• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: Amazing fumble stats on the Cheaters

Originally posted by Strongman View Post
    In 2006, Manning and Brady lobbied the NFL to allow QBs to bring and use their footballs at away games. In 2007, Brady went from being a good QB to an amazing QB. I think this is because he was now using his doctored footballs at both AND away games. Previous to this, I'm guessing he just used them at homes games.
    I would almost doubt that he deflated the balls previous to this new rule that he lobbied for. If that were the case, then the away team would have deflated balls too, which wouldn't yield an advantage. Unless somehow they were able to keep the 12 of their balls separate from the 12 of their opponents. I guess they could do that, if any team could it would be the Deflatriots.

Comment

• Strongman
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
      I would almost doubt that he deflated the balls previous to this new rule that he lobbied for. If that were the case, then the away team would have deflated balls too, which wouldn't yield an advantage. Unless somehow they were able to keep the 12 of their balls separate from the 12 of their opponents. I guess they could do that, if any team could it would be the Deflatriots.
      That's a REALLY good point. You are probably right that they wouldn't chance that.

So basically it is starting to look like their wins are the result from changing from one cheating system up to 2006 (Spygate) to another in 2007 and beyond (Deflategate).
      Last edited by Strongman; 01-23-2015, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

That's a REALLY good point. You are probably right that they wouldn't chance that.

So basically it is starting to look like their wins are the result from changing from one cheating system up to 2006 (Spygate) to another in 2007 and beyond (Deflategate).
        Tom Brady

2006 Stats - 3529 YDS 24 TDS 12 INTS
        2007 Stats - 4806 YDS 50 TDS 8 INTS

**** this guy so much.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

when you have outliers like this and their times they beat the spread when playing at home, it usually means they are doing something no one else is doing.

What is so pathetic to me is that "journalists" aren't writing these stories. it's bloggers. and these numbers take away the "they hate us because they ain't us" defense by patriot fans. these are damning numbers that require explanation. and the "journalist" are writing puff pieces and letting belichick and brady off the hook with simple press conferences without items like these to say, "these are the figures, how can you explain it. it can't be blind luck. do you think under inflating the balls gives you a big advantage"

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

one other point, remember that one of those fumbles last year was the pats running back just letting go of the ball because he was making a cut against the bills. and he got benched.

Comment

• imbondz
              Democrats are people too
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
              Tom Brady

2006 Stats - 3529 YDS 24 TDS 12 INTS
              2007 Stats - 4806 YDS 50 TDS 8 INTS

**** this guy so much.

Lol. What are a manning stats during that same period?
              My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                Making Spirits Bright
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by imbondz View Post

Peyton Manning

2006 Stats - 4397 YDS 31 TDS 9 INTS
                2007 Stats - 4040 YDS 31 TDS 14 INTS

Manning has been pretty consistent during his career with the Colts, usually hovering around 4200 YDs plus or minus a couple hundred and 26-33 TDs, except in 2004 when he had 49 TDs. His stats exploded when he got to Denver, obviously.

Comment

• Strongman
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
                  Peyton Manning

2006 4397 YDS 31 TDS 9 INT
                  2007 4040 YDS 31 TDS 14 INT

Comment

• Lucidvizion
                    Surfing on the Edge of Infinity
                    • Feb 2005

They should kick the Patriots out of the NFL and create a new expansion team. I'm completely disgusted.

Comment

• Strongman
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Lucidvizion View Post
                      They should kick the Patriots out of the NFL and create a new expansion team. I'm completely disgusted.
                      I'd rather see Kraft be forced to sell his team, give him back his original investment minus whatever fines he should pay, and the rest of the money used to reimburse the fans of other teams.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                        • Sep 2003

I'd rather see Kraft be forced to sell his team, give him back his original investment minus whatever fines he should pay, and the rest of the money used to reimburse the fans of other teams.
                        Kraft is the Emperor and Belichick Darth Vader. Tom Brady is just Darth Maul waiting to be cut in half.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                          Dances With Buffaloes
                          • Sep 2002

fantastic statistical analysis.
                          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Gibby
                            Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
                            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Lucidvizion View Post
                            Move the Rams to L.A and move the Cheaties to St. Louis and call them the Stallions, and make those blue and red seats at the Ed make sense.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

A law firm with their eyes on getting 'on the map' could get some decent pub with a class action lawsuit against the NFL.

Hit the league where it hurts...in the pocket book. Reimbursement for public funds poured into stadiums over the years, fraud, the threat against their anti-trust status...
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• trapezeus
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                                A law firm with their eyes on getting 'on the map' could get some decent pub with a class action lawsuit against the NFL.

Hit the league where it hurts...in the pocket book. Reimbursement for public funds poured into stadiums over the years, fraud, the threat against their anti-trust status...
                                i suspect the legal team of the NFL is ready to take this on and dismiss it immediately, but it would be awesome. i'd sign on. i can calculate my season ticket purchases, souveniers, etc, get a cost i paid expecting fair football to only be handed the WWE. i'd be ready to sign right now for 75% of that cost.

Comment

Working...
                                X