Should The Patriots Be Disqualified From The Super Bowl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spartacus
    • Mar 2003

Re: Should The Patriots Be Disqualified From The Super Bowl?

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
    Yeah, it is. An unplayable ball doesn't conform to the rules.
    But a ball that doesn't conform to the rules is not necessarily unplayable.

And the balls were perfectly playable. It wasn't the Pats (who were the ones using the balls) that complained.

They provided balls that conformed when they were supposed to. After that, the balls are the LEAGUE'S responsibility. The problem arose WHILE the balls were in league custody, so why is it the Pats fault?

Seriously, you guys are getting nuttier and nuttier.

Do you guys know how creepy you're starting to sound? Have you not noticed how more and more desperate you've become to try to find SOME legitimate reason to justify this crap?

You ****ed up.

Get over it and move on.

Like I said, this amount of whining about the Pats from fans of a team that is a league wide symbol of stupidity is unseemly.

Makes me embarrassed to be a Bills fan.
    My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
      Making Spirits Bright
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
      Define unplayable then.

They provided balls that conformed when they were supposed to. After that, the balls are the LEAGUE'S responsibility. The problem arose WHILE the balls were in league custody, so why is it the Pats fault?
      "We never got caught, so it's OK."

- Every cheater ever

Are you gonna be OK? We never meant for you to get so emotional.

Comment

• feldspar
        • Mar 2007

And the balls were perfectly playable. It wasn't the Pats (who were the ones using the balls) that complained.

Your just making this up as you go along, admit it to yourself.

You don't know what actually happened to explain why the balls were deflated. Try to bend the meaning of words to fit whatever notions you have all you want..."it all depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is." I think the rule is pretty clear.

Always trying to find the loophole, aren't you?

Seriously, you guys are getting nuttier and nuttier.

Do you guys know how creepy you're starting to sound? Have you not noticed how more and more desperate you've become to try to find SOME legitimate reason to justify this crap?
        The same could be easily said of yourself. You seem a little more obsessed with the subject than just about anyone here...who has posted more about it than you?

AND you don't know exactly what happened as to WHY the balls were underinflated, again.

Talk about desperate...saying things that suggest you are always right, and therefore right this time. Jesus Christ comparisons to yourself. Putting down Americans. C'mon, Sparky.

You ****ed up.

Get over it and move on.
        ****ed up how? What exactly happened to explain the underinflated balls and provide proof, not just speculation. Because that's what we are talking about here. You can't do that, and you know it.

It looks bad. Breaking the rules is bad...oh, I forgot that you don't feel that way. Well, others DO feel that way. And IF (and I repeat IF) the rules were broken, then punishments are in line. If you agree or disagree, then that's your OPINION. If you disagree, then what's the point of having rules? Right now, you are like a lawyer trying to get your client off on a technicality or loophole.

Here is what Tom Brady told Peter King right before the 2006 season:

"I can tell you there’ve been nights before road games when I have had trouble sleeping because I’m thinking about what kind of footballs I’ll be throwing the next day."

Like I said, this amount of whining about the Pats from fans of a team that is a league wide symbol of stupidity is unseemly.

Like I said, you don't know what happened anymore than anyone else does at this point. Again, like I said, you are acting like a lawyer trying to get his client off on a technicality or loophole.

Stop being a Bills fan if you are so embarrassed. It won't be the first time you've "switched allegiances," will it? The answer is no, it won't.

Can't wait to see how you'll troll the board and harass the REAL Bills fans about Rex Ryan going into next year.
        Last edited by feldspar; 01-29-2015, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Spartacus
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
          Define unplayable then.

"We never got caught, so it's OK."

- Every cheater ever

Are you gonna be OK? We never meant for you to get so emotional.
          1. There are several fine dictionaries on-line.

2. "We all know the ni&&er raped and murdered that white girl!' ~ Every lynch mob ever...

3. Intentional stupidity in the service of the tribe bothers me, I admit it.
          My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Spartacus
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
            Your just making this up as you go along, admit it to yourself.

You don't know what actually happened to explain why the balls were deflated. Try to bend the meaning of words to fit whatever notions you have all you want..."it all depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is." I think the rule is pretty clear.

Always trying to find the loophole, aren't you?
            Translation? - "Why won't you let me win?"

I feel your pain...
            My tebya razdavim

Comment

• upstart
              Sir Osis of Liver
              • Sep 2006

"I can tell you there’ve been nights before road games when I have had trouble sleeping because I’m thinking about what kind of footballs I’ll be throwing the next day."

LOL

I'm guessing he's talking about his game. Not about 'what kind of footballs' he's using.

Give it a rest and stop cherry picking quotes from 8 years ago.
              The NFL forgot the main component of any business model, the customer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              The ONLY reason to oppose Voter ID laws is to endorse Vote Fraud.

Comment

• feldspar
                • Mar 2007

Translation? - "Why won't you let me win?"

I feel your pain...
                Soundbytes.

Typical.

What an utter hard-on you truly are.

Comment

• feldspar
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by upstart View Post

LOL

I'm guessing he's talking about his game. Not about 'what kind of footballs' he's using.
                  No, dude.

He's talking about what kind of footballs he's using without a doubt. Kept him up at nights, apparently. He REALLY cares about that...not damning evidence by any measure. Just found it interesting. I always read Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback.

