X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Hue Jackson EXPECTED to be HC Candidate for Bills maybe Falcons per sources

Bengals off. coordinator Hue Jackson expected to be head coaching candidate for Bills, maybe Falcons, source says. Can interview next week.

I hate to post this as it sounds like pure speculation but people were wondering about the Rooney Rule well Jackson fits the criteria and more.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Hue Jackson EXPECTED to be HC Candidate for Bills maybe Falcons per sources

Add him to the long list...of pure speculation.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

No.
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

OK if I put 'Rumor' in the thread title?
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• elltrain22
          • Sep 2003

Rooney rule. Nuff said.
          If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

"Sources say" LOL.

I agree if he even got an interview it'd be nothing more than satisfying the outdated Rooney Rule.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
              • Nov 2007

i don't know. i wouldn't mind. the last time the raiders were even looking remotely like an NFL franchise (not counting the embarrassing 12/21/14 loss to them) he was at the helm. the team seemed to play hard for him and s*** seemed to go downhill again after he was fired.
              I came.
              I saw.
              I conquered.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Hugh Jackson is a good coach. He's more than just a Rooney rule candidate.

Comment

• Thurmal
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                  i don't know. i wouldn't mind. the last time the raiders were even looking remotely like an NFL franchise (not counting the embarrassing 12/21/14 loss to them) he was at the helm. the team seemed to play hard for him and s*** seemed to go downhill again after he was fired.
                  Yup. If I recall correctly, he only had one year there, and they went 8-8. New GM wanted his own guy and fired him after just that one season.
                  "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Dr. Who
                    • Jul 2002

Whaley is a risk taker and has an eye for talent. I hope he finds a coach with similar qualities. At least we'll be reasonably certain that the coach will play the players who are brought in.

Comment

• THRILLHO
                      This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                      • Feb 2009

I liked what Hue did in his limited time in Oakland.
                      True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• sudzy
                        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
                        Yup. If I recall correctly, he only had one year there, and they went 8-8. New GM wanted his own guy and fired him after just that one season.
                        8-8 for an Oakland team that had a fifth of the talent the Bills do.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                          • Jul 2002

One really bad thing he did was that he was the driving force behind the Carson Palmer trade.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                            One really bad thing he did was that he was the driving force behind the Carson Palmer trade.
                            How was that bad? Palmer hasn't exactly lit the world on fire since being traded. He's spent more time injured than playing.

Comment

• GingerP
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                              How was that bad? Palmer hasn't exactly lit the world on fire since being traded. He's spent more time injured than playing.
                              He gave up a 1st and a 2nd to get Palmer, who hadn't played well in years. That was a terrible trade for the Raiders, who needed a lot more than Palmer to get better.

Comment

Working...
                              X