RUMOR: It was fire Doug for $8 M or him opt out for $4 M, he was a goner either way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

RUMOR: It was fire Doug for $8 M or him opt out for $4 M, he was a goner either way

I was just told the power-play for his group's extension was basically met with the owner posturing of him no longer being welcome. Doug basically took offense and trashed the team to Polian & others that would listen, even though Doug's sphere of influence is limited in the professional ranks.

This would be a historical equalivelent of Rommel (the Desert Fox) asking for more tanks to drive to Russia to take care of business.
  • WagonCircler
    Escaped Convict
    • Jul 2002

Re: It was fire Doug for $8 M or him opt out for $4 M, he was a goner either way

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    I was just told the power-play for his group's extension was basically met with the owner posturing of him no longer being welcome. Doug basically took offense and trashed the team to Polian & others that would listen, even though Doug's sphere of influence is limited in the professional ranks.

This would be a historical equalivelent of Rommel (the Desert Fox) asking for more tanks to drive to Russia to take care of business.
    Told by whom?

Comment

• coastal
      Legendary Zoner
      • Mar 2005

Re: It was fire Doug for $8 M or him opt out for $4 M, he was a goner either way

Can someone translate this hot mess?

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Skooby's rich friends

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by coastal View Post
          Can someone translate this hot mess?
          Doug: I need to be in charge here and extensions to anyone I say.

Owner: GTFO

Doug: I'm not happy with my position or the organization, I'm taking my services elsewhere.

Owner: Happy New Year, I saved $4 M !! I dont't have to pay this ***** $8 Million !!

Comment

• coastal
            Legendary Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Um.... what?

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by coastal View Post
              Um.... what?
              Bunch of random nonsense compiled mostly of internet fodder, some reporting by actual people, and a pinch of just made up ****.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• coastal
                Legendary Zoner
                • Mar 2005

Thank u

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Skooby pretending to have sources again
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

I iive in a small world, extremely tiny without many walls. The **** you read from Schef and the rest online are re-treads from some small sample of reality. Everything being equal, Terry is turning stones right now. Doug was a dick to the new owner, then got slapped.

Knock me at me will, if it makes anyone here feel better. I've avoided most of the season because there's nothing to report but what the score said, including starting Orton in the most meaningless game of the season. That game wasn't to help the Bills' see who EJ is but to get Doug a winning record, all starters all game for 9-7. So far that selfish action got him half of what he was guaranteed to get, a power-play without a goal. Compete dick-move for the team, especially with a previously retired QB going through the motions in his final game.
                    Last edited by Skooby; 01-05-2015, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Swiper
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2010

knock, knock.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Dec 2005

I miss the name Skooby... it was so much more fitting.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Wruh-wroh.

- - - Updated - - -

"I would've been able to keep my job and get more power, if it wasn't for those darn kids!"
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• RedEyE
                            • Jul 2002

I think Joe Logan even groaned at this sad attempt.

Comment

• Spartacus
                              • Mar 2003

Re: RUMOR: It was fire Doug for $8 M or him opt out for $4 M, he was a goner either w

I understand what he's saying and it makes sense if Marrone has a 4 year contract. Did he, or was it three?

The rationali2ation goes that the Pegulas aren't dumb, they found out about Marrone and his deal with Brandon, so when Marrone shows up asking for more power and an extension, they say no. But they know about the escape clause.

So, they figure that Marrone, being the egomaniac he is, never DREAMED that the Pegulas wouldn't want to keep him as coach and would leave in a huff. Which he did.

If he hadn't, and the Pegulas had to fire him, they'd look like the bad guys and would owe him $8 mill.

This way, they get rid of him like they want for only $4 mill, and make him look like the bad guy at the same time.

Hmmmm, I guess Terry Pegula didn't get where he is by being stupid with money and people.

If this is true, I find it encouraging. We have an owner with a brain....
                              Last edited by CommissarSpartacus; 01-06-2015, 07:13 AM.
                              My tebya razdavim

Comment

Working...
                              X