It's looking obvious...the new owners might be idiots.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

It's looking obvious...the new owners might be idiots.

You have people jumping this ship faster than the Titanic. Now Kim Pegula is going to sit in on coaching interviews. Kim is a tennis mom who doesn't belong anywhere near this process. She should spend more time at home teaching her kids not to brag about being billionaires, or letting them know that all the tennis lessons in the world won't make you a pro.

If I were a coach, NFL executive, or QB I wouldn't touch this organization with a ten foot pole. Terry needs to wake up here and bring real football people in because he's losing credibility fast. Having Polian running around bad mouthing us is insane. BTW who is negotiating the contracts for Dareus and Hughes? Kim?

I'm actually embarrassed to think this team could look worse than when Ralph had it.
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Re: It's looking obvious...the new owners might be idiots.

Funny... I thought you would have been embarrassed just by putting up that post.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Don't Panic View Post
      Funny... I thought you would have been embarrassed just by putting up that post.
      Not at all....just because you have a lot of money and love the area that doesn't protect you from valid criticism. Please show me Kim's resume in football. Matter of fact anything related to management.

Comment

• Don't Panic
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
        Not at all....just because you have a lot of money and love the area that doesn't protect you from valid criticism. Please show me Kim's resume in football. Matter of fact anything related to management.
        Kim had a lot to do with the building of Terry's empire but that's besides the point. You're fearing up the place... taking the snippets from the interweb and jumping off a bridge with them. The truth of this situation is probably pretty distant from what's been told in terms of who is going to actually run the football aspect of this team. And it won't be Kim Pegula, of that I'm sure. The three people who aren't with the team who were expected to be are an unretired dad who decided to go be a dad after a subpar season, a coach with some obvious psychological sensitivities who has an inflated perception of his worth, and a guy who is over a decade removed from doing anything impressive in football and most likely looking to get his kid a top gig. I'm cool with that, and I'm pretty sure a bunch of others are too.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

If I'm the new owner my ass is going to be sitting in on all of the HC interviews also, if for no other reasons than to 1) be present so that the candidate is aware I am very interested in employing them and when an offer gets made it's done with complete support right from the top, and 2) observe...it's a new business to me and the more exposed I am to any of the dynamics gives me more knowledge and hopefully makes me a better owner.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            If I'm the new owner my ass is going to be sitting in on all of the HC interviews also, if for no other reasons than to 1) be present so that the candidate is aware I am very interested in employing them and when an offer gets made it's done with complete support right from the top, and 2) observe...it's a new business to me and the more exposed I am to any of the dynamics gives me more knowledge and hopefully makes me a better owner.
            I don't think that was ever an argument. I think the fact that we don't have a real team executive in the room is a problem.
            I'm pretty sure Whaley and Brandon were in the room for the Marrone hire. How did that work out? The Pegula's have no more experience picking a coach than you or I do.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

The Pegula's are not idiots.

If they were, Marrone would still be HC of the Bills.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                • Aug 2004

What ever you guys beat on him, it is a valid point of Kim Pegula being there for what value.

In fact that can be said about Terry as well. I see it as an assurance that the candidates know this hire is from Pegula, not just Whaley.

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

It's funny reading posts from people who have no clue what's going on inside OBD acting like they know everything that's going on inside OBD.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

What a drama queen. Go find a bridge.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      If I just bought the Bills I wouldn't be looking for a President or GM to run them.
                      I would be the new President and GM.
                      It's my team, Im running it, and picking who I want on it.

Comment

• sudzy
                        • Apr 2013

Seriously? Don't other owners sit in on their coaching interviews? I don't know, but, I think if I was making an investment like this, I might want a little say in this.

Comment

• Novacane
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
                          Seriously? Don't other owners sit in on their coaching interviews? I don't know, but, I think if I was making an investment like this, I might want a little say in this.
                          Nope. Only the Pegulas do something so idiotic as this!

Comment

• coastal
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

This is a total ****ing circus at this point

Comment

• black N yellow
                              • Dec 2012

If it weren't for threads like this. Sigh

Comment

Working...
                              X