• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Music City Miracle… not passing the eye test

The Music City Miracle, which propelled the Titans 15 years ago, didn't pass the eye-ball test, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter writes.

In 25 years covering the NFL, there aren't many press box seats as memorable as the one assigned to me, as a reporter for the Denver Post, on Jan. 8, 2000, 15 years ago next week, for the wild-card game at what's now LP Field between the Buffalo Bills and Tennessee Titans.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• GvilleBills
    • Mar 2006

Re: Music City Miracle… not passing the eye test

Cool, but ultimately pointless.
    Just pickin' at the scab
    Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• Jaybird
      • Dec 2005

why did you do this to me

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

The Football Gods owe us a few...hopefully they start making good really soon.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Refs made a call on an odd play, it seemed wrong and really didn't make any sense because of what had happened. The refs obviously got caught up in the moment, emotionally. Reality was the miracle was the refs allowed it even though there was clear visual evidence of different, regardless of fanship.

Comment

Working...
          X