• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: Marcia Brady press conference @ 4:15

Cool it boys. Heated debate is one thing. No more personal attacks.

Comment

• cookie G
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
      So when it cooled, the ball would be softer.

Duh.

There is a rule about minimum psi when the balls are handed over.

There is no rule about minimum psi after the game is over.

Man, I thought you guys embarrassed yourselves beyond belief with Spygate, but this takes the cake.
      Good answer..the one I expected...we'll go with that.

So..someone with the Pats (a junior ballboy, I'm sure), purposefully used higher temperature air to inflate the footballs...knowing that the colder temps would decrease the pressure on the field.

A premeditated plan to reach a desired effect. And it worked, apparently. OK...pushes the rule, but doesn't necessarily break it.

Now, let's move ahead to yesterday's awesome press conferences.

Bill, do you know what happened?

-"Nah, I didn't know anything about anything until Monday morning. This isn't an area I get into, footballs and all that...so I really wouldn't know...let's go ask Tom!"

Tom, do you know how the footballs lost pressure?

-Nah, I have NOooooo idea!!! Hell, I didn't even notice it when we were playing...were they deflated? Good question, sure hope the NFL gets to the bottom of this.

Under your theory, one of the two, or both, would have known all along, since this was their own plan.

According to them..both knew nothing.

If what you are saying is true, why should anyone believe them?

Comment

• Strongman
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by cookie G View Post

So..someone with the Pats (a junior ballboy, I'm sure), purposefully used higher temperature air to inflate the footballs...knowing that the colder temps would decrease the pressure on the field.

A premeditated plan to reach a desired effect. And it worked, apparently. OK...pushes the rule, but doesn't necessarily break it.

-"Nah, I didn't know anything about anything until Monday morning. This isn't an area I get into, footballs and all that...so I really wouldn't know...let's go ask Tom!"

-Nah, I have NOooooo idea!!! Hell, I didn't even notice it when we were playing...were they deflated? Good question, sure hope the NFL gets to the bottom of this.

Under your theory, one of the two, or both, would have known all along, since this was their own plan.

I believe the balls are shipped from Wilson already inflated to within the proper NFL psi specifications.

It would only work if they completely deflated the ball and re-inflated it with air at the required temperature. In my mind, that's premeditated, very intentional, and the NFL should look at it as cheating.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Strongman View Post
          I believe the balls are shipped from Wilson already inflated to within the proper NFL psi specifications.

It would only work if they completely deflated the ball and re-inflated it with air at the required temperature. In my mind, that's premeditated, very intentional, and the NFL should look at it as cheating.
          Well, I highly doubt the footballs were filled with HOT air.

I believe they were filled under normal conditions & air was let out by someone associated with the CHEATERS.

Now Belicheat & Brady? I believe both of them are full of HOT AIR.

Comment

• Strongman
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by better days View Post

I believe they were filled under normal conditions & air was let out by someone associated with the CHEATERS.

Now Belicheat & Brady? I believe both of them are full of HOT AIR.
            I agree that someone simply letting the air out is most likely to have happened. The hot air theory floating around (pun intended) just seems overly complicated. Other than those possibilities, the only other explanation is the balls were switched out. Now granted, the balls are marked by the refs, but I'm sure it would occur to someone to keep the balls from a previous game that were marked by the same official.

Comment

• upstart
              Sir Osis of Liver
              • Sep 2006

The media knows it too...that's what made it so funny to watch.

-Tom, they stopped the game for about a minute and changed the footballs...and no one told you why?

-Tom, you said you like the football at 12.5...that's the "feel' for you, but you couldn't tell a difference when the pressure decreased 15%?

-Tom, baseball players comment that they can tell the difference when a bat is a 1/2 oz. lighter or heavier..but you couldn't note a change in feel on the ball?

Pats fans will believe this crap...the rest of the world doesnt.
              I don't care if a member of the Pats let some air out of the footballs, its a $25,000 fine- big deal.... So Mr Kraft send the League a check for $25G's and tell them to STFU.

End of story.
              The NFL forgot the main component of any business model, the customer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              The ONLY reason to oppose Voter ID laws is to endorse Vote Fraud.

