Peyton Manning is about done. How far behind is Brady?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Peyton Manning is about done. How far behind is Brady?

In the Colts game, you see he just doesn't have the deep ball accuracy any more. And I believe Brady is only one year younger.

I can believe one day this off season Whaley gets a call from Elway- "Manning is available, your 2nd round pick and next 3 first round picks."
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Re: Peyton Manning is about done. How far behind is Brady?

3 1sts and a 2nd for a year, maybe two of Manning who is clearly in decline?

I'd give up a high pick or two, not four of them.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• pmoon6
      Legendary Zoner
      • Dec 2002

I wouldn't even sign a soon to be 39 year old QB as a free agent.

Comment

• Crisis
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
        I wouldn't even sign a soon to be 39 year old QB as a free agent.
        Can do a lot worse with stop-gap options than Peyton Manning, even at 39. You'd rather have Sanchez or whoever else for a year or Peyton?

Comment

• The Jokeman
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Crisis View Post
          Can do a lot worse with stop-gap options than Peyton Manning, even at 39. You'd rather have Sanchez or whoever else for a year or Peyton?
          Peyton would never come here so why bother wasting bandwidth talking about it?

Comment

• Crisis
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
            Peyton would never come here so why bother wasting bandwidth talking about it?
            Because the notion that WE would turn down a 39 year old Manning on this current roster is absurd.

Comment

• pmoon6
              Legendary Zoner
              • Dec 2002

The point is moot anyway since Manning is under contract, but he showed the diminishing skills of an aging QB today. It's a new day in Buffalo, you can draft a QB and don't need a stopgap although it wouldn't surprise me to see us sign Dirty Sanchez.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Peyton looked bad tonight. I bet next years his last.

Comment

• pmoon6
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Dec 2002

Because the notion that WE would turn down a 39 year old Manning on this current roster is absurd.
                  Then call me "absurd" because he looked like Kyle Orton today.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                    • Dec 2003

It depends, if you feel Peyton could win us a Super Bowl then yes I'm all about getting him. Yet he's a $19m cap hit which would kill any chance of us re-signing Hughes and not sure we have the offensive line to protect him or if he has the arm strength to play in Buffalo's winds come playoff time. As great as Peyton has been he hasn't been great the last 7 weeks. Of course it's debatable if it's him or the Broncos decided to rely more on their running game more. I'm not sure the Bills are the current version of Peyton Manning away from winning it all so I'd pass.
                    Last edited by The Jokeman; 01-11-2015, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• Crisis
                      • Aug 2004

Hughes is gone either way. The difference between Manning and Orton would make us legit contenders. He'd probably end up choking in the playoffs again but it's more than worth the shot considering it's been 16 years since we've even sniffed the playoffs.

It doesn't really matter though because there's 0.01% chance Manning is on this roster next year. He was bad down the stretch this year but he still threw 39 TDs... you can't tell me the difference between Manning and Orton/EJ isn't the 1-2 games needed to push us into a playoff spot though. I'd take him in a heartbeat. We're not exactly in the position to be picky.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                        The point is moot anyway since Manning is under contract, but he showed the diminishing skills of an aging QB today. It's a new day in Buffalo, you can draft a QB and don't need a stopgap although it wouldn't surprise me to see us sign Dirty Sanchez.
                        Sanchez would alienate fans too much, I think we re-sign Hughes and go hard after Iupati and Charles Clay and then bring in Blaine Gabbert and/or Colt McCoy might be wiser investments.

Comment

• pmoon6
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                          Sanchez would alienate fans too much, I think we re-sign Hughes and go hard after Iupati and Charles Clay and then bring in Blaine Gabbert and/or Colt McCoy might be wiser investments.
                          I wouldn't like a Sanchez signing either, but he has a history with Rexy. I'm with you on other options, but like I said, it wouldn't surprise.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

Hughes is gone either way. The difference between Manning and Orton would make us legit contenders. He'd probably end up choking in the playoffs again but it's more than worth the shot considering it's been 16 years since we've even sniffed the playoffs.

It doesn't really matter though because there's 0.01% chance Manning is on this roster next year. He was bad down the stretch this year but he still threw 39 TDs... you can't tell me the difference between Manning and Orton/EJ isn't the 1-2 games needed to push us into a playoff spot though. I'd take him in a heartbeat. We're not exactly in the position to be picky.
                            I don't think Peyton wants to tarnish his image and go to another team, he's either a Bronco next year or hangs them up.

Comment

• pmoon6
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Dec 2002

If it WAS possible, Manning in a Bills' uniform would remind me of Unitas in a Charger uni or Namath in a Rams.

Comment

Working...
                              X