• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

I'm filing for a divorce from the Buffalo Bills

It hurt again. But this time it felt different. Although it was nothing that I had not experienced in the last 15 years, this time around I felt genuine pain. The moment it happened, I felt that all-too-familiar sinking, heavy feeling. The young quarterback from the other team rolled out and threw a jump ball and converted a 3rd-and-22 pass and effectively ended the Buffalo Bills’ season.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• BuffaloRedleg
    • Aug 2013

Re: I'm filing for a divorce from the Buffalo Bills

Some things you are stuck with, and the team that represents your home city is one of them.

A few weeks ago I made a bet in a league that the Patriots would cover a 7 points spread. I have to be honest, it felt pretty awesome rooting for a winner. I haven't felt that since the Sabres in '06.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
      • Aug 2013

That being said the biggest douches are the ones who are fans of other teams in their home towns.

Seeing that corrupt tub of lard from Jersey rooting for the Cowboys is exactly what I'm talking about. In fact I'd say that Cowboys fans are by far the worst offenders. They are everywhere, and most of which have never even been to dallas.

Comment

• Zero
        Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
        That being said the biggest douches are the ones who are fans of other teams in their home towns.

Seeing that corrupt tub of lard from Jersey rooting for the Cowboys is exactly what I'm talking about. In fact I'd say that Cowboys fans are by far the worst offenders. They are everywhere, and most of which have never even been to dallas.

Funny you should say that. I was born and raised in NYC, I'm a fan of the Bills because my older brother was attending UB way back in the late 80's when I began to watch football. It would be alot easier on my heart and on the soul to be a fan of the Giants.

I realize I am in the minority, as most fans of teams outside their geographic region usually root for teams that have had more success than the ones that are local- but we do exist...

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

So true, and I'm so sick of hearing the 'BUT THEY'RE AMERICA'S TEAM' excuse when you ask why they would root for the Cowboys. F*** right off with that nonsense.

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

This ****** needs to get a grip....

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

the author will get remarried to the bills when they are good at some point.

plus the divorce never goes through. i used to think that i wanted to like the teams less. but you can't. it's easier to check out when their season's are effectively over. but you still want them doing the right things to ensure longer term success.

you still want a chance at the glory.

and plus, having all this anguish will make a real run amazing. in one way, i was happy the bills didn'tsqueak into the playoffs thisyear and play on the road. it would be awesome (long shot, i know), for the first playoff game to be hosted in buffalo. That crowd/energy will be better than all the fracking gas in the world!

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

It's another Look At Me post for Facebook fans.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Too bad his alimony payment will likely come in the form of public funding of a stadium for his Ex-NFL Team.

Then when she's young and hot again he'll want her back.

Sucker play.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• chris66
                    • Sep 2006

this i agree with 100%. If you dont have any connection with that city. how can you be a fan of that team, if your home market has a team

Comment

• WagonCircler
                      Escaped Convict
                      • Jul 2002

That's how i've always felt about people from Buffalo who are Miami fans. It really takes a special kind of douchebag.

That's why, whenever I say (and I mean it) that if we go into the season with Brandon and Whaley still in place and EJ as our starter, I will just stop being an NFL fan.

I can't just switch favorite teams, but I will not buy the bull**** if the Bills signal to me that the status quo is just fine with them.

I'm get my football fix on Saturdays.

Comment

• Gibby
                        • Jun 2006

So I am a douchebag now? Come on I admit I live in Kansas City and that I hopped aboard the Bills bandwagon in 1991 at the age of 7 (the Bills had just destroyed the Raiders 51-3 in the AFC Championship Game en route to the Superbowl) but come on I don't think you can call me a bandwagon fan of any sort and I have staying power. Lets see 25 years of being a Bills Fan and no playoffs in 15. I think I have earned the right to be a Bills fan.

Comment

• Gibby
                          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by chris66 View Post
                          this i agree with 100%. If you dont have any connection with that city. how can you be a fan of that team, if your home market has a team
                          Because Chiefs fans were extremely obnoxious to me when I was in elementary school. That said, I don't mind when the Chiefs win except when they play the Bills, but they are at best my second favorite team.

Comment

• Demon
                            • Mar 2003

I couldn't even tell you how many times we've see such articles or posts from members on BillsZone. It's hilarious. If you truly quit, hit the X at the top of the page, don't watch games, don't attend games and move on with your life. Feeling the need to tell us that you're quitting is a loser thing to do. As someone else said, once the Bills go on a 2-game win streak, this loser will be back with his pom poms.
                            Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

what demon said.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

Working...
                              X