Thread: Fantasy Land

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Fantasy Land

Because I have only one part of my brain that seems to be functioning these days (full frontal hockey lobe), I decided to post one of my morning copulations in plain site for all to share...

First, I'm predicting a 2nd overall selection in the upcoming draft. As such, Eichel is the obvious pick without hesitation. I'm projecting him as a first line right winger based on his performance at the world juniors. It's not that he can't play center, but given his straight line speed, reach, and board work... he'd make a hell of scoring/play making compliment for Reinhart. With Reinhart playing the pivot and controlling the flow, Eichel will create all sorts of difficult to defend space with him dominating the right side.

In watching the word juniors, there was one clear thing in watching Canada... Reinhart and Domi had some chemistry. Call up Arizona... drop our other two firsts, a prospect and a rostered player in an attempt to lure Domi away.

That would likely give us the best first line since the French Connection... Domi, Reinhart and Eichel!

Projecting a 2nd line of Girgensons on the pivot between Brendan Lemieux and Grigerenko...

3rd line of @ Ennis centering for Foligno and Armia.

Throw in Myers, Risto, Zad, McCabe and Pysyk.... and we still have plenty left in the tank with probable trades of Stafford, Stewart... perhaps a goalie to restock the prospect cabinet.

And I still love Nolan as coach.

2. Post thanked by:

Meathead (01-13-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Fantasy Land

Reinhart and Domi are/were a interesting contrast at the WJC.. Reinhart the calm and cool responsible good boy scout..Domi the pesky nuisance mischievously looking to get into trouble.. Would be a shame if those 2 never played together ever again

4. Post thanked by:

coastal (01-10-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,505 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Fantasy Land

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Because I have only one part of my brain that seems to be functioning these days (full frontal hockey lobe), I decided to post one of my morning copulations in plain site for all to share...

First, I'm predicting a 2nd overall selection in the upcoming draft. As such, Eichel is the obvious pick without hesitation. I'm projecting him as a first line right winger based on his performance at the world juniors. It's not that he can't play center, but given his straight line speed, reach, and board work... he'd make a hell of scoring/play making compliment for Reinhart. With Reinhart playing the pivot and controlling the flow, Eichel will create all sorts of difficult to defend space with him dominating the right side.

In watching the word juniors, there was one clear thing in watching Canada... Reinhart and Domi had some chemistry. Call up Arizona... drop our other two firsts, a prospect and a rostered player in an attempt to lure Domi away.

That would likely give us the best first line since the French Connection... Domi, Reinhart and Eichel!

Projecting a 2nd line of Girgensons on the pivot between Brendan Lemieux and Grigerenko...

3rd line of @ Ennis centering for Foligno and Armia.

Throw in Myers, Risto, Zad, McCabe and Pysyk.... and we still have plenty left in the tank with probable trades of Stafford, Stewart... perhaps a goalie to restock the prospect cabinet.

And I still love Nolan as coach.
    still will have a high second as well that will have value, or use that high second to DRAFT A GOD DAMN GOALIE, TIM MURRAY. PLEASE.

i also like the idea of bailey being on the third line. with his goal scoring potential, he would provide excellent size and skill to a depth scoring line.
    Last edited by JATMtheJATM; 01-10-2015 at 10:28 AM.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg