Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would Cutler Really make the difference

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Would Cutler Really make the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    Show me a team where the QB was NOT a team leader and I'll show you a losing team
    Arizona and Philadelphia seem to be doing pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

2. Post thanked by:

better days (12-19-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,853 Times in 3,502 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGold View Post
    Call me crazy... but I'm starting to think its our running backs holding us back--not qb play.

This team is largely the same offensively this season as they were last year... with the exception of improvement at wideout and lateral movement at qb, (or improvement at that position, depending on your perspective). What then can account for us falling from one of the top teams in the league at running the ball, to one of the worst?

Fredex is getting old, he's lost a step, and where once he was able to get to the second level and rumble for 7-8 more yards, he now drags a mass of players with him to get an extra 2 yards.

Spiller, the fanbase's whipping boy, was our big time, home run threat. Whether or not he was "being utilized properly" is not the question. He was always the second string rb behind freddy... with freddy losing a step, expecting spiller to be an every down back AND the guy that goes between the tackles to get 2-3 yards is just ridiculous. He's not built like that and that's not his strength.

Brown and Dixon are liabilities, they fumble too much and cant bounce it to the outside to pick up extra yards when theres nothing up the middle. they are "downhill runners" who can be effective in space, but we don't commit to using them like that because, sadly, freddy is the better back. but its time to stop looking at having "the oldest running back in the nfl" as a good thing. we need young, powerful backs that can pick up frist downs on 3rd and 1. has ANYONE stopped to criticize the running backs for the fact they cant get first downs on third and short? its hackets fault that out of 4 rbs, NONE of them can pick up first downs consistently in those situations???! COME ON!

With a defense like we have we should be a running team. Even a 3 and out on offense can take 2-3 minutes off the clock if you run the ball 3 times. I know "marty ball" is despised, but if you have a strong defense, ball control becomes paramount. run/pass/pass is a terrible game plan, and one we should move away from next season.

i love freddy as much as the next fan, but he needs to become a positional coach. this team needs to run the ball, and it doesnt matter WHO our qb is.
    Eh, have you seen out O-line? RBs are the least of our worries.

4. Post thanked by:

better days (12-19-2014)

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    I see no reason the Bills can't afford to pay both Cutler & Hughes.

On his current contract next year, Cutler makes $15.5 Mill. That is only 10 mill more than Orton would get.
    This team can afford Cutler and all our pending free agents, but I think that's basically it for our FA budget. I asked this in the other thread, and I'll restate it here: If we get Cutler, that's probably it for our ability to improve the team through FA over the next few years. Barring a rookie sensation on the order of Kiko Alonso, the team is basically set. Do you think Cutler can with with this version of the Bills? Not one with two new guards and a new receiving TE, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    I really don't get all this Banter about Cutler really. He's too much of a screw up and not enough of a threat. I would be willing to bet if Michael Vick was on this team we would already have 10 or 11 wins. Before the disgusted dog lovers revolt let me remind you the guy has got talent and he's a constant threat on the field...plus he adds an entire dimension to our running attack. Micheal Vick fits on this team and he's a competitor. He also needs money is aging and wants to shine. We should have went after him before and we certainly should do so now....
    I'm against Vick because he doesn't bring us anything on the field. He's too fragile for his legs to be a season-long threat, and he's inaccurate and bad enough in the passing game that I would rather roll with EJ and see if he could at least play his way out of his faults. Vick is gonna be 35 next year man. It's over.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

6. Post thanked by:

better days (12-19-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    This team can afford Cutler and all our pending free agents, but I think that's basically it for our FA budget. I asked this in the other thread, and I'll restate it here: If we get Cutler, that's probably it for our ability to improve the team through FA over the next few years. Barring a rookie sensation on the order of Kiko Alonso, the team is basically set. Do you think Cutler can with with this version of the Bills? Not one with two new guards and a new receiving TE, etc.

I'm against Vick because he doesn't bring us anything on the field. He's too fragile for his legs to be a season-long threat, and he's inaccurate and bad enough in the passing game that I would rather roll with EJ and see if he could at least play his way out of his faults. Vick is gonna be 35 next year man. It's over.
    I think with proper Coaching/system the Bills could win with Cutler.

But Cutler is a gunslinger like Favre was. He needs room to freelance, a structured system like Trestman uses does not suit Cutler.

I'm not sure if Cutler would thrive under Marrone/Hackett or not.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,558 Times in 17,442 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    FU. What's with the "we" ****, Miagi? You got a mouse in your pocket?

This just in, you don't speak for anybody.
    I feel pretty comfortable at this point speaking for Miyagi also, so...

