Merged all things Brady, cheating, bellicheat, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mightysimi
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin
    • Mar 2010

Re: Merged all things Brady, cheating, bellicheat, etc.

OK here is what I found. It is not easy to locate the NFL Game operations manual or more specifically The policy manual for member clubs Vol II: Game Operations.

This link only shows the changes that were included in the 2007 version and the page that indicates no recording can happen on the field during the game. In this there shows nothing in the changes for the 2007 policy that indicate anything to do with video so it looks like it was there before 2007.

Also in the section is a part about video recording that teams will need 4,400 tapes for the upcoming 2007 season for the NFL's recording requirements. That part stands to reason that this was at least available to the teams prior to the start of the 2007 season.

So on 9 Sep 2007 they indeed break a rule that was in place. As for the recordings earlier than that, I can't confirm when that was added so I don't have anything there.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

I already did once, apparently it was ignored or hoped to be overlooked...it's in the Constitution and Bylaws, from the merger.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Article IX, Section C, Part 14.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Spartacus
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
        I will look around but not sure I would be able to find anything either. Do you suggest that the writer of the article is lying when he said there is an article in place and that a league memo went out to teams telling them not to do what the Patriots were caught doing on Sep 9, 2007?
        At the time he wrote the article there WAS a rule in place, as there was when the Pats called out the league by sticking the camera on the sideline. That was the rule they put into place in 2006 when Mangini did his weasel routine. But there was NO RULE about it until then.
        My tebya razdavim

Comment

• mightysimi
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
          At the time he wrote the article there WAS a rule in place, as there was when the Pats called out the league by sticking the camera on the sideline. That was the rule they put into place in 2006 when Mangini did his weasel routine. But there was NO RULE about it until then.
          Right but there was a rule in 2007 and a memo sent to the teams in 2006. They were caught after that. I doesn't matter what happened before. The rule existed and they broke it knowingly.

Comment

• Spartacus
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            I already did once, apparently it was ignored or hoped to be overlooked...it's in the Constitution and Bylaws, from the merger.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Article IX, Section C, Part 14.
            Thank you for proving my point.

I'm SURE someone as astute as yourself couldn't fail to notice the title page where it said "Rev, 2006."

The Mangini Rule...
            My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Spartacus
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
              Right but there was a rule in 2007 and a memo sent to the teams in 2006. They were caught after that. I doesn't matter what happened before. The rule existed and they broke it knowingly.
              I knew I shouldn't have wasted my time.

Look, no one has to agree with me but not paying attention is inexcusable, so if you want to be that guy that doesn't care about history or context or justice, only about the letter of the law, then you can amuse yourself from now on .
              My tebya razdavim

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Thank you for proving my point.

I'm SURE someone as astute as yourself couldn't fail to notice the title page where it said "Rev, 2006."

The Mangini Rule...
                Article IX, Section C, Part 14 is in the original body of work, from 1970. All of the amendments are listed at the end of the document, in order of year passed. The reason it says "Rev 2006" is because it includes all of the revisions up through 2006.

Your point is disproven. The rule has been in place since the merger.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Look, no one has to agree with me but not paying attention is inexcusable, so if you want to be that guy that doesn't care about history or context or justice, only about the letter of the law, then you can amuse yourself from now on .
                  If you were paying attention you would have noticed the amendments were at the end of the Constitution and Bylaws. But, then again, we all know already that you're not going to waste your time reading any actual report or document, your opinion is enough 'evidence' to go on.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Spartacus
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                    Article IX, Section C, Part 14 is in the original body of work, from 1970. All of the amendments are listed at the end of the document, in order of year passed. The reason it says "Rev 2006" is because it includes all of the revisions up through 2006.

Your point is disproven. The rule has been in place since the merger.
                    Could you please point me to the page in the document? Article 1X, sec C. Pt 14 didn't mention anything like this.

Thanks.
                    My tebya razdavim

Comment

• mightysimi
                      • Mar 2010

lol, you said there was no rule in place. I found that there was in fact a rule in place. Not sure what the rest has to do with it.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                        • Feb 2009

It's incredible how sparty will just ignore the obvious and try to explain away things..2006 came before 2007 lol

Comment

• coastal
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

Can someone reasonably explain the statistical outlier fumble stats?

I'll back off on this being a big deal... and seeing it's... you know... math...

it it better be something beyond, "Belichick is a genius coach."

Comment

• Strongman
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                            Can someone reasonably explain the statistical outlier fumble stats?

I'll back off on this being a big deal... and seeing it's... you know... math...

it it better be something beyond, "Belichick is a genius coach."
                            Cheatriot fans have an explanation for it... Basically it's some iteration of Belicheat hates fumblers. So if someone fumbles, they are in Belicheat's doghouse. Pretty amazing that no other NFL coach had thought of that before.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Could you please point me to the page in the document? Article 1X, sec C. Pt 14 didn't mention anything like this.

Thanks.
                              Page 41 of the PDF (noted as pg 39 of the actual document), under 'Prohibited Conduct'. It's a violation to...

Use at any time,from the start to the finish of any game in which a club is a participant ,any communications or information gathering equipment, other than Polaroid-type cameras or field telephones, including without limitation videotape machines ,telephone tapping or bugging devices, or any other form of electronic device that might aid a team during the playing of a game;
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• senseofdoom
                                • Aug 2012

I'll remember your questions and answer them when I feel satisfied you know what actually happened.

1. That's correct. When Belichick joined the club, videotaping opposing DC's as they wave their arms and send their signals was NOT against the rules.

2. The guy who told the league about the video-taping had no grudge as far as I know. In fact, the guy OWED HIS CAREER to Bill Belichick, the guy he screwed.

And that would be Eric Mangini, ex-Belichick protege and brand new Jet's HC.

3. If no, then you must consider the rule-change to be patently unfair in that it legislates against something that was thought of by ONE team and not thought of by THIRTY-ONE teams. Correct?
                                I'll bet my last dollar that never happens.

1. Irrelevant and, based on the new links it this thread, quite possibly false.

2. Admittedly, the grudge was an assumption. Was he was just to stupid to realize what he was doing?

3. Now you're making the assumption. Might be that only one had the balls to think they could get away with it. Regardless, what does fair have to do with anything? You sound like my 4 year old complaining that his sister got one more M&M than him. The NFL makes rules for the betterment of the game to increase the competitive balance to maintain the integrity of the game to make more money. Fairness isn't even in the equation.

Comment

Working...
                                X