X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

5 RBs that we could get

This is the perfect year to go out and get one of the top 5 RBs of the past 10 years. MJD probably could be had but hes under contract. Then there is Ray Rice, Gore, Peterson, and well Lynch but he wont come back. Out of the available i think that Gore is the best fit. Big strong pure power back who fights for every inch. Rice, Peterson than MJD would be my order
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: 5 RBs that we could get

Dime a dozen. I prefer younger RB's with less wear and tons less baggage surrounding them.

Need OG's first.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Zero
      Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs
      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
      This is the perfect year to go out and get one of the top 5 RBs of the past 10 years. MJD probably could be had but hes under contract. Then there is Ray Rice, Gore, Peterson, and well Lynch but he wont come back. Out of the available i think that Gore is the best fit. Big strong pure power back who fights for every inch. Rice, Peterson than MJD would be my order
      1) Ray Rice- looked done before the controversy. Now he's an unknown quantity having been out of football for a year and oh, and he carries baggage.

2) Peterson- obviously a great player who will command a high salary, comes with baggage and will likely want to go to a big market team- like the Cowboys.

3) Gore- near the tail end of his career. Sure he's still serviceable and productive but do we really need to invest money into an aging back and how is this an improvement over Fred Jackson?

4) MJD- this guy is done like Thanksgiving dinner. You can find a better running back practically anywhere.

Improve the line first- this should be the first order of business...

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Screw getting any RB.

We NEED a QB & HC.

Comment

• sukie
          Seriously?
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by better days View Post
          Screw getting any RB.

We NEED a QB & HC.
          This might well have been a thread about kickers we could get... Meh... Not a need

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

Patterson if he comes at 4 mil. Otherwise mid round, or later, backs turn into studs all the time.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• EDS
              • Jan 2003

Terrible idea.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                • Sep 2012

Free agent halfbacks are one of the worst investments you can make. Peterson would be the only one I'd even take a look at (well, Lynch too but he wouldn't look back). I would be ok with a younger FA or adding a late round back to the 3 guys we have on the roster for next year.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Just pick up an average run of the mill bulldozer half back...they're all over the place and are available every year.

In short yardage situations, instead of giving the ball to Fred to get pounded or to CJ to watch him dance like a fool, give it to the big guy and tell him his only job is to take the hand off, put your head down and go straight.

That's all this team really needs at the RB position anyway.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Imagine Peterson to Indy. Great QB, plays on turf. He's what they're missing.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                      Imagine Peterson to Indy. Great QB, plays on turf. He's what they're missing.
                      Or AP in New England would be even scarier.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                        • Sep 2003

Who cares about backs? What OL can we get in free agency?

Comment

• Swiper
                          • Sep 2010

Ray Rice sucked in 2013. You wanting him shows your lack of awareness to that.

And maybe there are some murders, felons, and child abusers that you overlooked.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                            • Sep 2004

I can't take this thread serious as you honestly suggested MJD as a possible option.

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

The only change this team needs at RB is an OLine that can get out and front and block.

Comment

Working...
                              X