Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On ESPN News now Belicheat news conference

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: On ESPN News now Belicheat news conference

Quote Originally Posted by chris66 View Post
    It doesnt make sense to lie. Goodell hates him. If he lies and gets caught the punishment is going to be 10 x worse.
    Are you actually saying Belicheat doesn't have an incentive to lie?

Belicheats latest press conference is nothing more than an attempt to subterfuge everything. He's passing the buck on to either the officials or a lower level "rogue" employee.

The funny thing is unless this ref or employee worked every Patriots** game since 2007, nobody will believe it.

2. Post thanked by:

better days (01-24-2015),Novacane (01-25-2015),YardRat (01-24-2015)

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,515 Times in 4,889 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Wow...unbelievable. Well, maybe not so much...the couple of Pats fans that have posted have the same 'who cares', arrogant, above-the-law attitude. These are my favorite gems...

"Never mind that the Patriots may have been deliberately skirting the rules...ratting out the Patriots was the far bigger crime".

"But Harbaugh and Pagano just may have nuked their relationship with the Patriots. Ask Eric Mangini what happens when you cross Belichick. He was kicked out of the family and is no longer on speaking terms."

**** You, capital F, capital Y.
    I have a much better way to say it: F YOU IN THE NECK, MF'ER!
    "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21

4. Post thanked by:

YardRat (01-24-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post

Belicheats latest press conference is nothing more than an attempt to subterfuge everything. He's passing the buck on to either the officials or a lower level "rogue" employee.

The funny thing is unless this ref or employee worked every Patriots** game since 2007, nobody will believe it.
    I dont see the incetive in this one. risk is to big especially after the year the nfl has had

Add the fact that many Qb's have come out and said the hc would have nothing to do with the ball.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I find it interesting Belicheat had another PC about this so soon after the last one.

Wait until next week when the press is out in full force.

After having time to study what Belicheat & Brady said about deflate gate, I expect the press to grill them both

7. Post thanked by:

Strongman (01-24-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    I find it interesting Belicheat had another PC about this so soon after the last one.

Wait until next week when the press is out in full force.

After having time to study what Belicheat & Brady said about deflate gate, I expect the press to grill them both
    Outside of New England, nobody believes Belicheat and Brady. What we saw from Belicheat today was PR crisis mangement 101 trying to avert the crisis they are in. I'm sure the NFL is panicking now also.

The best part about this is the longer this gets dragged out, the more time sport analytic bloggers and web denizens have to poke holes in Belicheat's story.

9. Post thanked by:

better days (01-25-2015)

Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,531 Times in 3,994 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I hope this has Hall of Fame implications for both.

Patti
    Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

11. Post thanked by:

better days (01-25-2015),Meathead (01-25-2015),Novacane (01-25-2015),YardRat (01-25-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Did anyone notice on Thursday, Belicheat said, "Obviously with our footballs being inflated to the 12.5-pound range, any deflation would then take us under that specification limit. Knowing that now, in the future we will certainly inflate the footballs above that low level to account for any possible change during the game.”

But on Saturday, he said something a little different:

On Saturday, Belichick said the officials, and not the team, inflates the footballs.

“When the footballs are delivered to the officials’ locker room, the officials were asked to inflate them to 12.5 PSI. What exactly they did, I don’t know. But for the purposes of our study, that’s what we did. We set them at 12.5. That’s at the discretion of the official, though. Regardless of what we ask for, it’s the official’s discretion to put them where he wants.”

Now up until Saturday's presser, everything on the web and the various news reports suggested that the teams fill their game balls and hand it over to the officials to check, and then the teams get their balls back before the game.

Something doesn't seem right.

Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,531 Times in 3,994 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Here's a replay, in case anyone missed BeliCheat's second press conference:

Patti

14. Post thanked by:

Skooby (01-25-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Outside of New England, nobody believes Belicheat and Brady. What we saw from Belicheat today was PR crisis mangement 101 trying to avert the crisis they are in. I'm sure the NFL is panicking now also.

The best part about this is the longer this gets dragged out, the more time sport analytic bloggers and web denizens have to poke holes in Belicheat's story.
    The longer this drags out the more likely it is to be sweep under the rug with a slap on the wrist. Didn't the Ray Rice scandal show us anything? Where is all that outrage that we had with the TMZ video first showed up? People were calling for Goodell's job, it was on every front page, on every talk show. The NFL distracted everyone with their song and dance. "A thorough, transparent, independent, investigation" they promised. All to buy time for the mob to disburse. The one day you see on page 6 in the lower left corner " NFL cleared of an wrong doing". Get ready people, next week your going to hear "A thorough, transparent, independent, investigation" a lot. That will get us through till the end of the season and someday mid-May you'll read page 6, lower left, "the Pats getting a slap on the wrist." And that will be the end of it.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,393 Times in 7,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chris66 View Post
    It doesnt make sense to lie. Goodell hates him. If he lies and gets caught the punishment is going to be 10 x worse.

Are you being a homer or are you really this stupid?

17. Post thanked by:

better days (01-25-2015)