. they are "downhill runners" who can be effective in space, but we don't commit to using them like that because, sadly, freddy is the better back. but its time to stop looking at having "the oldest running back in the nfl" as a good thing. we need young, powerful backs that can pick up frist downs on 3rd and 1. has ANYONE stopped to criticize the running backs for the fact they cant get first downs on third and short? its hackets fault that out of 4 rbs, NONE of them can pick up first downs consistently in those situations???! COME ON!

With a defense like we have we should be a running team. Even a 3 and out on offense can take 2-3 minutes off the clock if you run the ball 3 times. I know "marty ball" is despised, but if you have a strong defense, ball control becomes paramount. run/pass/pass is a terrible game plan, and one we should move away from next season.

i love freddy as much as the next fan, but he needs to become a positional coach. this team needs to run the ball, and it doesnt matter WHO our qb is.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,272 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGold View Post
    Call me crazy... but I'm starting to think its our running backs holding us back--not qb play.

You're crazy lol. I agree the rb's could be upgraded. OL and QB are bigger issues.

14. Post thanked by:

Uncle Jesse (12-19-2014),YardRat (12-19-2014)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Cutler has Forte, Marshall(until last week), Bennett and Jeffery and he still can't win. I fail to see how coming to Buffalo would change that. He is what he is. A guy who puts up incredibly inflated stats because his team is always playing from behind.

Would he make Buffalo a playoff team? Maybe. Is his salary worth it? Hell no.

16. Post thanked by:

kishoph (12-20-2014),Meathead (12-20-2014),YardRat (12-19-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    You're crazy lol. I agree the rb's could be upgraded. OL and QB are bigger issues.
    Agreed. QB and OL are whats holding this franchise back right now. RBs are a dime a dozen these days, if you have a good line, you can trot anyone out there at RB basically and be fine with it. Especially since most backfields have two guys that are capable.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I really don't get all this Banter about Cutler really. He's too much of a screw up and not enough of a threat. I would be willing to bet if Michael Vick was on this team we would already have 10 or 11 wins. Before the disgusted dog lovers revolt let me remind you the guy has got talent and he's a constant threat on the field...plus he adds an entire dimension to our running attack. Micheal Vick fits on this team and he's a competitor. He also needs money is aging and wants to shine. We should have went after him before and we certainly should do so now....

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

1. We don't want Cutler
    2. We want Hughes back
    FU. What's with the "we" ****, Miagi? You got a mouse in your pocket?

This just in, you don't speak for anybody.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    Cutler has Forte, Marshall(until last week), Bennett and Jeffery and he still can't win. I fail to see how coming to Buffalo would change that. He is what he is. A guy who puts up incredibly inflated stats because his team is always playing from behind.

Would he make Buffalo a playoff team? Maybe. Is his salary worth it? Hell no.
    He also has a horrible OL, which he would be getting here this year, but hopefully not next. The Bears defense is HORRENDOUS. They give up an average of 30 points a game. So right off the bat they are asking their QBs to score 31+ and are playing from behind, which I think is a big factor is his turnovers. Forcing throws and doing too much because the Bears are always trailing.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    He also has a horrible OL, which he would be getting here this year, but hopefully not next. The Bears defense is HORRENDOUS. They give up an average of 30 points a game. So right off the bat they are asking their QBs to score 31+ and are playing from behind, which I think is a big factor is his turnovers. Forcing throws and doing too much because the Bears are always trailing.
    He turns the ball over way too much.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    He turns the ball over way too much.
    So does Orton, his come more in the form of punts after 3 and outs. With way less upside and actual talent.

23. Post thanked by:

better days (12-19-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,934 Times in 3,490 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    So does Orton, his come more in the form of punts after 3 and outs. With way less upside and actual talent.
    There's a reason why the old expression isn't "lose the punt battle and lose the game" it's lose the turnover battle and lose the game.

25. Post thanked by:

Meathead (12-20-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Our defense is better than Chicago's, so it is possible most of the turnovers would not result in points. For example I think in our last 7 turnovers only one field goal has been scored. That stat could be wrong but I thought I saw it on twitter.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Personally I don't think Orton is the guy I want. I would almost rather take a chance on Bradford or Jake Locker, call me crazy but I do not want guys that free lance on my team. I could care less about the body language. I like the gun slinger mentality but he still tries to do things history has shown him he cannot get away with. That being said he would be the most talented QB we have had since Bledsoe and could stabilize the position for 6 years, if he keeps his head on straight. However, that is the tough part will he keep his head on straight.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    FU. What's with the "we" ****, Miagi? You got a mouse in your pocket?

This just in, you don't speak for anybody.
    Really? This offended you so much you had to personally attack me?

Wow chillax man.

And yes, I do speak for me at the very least.

29. Post thanked by:

YardRat (12-19-2014)