Thread: Bills don't deserve playoff spot

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bills don't deserve playoff spot

In all honesty this is not a team that should be in the playoffs over teams like Chargers and Ravens.

We have the worst OL in football (need two G and a RT) a mediocre QB and a defence that just flopped against one of the worst offences in the league (again rushing 3 only on 3rd and 20+).

Our coaches are not good enough to overcome our deficiencies either.

Get Polian in here, sign Bowles, re-build the OL and QB position and try again with qualified FO and players.

2. Post thanked by:

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,701 Times in 3,422 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bills don't deserve playoff spot

I agree on the point we didn't deserve it, especially after losing to the Chiefs at home. This is not a playoff team. The biggest deficiency is OC, followed by O-line. We have to remember that Gailey was able to get this O-line to run a screen or a delay and it was deadly at times. We have no run game because this OC can't develop a game plan and the O-line can't execute anyway.

4. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm no expert, but when your OL regresses even after drafting three guys to help fix it, I'd put the focus more on coaching than talent. Get a new OL coach. We simply don't have the ability to constantly draft OL, because there are other needs on the team. We haven't drafted a single DL in two years. Good teams and front offices almost always draft DL, even when they don't have an obvious need. Because you can always use them.

Sign two OL in free agency (one expecting to start and one as depth), and get a new coach. If we can get the OL going, we can run the ball and not rely on the QB. Which should make our QB's look a little better.

While I agree we don't deserve the playoff spot, it still stings not to get it. Especially in losing to a team like Oakland. Derek Carr looked better than Orton and their offense looked like what we wanted to run - except they had open receivers.
    Last edited by psubills62; 12-21-2014 at 07:38 PM.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

6. Post thanked by:

Mace (12-21-2014),Novacane (12-21-2014)

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by psubills62 View Post
    I'm no expert, but when your OL regresses even after drafting three guys to help fix it, I'd put the focus more on coaching than talent. Get a new OL coach. We simply don't have the ability to constantly draft OL, because there are other needs on the team. We haven't drafted a single DL in two years. Good teams and front offices almost always draft DL, even when they don't have an obvious need. Because you can always use them.

Sign two OL in free agency (one expecting to start and one as depth), and get a new coach. If we can get the OL going, we can run the ball and not rely on the QB. Which should make our QB's look a little better.

While I agree we don't deserve the playoff spot, it still stings not to get it. Especially in losing to a team like Oakland. Derek Carr looked better than Orton and their offense looked like what we wanted to run - except they had open receivers.

Bingo.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,488 Times in 9,185 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Urbik at right guard, Pears at right tackle and we needed a left guard only. They have prospects to learn. I wish they'd stop getting cutesy and build on weak points instead of making more weak points to rebuild. Urbik and Pears were not great but serviceable before we dorked around with them. Just put things back the way they were and go from there to get better, spot by spot, starting with left guard (which we surely don't need because they're dime a dozen according to most people).

The OL regressed because Marrone and Morris saw fit to show us how clever and progressive they are, instead of just getting one good damn left guard and working on developing replacements over time for the average Urbik and Pears, which would have been Richardson and Henderson before bouncing people all over and dumping Urbik into the doghouse for most of the year, which was flat out stupid because while he's not an all pro, Urbik is still better than what they got from Williams and Richardson stobbornly for crucial weeks.

Let Marrone replace Hackett, Morris and Downing and live or die properly on the results of his offensively offense specialty. If he doesn't, well move it along to the next staff who might.

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    Bills don't deserve playoff spot.
    it all worked out for the best then
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm sort of glad we didn't make the playoffs this year. It would've been more heartbreaking if we squeezed in by luck and got hammered 52-9 in Pittsburgh.