Marone: Blame me not Hackett for offensive struggles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Marone: Blame me not Hackett for offensive struggles.

I what Orton did was bail us out I'd rather sink!

Comment

• kingJofNYC
      • Sep 2009

Marrone's doing what he does best, stick to his guns until the bitter end. Stubborn as hell. He shouldn't be throwing his OC under the bus, not like Hackett's the only problem, but when your team receives upgrades at multiple positions on O, but you fail to improve on the last regimes offensive output then your OC has failed, along with the HC for that matter.

We'll get a token sacrifice but Hackett and Marrone are going down with the ship, whether we like it or not. It's hard to recruit a capable OC when the HC may be fired after 2015, so all this Hackett talk is just a waste of time.

Comment

• sudzy
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
        "I don't know, how many quarterbacks that we've played. We're playing with a quarterback that wasn't in our training camp"

It's a legit excuse but it looks like he's preparing to throw it all on the QB. Marone and Hackett make bad QB's worse! Having Orton in training camp wouldn't have changed a damn thing for the positive. He would of just been captain checkdown jr right from the start instead of waiting a few weeks to become an EJ clone!
        Sounds to me like he's trying to push this all off of Whaley

Comment

• The Jokeman
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
          I truly believe that after the year is over the decision will be made to keep Whaley, and Marrone around. Marrone will get free reign to decide if he wants to make any coaching changes and I think the only two he's going to possibly change are Morris (OL) and Wheatley (RB).

In 2015 we're going to have Whaley, Marrone, and Hackett in a make it or break it year.
          I agree yet not sure how Wheatley's feet got tossed to the fire but it makes some sense. I just hope Whaley can keep this D in tact this offseason and make the small moves on O we need to improve.

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by coastal View Post
            If someone offered me an OC position and the offense consisted of two guards named Urbik and Pears and a QB named Manuel... I'd be asking what's the plan for replacing these players before I moved forward.

That being said... I'm not opposed to bringing an a seasoned OC to compliment what we are doing on the defensive side of the ball.
            The moving of Pears to OG still baffles me but think it was a cap/he was the best guy available at the time. Yet with him now due to be an UFA I expect us to draft or sign someone in UFA to replace him. Urbik I think is better than he played this year or at least he seemed better in 2013 but maybe that's because he was on the right side and lined up next to a veteran Pears and not a rookie like Henderson.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Like Spikes last year, Iupati is #1 on my FA list this off-season...that is guy worth paying some bank.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• The Jokeman
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                Like Spikes last year, Iupati is #1 on my FA list this off-season...that is guy worth paying some bank.
                I never expected is to land Spikes but we got him pretty simply. As think we were his only visit. That said he was a solid addition and I'd like him back to have some insurance behind Kiko. As even though Spikes didn't always see the field I'd rather have him in there if something happens to Kiko instead of Rivers. In terms this season off season targets ,Ipuati might is going to get plenty of looks, my top guy would be Jordan Cameron. As I think he's the ideal move the chains type TE we could use and a tad more reliable than Chandler is. Toss in in his breakout season (2013) all seven of his TDs came from inside the redzone. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...jordan-cameron
                Last edited by The Jokeman; 12-26-2014, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• Swiper
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                  If someone offered me an OC position and the offense consisted of two guards named Urbik and Pears and a QB named Manuel... I'd be asking what's the plan for replacing these players before I moved forward.
                  I would remind you that both Urbik and Pears, while not all-stars, were playing MUCH better under Gailey & D'Alessandris two seasons ago when manning RG and RT respectively - and, as a consequence the running game was much more productive.

Again, Marrone is a self-proclaimed o-line guru? Hmpf. Doesn't really show.

- - - Updated - - -

coastal loves you.

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

what is iupati? is he a beaner, a poi eater, what

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Meathead
                      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                      • Jul 2002

lol. google and it pops right up. samoan

so i still dont know which racist jokes to make
                      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Frenchman
                        June and Summertime!
                        • Apr 2012

Fix the O-Line and you will become elite. Though there is lots of work to do!
                        ​Ready for Summertime Fun!

Comment

• Spartacus
                          • Mar 2003

I'm well aware of the circumstances and the personnel, and in my judgment, the offense performed WELL below the potential afforded by the pieces.

The team is average.

The D is above average.

Ergo, the O is below average.

Schwart2 was responsible for the best of the Bills, Marrone and Hackett the worst.

Give the team to Schwart2, keep Whaley for another year, get a better qb and OC and BUILD on what we do well.
                          My tebya razdavim

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                            • Sep 2009

Spikes is one and done with this team in all likelihood.

My buddy is Niners fan and he feels the same way about Iupati that you did with Levitre. PFF has him as one of the worst guards in pass pro, 58th out of 79 qualifying players. However, he was 2nd in run blocking. Levitre was good at pass blocking but a so so run blocker, just the opposite with Iupati who will get a boatload in FA.
                            Last edited by kingJofNYC; 12-26-2014, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• Mace
                              Haha...yeah you think so ?
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                              lol. google and it pops right up. samoan

so i still dont know which racist jokes to make
                              You really don't want to. First thing I learned first time I went to Hawaii, is you don't bother a Samoan, tough as nails, even the women. I was beaten up viciously by a Samoan toddler at the airport. And they make the best girl scout cookies. Kid gave me a cookie after beating me up. They are a people not to be mocked.

Comment

• coastal
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Mar 2005

Five card stud

Comment

Working...
                                X