Thread: How many of our fans watch other games

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

How many of our fans watch other games

I ask this bc people are calling for Ortons head. Orton has made passes that we havent seen since Kelly and misses passes that we just spent 2 weeks seeing Peyton and Rodgers miss the same plays. People say Ortons pocket awareness is bad, everytime i watch Orton he moves up and around very well, the issue comes when he steps up and immediatley a guard wiffs and hes sacked. Almost every TD pass Orton has thrown as a bill, was the first time weve seen those passes from a bills QB in 20 yrs. Every horrible play that people mention by Orton is usually a designed play. Also that 3rd and one slide. I watched it for ghe first time recently. HE HAD NO CHANCE. As soon as he escaped everyone collapsed and he still had a good 3 yds. So im sorry but if we chasr this QB out of town ill be pissed. Hes not great, but he makes passes that honestly only the top 10 QBs will attempt. Your not gonna see the passes Orton makes frim the Cams, Daltons, Ryans of the Nfl
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

SpikedLemonade

Re: How many of our fans watch other games

Orton has been playing scared for the past half a dozen games.

That slide of his that came up 3 yards short is reflective of the fact he is afraid of being hit.

As such he has been throwing the ball sooner and sooner.

We will never be able to build a OL that will protect such an immobile QB as Orton.

Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom Homegrown's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,131 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What are these "other games " you speak of?

4. Post thanked by:

Novacane (12-24-2014)

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Kyle Orton has been in the league a long time (much of it as a backup), with nowhere near the success enjoyed by Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees or any other of the elite QBs.

There is a reason. HE IS NOT AN ELITE QB. He is not a franchise QB. He is not even a starting QB. He will never lead us out of the 15 year morass that we are in, no matter how good you think he is.

His release - along with the firing of Whaley and Marrone - heads my Christmas list.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

6. Post thanked by:

better days (12-24-2014),djjimkelly (12-24-2014),Novacane (12-24-2014),OpIv37 (12-24-2014)

My IQ Test results came back negative BillsOwnAll's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I watch red zone because I love outta the area. There is ZERO good nfl QB who doesn't have a great line. Brady Rodgers manning luck.. All have 5-7 seconds in the pocket even longer sometimes. Then they say "the secret to beating them is to get to them". In reality that's the secret to any qb. Put Brady or manning behind our line and they'd be half the QBs they are. I honestly bielive that

8. Post thanked by:

Don't Panic (12-24-2014)

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,911 Times in 2,089 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsOwnAll View Post
    I watch red zone because I love outta the area. There is ZERO good nfl QB who doesn't have a great line. Brady Rodgers manning luck.. All have 5-7 seconds in the pocket even longer sometimes. Then they say "the secret to beating them is to get to them". In reality that's the secret to any qb. Put Brady or manning behind our line and they'd be half the QBs they are. I honestly bielive that
    there is one exception; rapistburger. that line sucks donkey dick

or at least it had for years. it's improved considerably now
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

10. Post thanked by:

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    there is one exception; rapistburger. that line sucks donkey dick

or at least it had for years. it's improved considerably now
    I always wonder how successful the Bills would have been if we jumped ahead of Pittsburgh by trading our 1st and 2nd to the Texans for that draft pick. The Texans would have jumped at the offer.

Lee Evans was a one trick pony and we traded up (with the 2005 1st round pick to Dallas) to draft Losman.

It was such a poor decision.

12. Post thanked by:

Novacane (12-24-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,459 Times in 7,309 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Is this thread a joke?

14. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (12-24-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,360 Times in 2,088 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    I always wonder how successful the Bills would have been if we jumped ahead of Pittsburgh by trading our 1st and 2nd to the Texans for that draft pick. The Texans would have jumped at the offer.

Lee Evans was a one trick pony and we traded up (with the 2005 1st round pick to Dallas) to draft Losman.

It was such a poor decision.
    that draft still ticks me off.

He was a clear cut top 5 QB, who kept falling for reasons i can't grasp... We knew pittsburgh OR san francisco would have taken him and both were the 2 picks above us. there was a 3-5 team window which we could have traded up in, and we never pulled the trigger. It still infuriates me when i think about it. Especially since Jax was trying to trade their pick.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

16. Post thanked by:

Novacane (12-24-2014)

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post

He was a clear cut top 5 QB, who kept falling for reasons i can't grasp... We knew pittsburgh OR san francisco would have taken him and both were the 2 picks above us. there was a 3-5 team window which we could have traded up in, and we never pulled the trigger. It still infuriates me when i think about it. Especially since Jax was trying to trade their pick.
    I believe that was the season I lost faith in the Bills management and have not regained confidence in them since.

I forgot that it was more than simply the Texans at #10 that we could have traded with.

I bet we could have gone from 14 to 10 (the Texans pick) for a 3rd round pick.

To then trade next year's 1st round pick to draft Losman was plain stupid.

That was just arrogant. It said that we are smarter than other NFL teams when there was absolutely no evidence that we were.

