• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Reasons to hate the Rex Ryan signing

Manboobs.
    He said he wasn't here to kiss BB rings hut he did.
    He makes guarantees he can't cash in. Hope he doesn't have Whitners phone number
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Cleve
    • Oct 2004

Re: Reasons to hate the Rex Ryan signing

My number one reason to hate the Rex Ryan Signing?

Drum-roll......

ta-da!!!

1. - Rex Ryan

That is all.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
    per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

You knew this would start eventually, time for the trolls to dig their lines.

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
        Manboobs.
        He said he wasn't here to kiss BB rings hut he did.
        He makes guarantees he can't cash in. Hope he doesn't have Whitners phone number
        Lol. Only fair.

Comment

• DynaPaul
          • Sep 2003

I like the signing but I want to keep Schwartz and get a real OC. If we do that I'll be real happy.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

I wouldn't necessarily say 'hate', but some reasons it may not be the best...

1-His record in NY is a downward slide.
            2-His 'success against NE' is a myth.
            3-His offensive coordinator choices and philosophy are questionable.
            4-If we lose Schwartz and/or try to 'fix' the defense back into a 34 it would be a travesty, probably the only real reason I would hate the hire, but that remains unresolved atm.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              I wouldn't necessarily say 'hate', but some reasons it may not be the best...

1-His record in NY is a downward slide.
              2-His 'success against NE' is a myth.
              3-His offensive coordinator choices and philosophy are questionable.
              4-If we lose Schwartz and/or try to 'fix' the defense back into a 34 it would be a travesty, probably the only real reason I would hate the hire, but that remains unresolved atm.
              Discounting the NE success? I didn't see your reasons in other thread sif you provided it but why are you saying this?

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                Discounting the NE success? I didn't see your reasons in other thread sif you provided it but why are you saying this?
                3-9 isn't success, and close losses don't count. 3-9 is the same 'success' Sparano and Philbin have against NE for Miami in the same time span for the regular season.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                  3-9 isn't success, and close losses don't count. 3-9 is the same 'success' Sparano and Philbin have against NE for Miami in the same time span for the regular season.
                  I look at it as an upgrade to little to no success. We just won our first game in Gillette stadium ever.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                    I look at it as an upgrade to little to no success. We just won our first game in Gillette stadium ever.
                    I don't think Ryan has won there yet in the regular season.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

Doesn't beating them there in the playoffs count as like 10 regular season games though? Just sayin'....

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                        Doesn't beating them there in the playoffs count as like 10 regular season games though? Just sayin'....
                        No
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

I like the hire. Much better than a coordinator with no HC experience.

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

I guess it just doesn't make sense to me at this point. I don't understand it. It baffles me besides the "grab the big shiny" theory.

I'm not real sure why people think it's easy to just keep Schwartz and everything is fine. Ryan's strength is defense. Blitzing 3-4/4-6 hybrid defense. Schwartz is wide-9 4-3 linemen supply the rush. Pettine's Ryan defense was effective (Lawson/Branch), Schwartz changed it and it worked better.
                            - so you either remove Ryan's greatest strength as a coach, or you change the Bills biggest asset and need get other players to make it work
                            -the basic diffs in philosophy will make same basic diffs in staff to apply it, Schwartz using Ryan's staff, or Rex coming without the people he's comfortable with ?

Same situationas in NY, needs an OC and a QB to make some offense.
                            -so Ryan will be dependent on his OC's choice of staff, he has to be to have a prayer of some OC saving the day. So maybe Ryan has to come here without bringing in any staff, if Schwartz keeps his and OC brings his, or he makes his OC accept his choices when he knows nothing about offense ?
                            -this means you lean on Ryan as a manager type coach, but he doesn't do offense, he only manages one side of the ball, so again you aren't using his strengths efficiently to start with
                            -Leaning so hard on OC candidate, basically puts fate in the hands of the OC candidate not Ryan to begin with

Hiring a defensive coach, considering all the above, what's any diff about hiring Schwartz, because at least you have something successful you don't need worry about and solid staff in place to keep it going. Then it rolls back into OC candidate.

I don't really hate the hire, but can't love it either. It just doesn't make sense to me, like hiring a carpenter when you have a plumbing problem, or hiring a plumber to fix your car. It's not the plumber or carpenter, but the context of hiring them.

I dunno. I just find it weird and can't imagine why Rex is buying into it, or what the whole of the FO is thinking.

Comment

• Dr. Who
                              • Jul 2002

Bradham and Hughes thrived with Schwartz's system. I hope we keep the current defense.

I was surprised by the hire, but you can't say OBD didn't bring a lot of people in.
                              Whatever was said, Rex came across as the best choice.
                              I'd rather think positive. Anyone who would rather look for the dark cloud can go read Rodak's tweets.
                              He is always looking for the most negative way to put things.

Comment

Working...
                              X