Thread: Otters partner with Biron, academy of hockey!

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Otters partner with Biron, academy of hockey!

There is no denying the mutual admiration that exists between the Buffalo Sabres and the Erie Otters.

The 30th place Sabres would no doubt love to get their mitts on Connor McDavid at the June Entry Draft. Heck, the Sabres and Otters partnered to have McDavid and his boys play inside the Buffalo arena back in October.

Last week, I reported in this space that former Sabres goaltender Marty Biron was working as a consultant with Erie's goalies.

Today comes news that the Sabres and their Academy of Hockey have partnered with the Otters for goalie coaching.

Here's the team's release:
    The Erie Otters announce that they have partnered with The Academy of Hockey out of Buffalo, New York, as the team’s goaltending consultant led by former NHL goaltender Martin Biron.

“Our mission at The Academy of Hockey is to provide the dedicated hockey player with a structured program that encourages and motivates them to reach their highest potential,” said Kevyn Adams, Vice President and Director of The Academy of Hockey. "This opportunity and outreach to the Erie Otters of the Ontario Hockey League is just another step in our goal of becoming a premier global development destination for hockey players and coaches. Over the last 12 months our staff has worked with hundreds of players from the professional to youth levels, offering a wide range of services that help take their game to the next level. Martin Biron and The Academy staff are excited to partner with the Erie Otters team, and look forward to working closely with a talented group of goaltenders.”

The partnership with The Academy of Hockey will tutor the Erie Otters goaltenders with on-ice sessions, in Erie and at the HarborCenter in Buffalo, as well as video sessions for the remainder of the season.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/GARTHS-CORNER/Erie-Otters-Partner-With-Biron-Academy-Of-Hockey/6/65771

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,515 Times in 4,889 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Otters partner with Biron, academy of hockey!

Maybe that can help Erie. If the Otters have a weakness, it's in goal. Their #1 is vexing, to say the least...and their backup is relatively new.
    "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21