Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Colts linebacker..

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,936 Times in 13,288 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Colts linebacker..

The Colts linebacker that everyone reported as the guy who noticed the under-inflated footballs has DENIED that he did it. He said he wouldn't know the difference.

So, do any of the hanging judges out there know how and by who this situation was reported to the person who notified the officials?

Thanks...

http://www.news.nom.co/colts-linebac...14972557-news/

NEWS: COLTS LINEBACKER D'QWELL JACKSON DENIES SAYING INTERCEPTED BALL FROM PATRIOTS TOM BRADY FELT UNDERINFLATED AS PRESSURE MOUNTS FOR NFL TO EXPLAIN DEFLATEGATE SCANDAL

New questions have arisen in the Deflategate scandal now that Indianapolis Colts linebacker D'Qwell Jackson has denied that a ball he intercepted from Tom Brady during Sunday's game felt underinflated.
    My tebya razdavim

2. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 30,561 Times in 17,445 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The Colts linebacker..

I don't recall any reports saying Jackson was the one that noticed. Maybe I missed it or forgot, but everything I recall seeing stated it was discovered after Jackson turned the ball over on the sideline after the pick. Pretty sure it was reported a few days ago that Jackson stated he 'wasn't a whistleblower'.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What's your point?

Are you saying the balls were not under-inflated? Who cares who ratted them out. The facts are the facts. And that chart that shows that the Pats are the off the charts leaders in the fewest lost fumbles category is as damning a statistic as you could invent if you were writing a novel about this.

They had means, motive. Once they figure out where opportunity came in--case closed.

5. Post thanked by:

coastal (01-25-2015),Lucidvizion (01-24-2015),Meathead (01-26-2015),Novacane (01-25-2015),Strongman (01-25-2015),YardRat (01-24-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,351 Times in 2,084 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    The Colts linebacker that everyone reported as the guy who noticed the under-inflated footballs has DENIED that he did it. He said he wouldn't know the difference.

So, do any of the hanging judges out there know how and by who this situation was reported to the person who notified the officials?

Thanks...

NEWS: COLTS LINEBACKER D'QWELL JACKSON DENIES SAYING INTERCEPTED BALL FROM PATRIOTS TOM BRADY FELT UNDERINFLATED AS PRESSURE MOUNTS FOR NFL TO EXPLAIN DEFLATEGATE SCANDAL

New questions have arisen in the Deflategate scandal now that Indianapolis Colts linebacker D'Qwell Jackson has denied that a ball he intercepted from Tom Brady during Sunday's game felt underinflated.
    i'm almost 100% certain it was a member of the colts sideline staff who noticed when jackson handed over the ball. at least that's how it was originally reported.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

7. Post thanked by:

coastal (01-25-2015)

elite QB
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The initial reports indicated that the interceptor was the one who noticed the ball felt different and reported it to a sideline coach who was going to save the ball for him. That coach then reported it further up the chain and from there it went. Interesting change of scenario.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Equipment manager maybe : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-scandal.html

As for why Jackson, and why he tossed the football he intercepted to a member of the Colts' equipment staff after he picked off Brady, he claims he just wanted a 'souvenir,' and that anything that happened after that is 'beyond' him.
    Or maybe not : http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-interception/

According to Jay Glazer of FOX Sports, the NFL already had planned to check the footballs at halftime, based on concerns previously raised by the Colts.
    Last edited by Mace; 01-24-2015 at 08:44 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So, it seems we still don't know who or why discovered this as an issue, huh?

After all this time, we still don't have an official story? Why should that take any more than a couple of phone calls? SOMEBODY alerted the officials.

As far as I can see, what we've established is 1. that the balls were lgit when turned into the NFL's custody before the game. 2. SOMEONE during the first half on the COLTS staff got his hands on a game ball and then tipped off the officials. 3. The balls were tested, the Pat's balls were 2 psi under and the Colts were compliant (although we've NEVER been told what the Colts balls tested at when they were turned in and we haven't been told what they were tested at during half-time - only that thjey were compliant.

THAT'S IT.

Everything else is pure speculation, 98% of which is driven by hatred and jealousy.

To automatically assume from just these facts that it's absurd to think anyone but the Pats are responsible is risible.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks...

Holy ****, I have some friends who are Pats fans, but even they don't like them as much as you do.

12. Post thanked by:

coastal (01-25-2015),GvilleBills (01-26-2015),harmonkoz (01-25-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah, the reports I heard never said D'Qwell Jackson was the guy who noticed the deflation, so I don't see how a denial from him changes anything. Sorry, shiv, but this one is a non-starter.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ICRockets View Post
    Yeah, the reports I heard never said D'Qwell Jackson was the guy who noticed the deflation, so I don't see how a denial from him changes anything. Sorry, shiv, but this one is a non-starter.
    Google it. It was the first explanation. Look, shouldn't we know who the guy was that held the football and said "Hey, this ball feels underinflated to me! Let's tell the refs!"

And here's another thing.

The refrs handle the balls all the time.

Why did none of them recogni2e the balls were under-inflated?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Even if somebody did report it that way, and in fact I have found a couple myself, it's a moot point...with the rush to report these days it's getting less unusual for the earliest comments to have some kind of error.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Even if somebody did report it that way, and in fact I have found a couple myself, it's a moot point...with the rush to report these days it's getting less unusual for the earliest comments to have some kind of error.
    I don't think who reported it and why are moot.

Since it wasn't the supposedly impartial officials, or a player, it had to be someone either on the Colts or Pats sidelines.