Comment

• Spartacus
                • Mar 2003

A premeditated plan to reach a desired effect. And it worked, apparently.
                Of course it worked, it's physics. Something smart people know - like videotape means you don't have to take notes.

OK...pushes the rule, but doesn't necessarily break it.
                It doesn't "push" the rule either. It merely does not break any written rule, and I doubt the rulebook has a section about being a smarty-pants. This, like Spygate, is the stupid majority of the NFL and it's fanbase trying to use a niggling accusation about an irrelevant situation to try to tarnish the Pats success, and thus excuse their own failure.

Not necessarily. "Who will rid me of this troublesome priest?" = "I like my footballs as soft as possible. Why can't the NFL let us use softer footballs? Makes for a better game!".

Always the possibility of a bright young boy coming up with a good idea. Plus, we still haven't addressed the very real possibility it could have been a third party that ****ed with the footballs, if in fact they were actually ****ed with. Or, as I said, it could have been operatives working for Roger Goodell.

Maybe they'll take a polygraph. A waterboard would get the truth out of them.

I hate to be dreary, but this is a logical fallacy that goes "Just because I can't think of another scenario, I must believe this one."

There are oother possibilities than Belichek and Brady coercing some frightened ball boy into screwing with all the footballs after they've been sequestered.
                Last edited by CommissarSpartacus; 01-23-2015, 07:26 PM.
                My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Spartacus
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
                  Why? It's simple to do and isn't breaking any rule.
                  My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                    Every QB tells the equipment manager how they want the ball prepared. The inflation is only a part of the process. The real prep for a QB is in how they want the ball scuffed. Usually a QB will hold everyone of the game balls late in the week (I think Brady said Thursday in his PC) and will make sure the scuff is right for his grip to ensure he can deliver the ball the best.

There are some QB's who prefer over inflated balls like Aaron Rodgers;
                    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-overinflated/
                    Then Rodgers and the Packers cheat just as much, don't they?

Where's the big uproar about them in all of this?

If the QB likes the ball to be over-inflated above the rules because of the feel it's just as much of a competitive advantage as another QB who likes the ball to be under-inflated because of the feel, right?

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                      Making Spirits Bright
                      • Mar 2006

Of course it worked, it's physics. Something smart people know
                      OK, professor. How long do you think it would take for the football to get back to room temperature after being inflated with hot air? A few minutes? You think the equipment guy can inflate 12 footballs with hot air, get them over to the refs, and have the refs measure the pressure in time for it to make any difference?

I'm just asking because you're so smart, Smarticus. You must have taken Thermal Transfer courses in college.

Comment

• Spartacus
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                        OK, professor. How long do you think it would take for the football to get back to room temperature after being inflated with hot air? A few minutes? You think the equipment guy can inflate 12 footballs with hot air, get them over to the refs, and have the refs measure the pressure in time for it to make any difference?
                        It'd be easy.

For someone with a brain.

It's only math...
                        My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                          Making Spirits Bright
                          • Mar 2006

It'd be easy.

For someone with a brain.

It's only math...
                          So do the math.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Why? It's simple to do and isn't breaking any rule.
                            Well, that is EXACTLY why the Pats* didn't do that.

In the PC both Belicheat & Brady addressed the deflated football issue. They would/could have said, well maybe the balls were filled with hot air & with the cold weather the psi decreased.

But NEITHER of them said that.

The Patriots* have cultivated a culture of CHEATING & no matter what they say or do forever more, The Patriots* will be known as CHEATERS, NOT a dynasty.
                            Last edited by better days; 01-23-2015, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• Spartacus
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                              So do the math.
                              You need to know how long it takes from the time the balls are filled to the time they're tested and the ambient temperature in the room where they test them.

You can then do your own test to see how much the balls deflate, then add the appropriate extra amount of air so it's at 12.5 when tested.

Use your head...
                              My tebya razdavim

Comment

• upstart
                                Sir Osis of Liver
                                • Sep 2006

The Pats have *****ed slapped the teams in the NFL for over 14 years. For the last decade the Bills have had NO balls when playing my Pats.

You should kiss Patriot ass and end the childish hate.
                                The NFL forgot the main component of any business model, the customer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                The ONLY reason to oppose Voter ID laws is to endorse Vote Fraud.

Comment

Working...
                                X