18. Post thanked by:

Novacane (12-24-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This is why the bills will never have a good QB. Our fans no nothing about the nfl, and even Peyton the way he plays would nver get bills fans respect. Im sorry but if you hate Orton than you need to watch some Peyton games if you wanna see rediculously bad passes.

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post
    This is why the bills will never have a good QB. Our fans no nothing about the nfl, and even Peyton the way he plays would nver get bills fans respect. Im sorry but if you hate Orton than you need to watch some Peyton games if you wanna see rediculously bad passes.
    You should be ***** slapped with a Christmas Yuletide Log for using Orton and Peyton in the same sentence.

Is the point you are trying to make is that not every pass thrown by Peyton Manning is perfect?

OK.

21. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (12-24-2014),Novacane (12-24-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post

Please stop comparing Kyle ****ing Orton to one of the best QB of all time. I tried to be nice the first time. You are making yourself look really stupid!

You do that then say the rest of us know nothing about the NFL. Give me a break! INSANE

23. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (12-24-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    You should be ***** slapped with a Christmas Yuletide Log for using Orton and Peyton in the same sentence.

Is the point you are trying to make is that not every pass thrown by Peyton Manning is perfect?

OK.
    Peyton Manning throws bad passes. Kyle Orton throws bad passes. They are the exact same QB. Manning just has a great OL.

25. Post thanked by:

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The reasons should be apparent now: he had character red flags and a tendency to hold the ball and take a lot of hits. He overcame them, but his career could have easily gone a different way.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

OK. Orton is the best QB in the league & Whaley would be crazy not to give him a 5 year $80 million contract. All Whaley & the rest of the league's GMs need to do is start watching other games & they'll start to appreciate Orton's greatness.
    OR
    They can all watch the Bills games & see he sucks.

28. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (12-24-2014),Novacane (12-24-2014),OpIv37 (12-24-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,360 Times in 2,088 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    The reasons should be apparent now: he had character red flags and a tendency to hold the ball and take a lot of hits. He overcame them, but his career could have easily gone a different way.
    nah. I remember him in college. he was RAW. That said he was a natural freak of a talent that was simply impossible to ignore. I knew his sophomore year he was a top 5 pick... and that junior year convinced me he was the best QB in a loaded draft (Rivers and Manning). I never heard any character questions with him, just 2 main concerns.
    1) the level of competition in the MAC isn't good
    2) very limited experience might mean he'd have to sit a year

That said anyone who saw him play against Iowa in his sophomore year would have known he would make it big in the NFL; frankly he was way better at reading defenses then Eli was coming out of college. And you could see he was a physical freak with an insanely live arm and good instincts. He would have succeeded anywhere he went. though he probably wasn't good enough to win a superbowl until his 5th year in the league on his own. This year he's been insane. His numbers against the blitz are mind boggling.

no, that draft miss still ticks me off. He had no business going later then pick 3 and he just kept falling in that draft, and there were teams willing to trade yet we didn't pull the trigger. instead we drafted evans and then traded back into that round to get jp losman (i think this was the biggest bone of contention for me. they were willing to trade into round one for losman but not up to get roethlisberger)

30. Post thanked by:

jimmifli (12-26-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,617 Times in 17,484 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm still pissed we wasted a 6th round pick on Leif Larson instead of snagging Brady.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

nah. I remember him in college. he was RAW. That said he was a natural freak of a talent that was simply impossible to ignore. I knew his sophomore year he was a top 5 pick... and that junior year convinced me he was the best QB in a loaded draft (Rivers and Manning). I never heard any character questions with him, just 2 main concerns.
    1) the level of competition in the MAC isn't good
    2) very limited experience might mean he'd have to sit a year

That said anyone who saw him play against Iowa in his sophomore year would have known he would make it big in the NFL; frankly he was way better at reading defenses then Eli was coming out of college. And you could see he was a physical freak with an insanely live arm and good instincts. He would have succeeded anywhere he went. though he probably wasn't good enough to win a superbowl until his 5th year in the league on his own. This year he's been insane. His numbers against the blitz are mind boggling.

no, that draft miss still ticks me off. He had no business going later then pick 3 and he just kept falling in that draft, and there were teams willing to trade yet we didn't pull the trigger. instead we drafted evans and then traded back into that round to get jp losman (i think this was the biggest bone of contention for me. they were willing to trade into round one for losman but not up to get roethlisberger)
    Just because you didn't hear about them doesn't mean they weren't there. The guy was a knucklehead and it was borne out when he went face first through a windshield without a helmet and found himself in compromising positions with women twice. And while he might be the toughest SOB to play QB since Favre, he does get knocked out a lot. He's completed only two seasons since he was made starter.

There were good reasons not to take him (especially since we would have had to trade up to do it). I think the bigger miss was McKelvin over Flacco since that would not have involved a trade, and Flacco is a total boy scout.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I know the NFL is all about the QB but the biggest draft misses this franchise made over the past decade occurred in the same year.

Whitner over Ngata, you could even technically argue Cutler there AND trading up for McCargo over Mangold.

How much different does this team look today with Cutler or Ngata and Mangold over Whitner and McCargo?

I still think the pick was gonna be Huff and then panic ensued when the Raiders took him.