Of course, there's another party that could get the refs to geab the balls and test therm - the league office.

There's an article in one of the other threads, or maybe this one, I relied to it this morning, that identified a longtime Jets exec that went to work for the league office who has a vendetta against Belichek and the Pats, with the suggestion than he may have given the order to check the balls.

Remember, the easiest guys to set up are people that already have a sketchy history. Too many people WANT this to be true for them to admit the Pats may be being set up in some way.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think who reported it and why are moot.

Since it wasn't the supposedly impartial officials, or a player, it had to be someone either on the Colts or Pats sidelines.

Of course, there's another party that could get the refs to geab the balls and test therm - the league office.

There's an article in one of the other threads, or maybe this one, I relied to it this morning, that identified a longtime Jets exec that went to work for the league office who has a vendetta against Belichek and the Pats, with the suggestion than he may have given the order to check the balls.

Remember, the easiest guys to set up are people that already have a sketchy history. Too many people WANT this to be true for them to admit the Pats may be being set up in some way.
    My comment was in reference to the media reporting it to the public, not the participants that may have been involved in discovering the issue and reporting it to whatever authorities. Yes, those details are important.

18. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (01-26-2015)

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It was probably initially "reported" by someone on twitter who wanted to be the first to report it and it was retweeted a million times.

You know how it is, the first thing you hear is always the truth. sarcasm

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Google it. It was the first explanation. Look, shouldn't we know who the guy was that held the football and said "Hey, this ball feels underinflated to me! Let's tell the refs!"

And here's another thing.

The refrs handle the balls all the time.

Why did none of them recogni2e the balls were under-inflated?
    I don't need to google it. I remember the timeline and I've read enough about it. The initial article I read that connected D'Qwell Jackson to it all said he handed the ball to the equipment manager who passed either the ball or some information up the line to people like Colts GM Ryan Grigson. Whether or not Jackson noticed anything is completely irrelevant.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ICRockets View Post
    I don't need to google it. I remember the timeline and I've read enough about it. The initial article I read that connected D'Qwell Jackson to it all said he handed the ball to the equipment manager who passed either the ball or some information up the line to people like Colts GM Ryan Grigson. Whether or not Jackson noticed anything is completely irrelevant.
    Look, I'm not trying to pin anything on anyone, I just want to know who the person was that raised the issue.

It had to come from SOMEONE.

Who?

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

yes bc if you cant 'feel' the effects of 2 lbs less pressure on a ball then it cant possibly make any difference in fumble statistics, passing accuracy/distance, or ease of catching

nothing to see here, move along, george bush architected 9/11, the easter bunny is real
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

this is a perfect example of one of those 'you cant possibly believe that' but they do things that ppl do all the time

theres the graph right there. it shows something that appears to be humanly impossible. but yeah no lets just let them off the hook anyway. unreal

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

lets put it this way, its likelier that dummy george really did architect 9/11 than the cheaters didnt know exactly what was going on with those balls. and theres no way the dummy architected 9/11

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Now, we seem to be getting closer to the truth...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/did-nfl...051258575.html

Did NFL run sting operation on Patriots to trigger deflate-gate?

Dan Wetzel
    By Dan Wetzel 8 hours ago

Forget all about the most debated topics that have stemmed from the New England Patriots' use of deflated footballs in the AFC championship game – did Tom Brady order it, did Bill Belichick know about it, is Bill Nye the Science Guy even a scientist?

The question that has clues but no conclusion, the one that could prove to be the biggest and most historic of them all is this:

Did the NFL run a sting operation on the Patriots?

And if so, shouldn't the Indianapolis Colts, and the rest of the league, be more upset about the league's investigative tactics than anything New England has been accused of doing?

Reports have emerged during the past week that NFL teams, including the Colts, complained during the regular season and perhaps playoffs about the Patriots using underinflated footballs. Fox Sports' Jay Glazer reported that in response to those complaints, the league always planned on checking New England's footballs at halftime. ESPN's Ed Werder reiterated that suggestion on Twitter on Sunday.

When told of suspected cheating by #Pats, #NFL tried to catch them in act rather than reminding them of rules. Is something wrong with that?
    — Ed Werder (@Edwerderespn) January 25, 2015

If so then the NFL was willing to let New England use a deflated football to its advantage for the first half of a game with the Super Bowl on the line, rather than stop the contest immediately and check, or even just warn the Patriots of their concerns prior to kickoff to make sure everything was fair and square for all 60 minutes.

This would be … astounding.

...and...

Early reports suggested Indianapolis alerted the league of the issue after a second-quarter interception by D'Qwell Jackson, who gave a Patriots football to a Colts equipment man who, in turn, noticed a problem. Jackson has since told NFL.com he noticed nothing wrong. There's been no word from the equipment guy. Of course, that scenario could have happened and the NFL still could've been waiting for halftime to check the footballs. They aren't mutually exclusive.

If the NFL wanted to employ such an aggressive investigative tactic, then why wouldn't it do it earlier, such as the Patriots' pointless Week 17 game against the Buffalo Bills that they all but lost on purpose? That would've been preferable.

It's possible the NFL did that and found nothing. It's possible they did it against Baltimore in the divisional round too and found nothing. It's possible Baltimore was the first complaint and thus the AFC title game was the first chance. Who knows?

What we do know is that hanging out there, without response from the league, are multiple reports that the halftime testing was part of a strange pseudo set-up and not something that just occurred; that a league so obsessed with this particular part of maintaining competitive integrity was willing to compromise the competitive integrity of a league championship game.

Bizarre. Completely bizarre.

...more...