Here is some more to put the quote in context:

"Brady had been bothered by the inconsistent feel of footballs from game to game. The pre-2006 rule called for 36 official balls, manufactured by Wilson, to be provided to the home team for each outdoor game and 24 for each indoor game, the balls to be available for testing with a pressure gauge by officials two hours before kickoff. The home team and the officials had the option to use league-approved products supplied by Wilson (a bristle brush, a tack cloth and a semihard spongy cube) to rub down the game balls and remove the waxy, slippery sheen that they have when they come out of the box. A few quarterbacks preferred the balls to feel nearly new. Most, like Brady and Manning, want that sheen rubbed off so they can get a better grip and give the ball a broken-in feel.

“Imagine,” Brady told me at the time, “if Derek Jeter were handed a brand-new glove just before the start of every game. Baseball players break in their gloves until they feel perfect to them. It’s ridiculous to [be forced to] play with new footballs. I can tell you there’ve been nights before road games when I have had trouble sleeping because I’m thinking about what kind of footballs I’ll be throwing the next day.

So after the 2005 season, while having dinner together in Miami Beach, Brady and Manning decided to approach their fellow quarterbacks about petitioning the NFL competition committee to change the rule. Brady proposed that the visiting team have access to a certain number of the allotted game balls—the number turned out to be 12—so it could prepare them the way it wanted; those balls would be stamped with the visiting team’s name and kept on the visitors’ sideline for use when that team was on offense. The remainder of the balls would be prepared by the hosts to their liking, 12 kept on the sideline for use on their drives and the other dozen in reserve in case bad weather created the need for additional balls. The competition committee approved the plan the next month, and it’s been that way ever since.

Comment

• Mace
                    Haha...yeah you think so ?
                    • Mar 2013

Assuming for a minute this is serious, you can't disqualify them for marginally underinflated balls even if they did it, it's silly, and as an organiization nothing has even been proven yet. If guilty it costs them a draft pick and a fine, but we're talking marginally underinflated balls, not kneecapping players, poisoning gatorade or rooftop snipers with tranquilizing darts

The Colts were just not an underinflated ball or 10 to being close to competing with them unless they cheated better, and far more comprehensively, and I don't think anyone wants that.

Make sure no one cheats in the Super Bowl. Those are the two best teams and Seattle wins a second no matter. If they don't, it's not going to be because of underinflated balls.

I really really dislike the Pats. But they're a really good team I'd rather have us knock off their pedestal. Teams beat them despite their shenanigans. If we can do it twice a year, who cares what they're doing until they get caught.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to remember the Pats for cheating, I'll remember them for Belichick making us look stupid. So if there is a gripe about them getting there, we can fix that by not letting them, as we once used to, along with Marino and the Dolphins, who were once commonly assumed to be cheating because they regularly beat us like a drum.

Move along and let Seattle beat them. Penalize them if they did something as an organization. Boo hiss, Indy still is not the AFC best, and Baltimore sure isn't, so...

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                      Making Spirits Bright
                      • Mar 2006

1. There are several fine dictionaries on-line.
                      Ok, a beach ball is playable. I wonder what air pressure Tom Brady likes his beach balls. Probably less than regulation I'm sure.

2. "We all know the ni&&er raped and murdered that white girl!' ~ Every lynch mob ever...
                      Right, same thing...

3. Intentional stupidity in the service of the tribe bothers me, I admit it.
                      Are you going to be OK? You should tell your shrink how it feels when people accuse your favorite team of cheating. Maybe she can suggest a pill or something.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by upstart View Post

LOL

Give it a rest and stop cherry picking quotes from 8 years ago.
                        Talk about a reach.

Brady did not say he was thinking about the throws he would be making the next day, he said he was thinking about what kind of FOOTBALLS he would be throwing the next day.

In other words, would the footballs be too inflated or slick for his liking?

And give it a rest? LOL.

It has only just begun. Wait until the investigation is concluded.

Comment

• Spartacus
                          • Mar 2003

Ok, a beach ball is playable.
                          Not if you want to play football...

Right, same thing...
                          A lynch mob is a lynch mob, whether you're stringing up a black man or the Patriots...

Are you going to be OK? You should tell your shrink how it feels when people accuse your favorite team of cheating. Maybe she can suggest a pill or something.
                          The simple fact is that if one is nicer, more reasonable and more intelligent than the majority, then most people will be meaner, less reasonable and stupider than you are. I learned to deal with this a long time ago.
                          My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

I'm hoping Tom Brady runs the ball "himself" without the slide and not out of bounds at least 3 times, that would make things right for me.

28 **60 **128 **133 **144 **160
                            163 **189 **200 **204 **248

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                              Making Spirits Bright
                              • Mar 2006

Not if you want to play football...
                              So you say that a ball that doesn't conform to the rules is not necessarily playable, then you say you can't play with a beach ball. Where do you draw the line? Can you explain yourself here or are you just making stuff up again?

The simple fact is that if one is nicer, more reasonable and more intelligent than the majority, then most people will be meaner, less reasonable and stupider than you are. I learned to deal with this a long time ago.
                              Well I'm glad you're OK. Wouldn't want to hurt that ego.

Comment

• Spartacus
                                • Mar 2003

So you say that a ball that doesn't conform to the rules is not necessarily playable, then you say you can't play with a beach ball. Where do you draw the line? Can you explain yourself here or are you just making stuff up again?
                                You have it ass backwards. I'm saying that a ball that doesn't conform to the rules is not necessarily UNplayable. And I draw the line at balls that aren't footballs. A beach ball is not a football.

I eagerly await your next inane quibble...

Well I'm glad you're OK. Wouldn't want to hurt that ego.
                                Don't worry your pretty little head about it.

I've been called worse things by better people.
                                My tebya razdavim

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