1. We don't want Cutler
    2. We want Hughes back
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

But Cutler is a gunslinger like Favre was. He needs room to freelance, a structured system like Trestman uses does not suit Cutler.

LOL. Idiot.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Fair points. And one has to be concerned about Cutler's temperment - ok for a wr or db I suppose, but not for a qb.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    LOL. Idiot.
    Well IDIOT, I did not say Cutler has the ability of Favre.

But he does have that SAME gunslinger mentality.

And only an IDIOT would TRY to refute that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 853 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Call me crazy... but I'm starting to think its our running backs holding us back--not qb play.

This team is largely the same offensively this season as they were last year... with the exception of improvement at wideout and lateral movement at qb, (or improvement at that position, depending on your perspective). What then can account for us falling from one of the top teams in the league at running the ball, to one of the worst?

Fredex is getting old, he's lost a step, and where once he was able to get to the second level and rumble for 7-8 more yards, he now drags a mass of players with him to get an extra 2 yards.

Spiller, the fanbase's whipping boy, was our big time, home run threat. Whether or not he was "being utilized properly" is not the question. He was always the second string rb behind freddy... with freddy losing a step, expecting spiller to be an every down back AND the guy that goes between the tackles to get 2-3 yards is just ridiculous. He's not built like that and that's not his strength.

Brown and Dixon are liabilities, they fumble too much and cant bounce it to the outside to pick up extra yards when theres nothing up the middle. they are "downhill runners" who can be effective in space, but we don't commit to using them like that because, sadly, freddy is the better back. but its time to stop looking at having "the oldest running back in the nfl" as a good thing. we need young, powerful backs that can pick up frist downs on 3rd and 1. has ANYONE stopped to criticize the running backs for the fact they cant get first downs on third and short? its hackets fault that out of 4 rbs, NONE of them can pick up first downs consistently in those situations???! COME ON!

With a defense like we have we should be a running team. Even a 3 and out on offense can take 2-3 minutes off the clock if you run the ball 3 times. I know "marty ball" is despised, but if you have a strong defense, ball control becomes paramount. run/pass/pass is a terrible game plan, and one we should move away from next season.

i love freddy as much as the next fan, but he needs to become a positional coach. this team needs to run the ball, and it doesnt matter WHO our qb is.
    yes the rbs make orton have no arm strength completely nonathletic and run a 7 second 40

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
    1. We don't want Cutler
    2. We want Hughes back
    I want both and the Bills can afford both.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well IDIOT, I did not say Cutler has the ability of Favre.

But he does have that SAME gunslinger mentality.

And only an IDIOT would TRY to refute that.
    Crawl back under your rock.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

How many times have you watched RBs break tackles in the backfield to get back to the line? The O-line is horrible. They are holding us back. How does this happen with a former NFL guard and O-line coach as HC?
    In answer to the threads question about Cutler, We are going to have to sign someone's cast off at QB. Which one will be best? I don't know if it's Cutler or not. The real QB of the future will come though the draft, but without a 1st rounder, I'm not counting on getting one next year. This team is a decent QB and a good O-line away. Here is what I would do, sign the best QB and OG in free agency and then draft one of each with our 2nd and 3rd round picks. And I would leave the door open to drafting a QB in the follow draft, also.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Crawl back under your rock.
    TROLL.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Am I the only one who thinks Orton is better than Cutler?

Wasn't this the guy we watched suck week 1??

I like how people think different is better.

CJ Spiller was awful before he got hurt. Maybe it's the OC.

18. Post thanked by:

swiper (12-20-2014)

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,935 Times in 13,287 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Cutler's just going through the motions. He doesn't care about playing football anymore, he just wants to be young and rich.

Getting Cutler is the WORST thing we could do for this team.
    My tebya razdavim

20. Post thanked by:

YardRat (12-20-2014)

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

yeah i do NOT want cutler. might as well stick with orton and try to strengthen the line. this team could win with average qb play if the line was better bc rushing and sack data would be better and take the heat off the qb

looks to me like we are most likely getting the dreaded training camp qb battle btwn orton and ej, which isnt as bad as it could have been. at least orton is capable and ej still has potential upside so we might be ok there
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

22. Post thanked by:

YardRat (12-20-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 621 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Enough of the name calling and insulting.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    Enough of the name calling and insulting.
    Killjoy

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Would Cutler really make a difference? My answer is Yes. On a team in which he feels he has something to play for.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Orton is better than Cutler?

Wasn't this the guy we watched suck week 1??

I like how people think different is better.

CJ Spiller was awful before he got hurt. Maybe it's the OC.
    Just before he got hurt, Spiller had a GREAT run.

And Cutler did not suck in week one against the Bills as bad as Orton did last week against the Packers.