View Poll Results: How long do you think Marcias ban will be (NOT what you want it to be)?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 games

7 12.28%
  • 1 game

0 0%
  • 2 games

13 22.81%
  • 3 games

1 1.75%
  • 4 games

24 42.11%
  • 6 games

4 7.02%
  • 8 games

2 3.51%
  • 12 games

0 0%
  • 16 +playoffs (all of 2015)

4 7.02%
  • lifetime ban

2 3.51%
Page 99 of 102 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102 LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2029

Thread: Merged all things Brady, cheating, bellicheat, etc.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Merged all things Brady, cheating, bellicheat, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    I'm sure to get a better grip on the ball. Or maybe it was because of the junior varsity WR's he has been playing with couldn't catch the fastball.
    This would directly affect the outcome of a football game.

I'm just guessing but look at the games his performance didn't waiver in the least.
    In that single instance, against the Colts, yes he played well during the 2 quarters where the balls were within spec. That doesn't really mean much when you've being accused of deflating footballs since 2007.

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,386 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    This would directly affect the outcome of a football game.

In that single instance, against the Colts, yes he played well during the 2 quarters where the balls were within spec. That doesn't really mean much when you've being accused of deflating footballs since 2007.
    Where has he been accused of that? That's what we think. As far as I know, he was charged for the game against the Colts when the alleged tampering happened and that's it.

You are also disregarding the Superbowl which probably had a team of secret service agents covering the balls. We saw how that turned out. He was the MVP.

I will say this again. I hate Tom Brady. I would be happy if he never played again. In this instance, I think it is a little overblown. He should be suspended for the tampering. And he was.

Do we here about anybody screaming for baseball players never to play again if they got caught doctering a ball?

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Where has he been accused of that? That's what we think. As far as I know, he was charged for the game against the Colts when the alleged tampering happened and that's it.

You are also disregarding the Superbowl which probably had a team of secret service agents covering the balls. We saw how that turned out. He was the MVP.

I will say this again. I hate Tom Brady. I would be happy if he never played again. In this instance, I think it is a little overblown. He should be suspended for the tampering. And he was.

Do we here about anybody screaming for baseball players never to play again if they got caught doctering a ball?
    Who wants Brady kicked out of football? I'm happy with his 4 game suspension.

The truth is, no one knows how long he's been doing it. I thought the Wells report mentioned the potential of him doctoring footballs since 2007.

4. Post thanked by:

mightysimi (05-21-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    Who wants Brady kicked out of football? I'm happy with his 4 game suspension.

The truth is, no one knows how long he's been doing it. I thought the Wells report mentioned the potential of him doctoring footballs since 2007.
    I didn't read all of it but I did read most of it. I think the 2007 thing came from the fumble numbers being historically low from the point they were allowed to supply their own footballs. Didn't see/glanced over where it mentioned this in the report if it's in there.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I think we can ignore the stretched category, so Spygate is all you have, huh?

Now, how much do you know about Spygate? Do you think the Pats and Belichick "broke the rule" to gain a competitive advantage? Do you think he thought the Jets wouldn't notice the guy on the sideline with a camera during the first game played after the rule was instituted? Especially when the rule was put in place after new Jets HC Eric Mangini, a guy who owed his success to BB, told tales out of school to the commissioner?
    I'm sure you do. Ignoring details that don't support your narrative is status quo. Much like you cherry picked this and ignored the rest of my post.

All I have is the biggest cheating scandal in the history of the NFL. And of course he was trying to gain a competitive advantage. What else would he be doing out there?

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,935 Times in 13,287 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by senseofdoom View Post
    I'm sure you do. Ignoring details that don't support your narrative is status quo. Much like you cherry picked this and ignored the rest of my post.

All I have is the biggest cheating scandal in the history of the NFL. And of course he was trying to gain a competitive advantage. What else would he be doing out there?
    What else would he be doing out there? If you were familiar with the history, you'd know what else.

Do you want to know or will it make you angry?
    My tebya razdavim

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What else would he be doing out there? If you were familiar with the history, you'd know what else.

Do you want to know or will it make you angry?
    It's more likely to make me laugh. Enlighten me

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I will enlighten you. Because he broke the rules he was able to play in a game where he was voted most valuable player.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneblitser View Post
    I will enlighten you. Because he broke the rules he was able to play in a game where he was voted most valuable player.
    You can't believe that because he broke the rules he was able to get to the superbowl? The Pats scored 21 in the 3rd alone. If the Colts scored more than 7 I might agree with you.

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,935 Times in 13,287 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by senseofdoom View Post
    It's more likely to make me laugh. Enlighten me
    Why should I waste my time then? Anger, laughter, angry laughter, it's all the same thing - an indication of pre-judgment.

I have no doubt that whatever I tell you, you'll just look for something to argue about.

But here, we'll see if you can answer a few questions honestly and without squirming.

1. When the Pats started video-taping the DC's of their opponents, was there a rule that prohibited it? Yes or no?

2. How did the NFL find out about the practice?

3. Do you think it's okay to legislate against terams that have an unfair intelligence advantage? Should the rulebook be used to level the playing field to help stupid franchises?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,409 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The FACT remains 11 out of 12 balls are deflated to below standard. FACT.

And the balls are manipulated to game shape to and only to the QB's like. In this case Brady.

Brady can argue he did not know there is a ball pressure standard, but that does not cover the FACT he wanted the balls in the state NFL found at the Colts game. To me, that's a violation, intentional or unintentional.

Then the not coorperating part, which is no different from any rules a company has and employees must follow, or face discipline actions.
    Last edited by ghz in pittsburgh; 05-22-2015 at 07:41 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Profootball talk is saying the reason the Pats* will not appeal their punishment is that Belicheat did not believe Brady was innocent.

14. Post thanked by:

Skooby (05-22-2015),Strongman (05-22-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,220 Times in 3,689 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Profootball talk is saying the reason the Pats* will not appeal their punishment is that Belicheat did not believe Brady was innocent.
    Bingo, the team is throwing Tom under the bus. Bill B. "Talk to Tom" statements were the starkest indications of the team's stance.

16. Post thanked by:

better days (05-22-2015),Strongman (05-22-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Why should I waste my time then? Anger, laughter, angry laughter, it's all the same thing - an indication of pre-judgment.

I have no doubt that whatever I tell you, you'll just look for something to argue about.

But here, we'll see if you can answer a few questions honestly and without squirming.

1. When the Pats started video-taping the DC's of their opponents, was there a rule that prohibited it? Yes or no?

3. Do you think it's okay to legislate against terams that have an unfair intelligence advantage? Should the rulebook be used to level the playing field to help stupid franchises?
    Wow, nice cop out.

You implied it would make me angry when you offered. The pre-judgment is yours.

But I'll play along.

1. No

2. Someone with a grudge

3. No

I have a few questions of my own...

1. Did the Pats continue to videotape after it was prohibited?

2. Does the method of discovery of a misdeed have any effect on the guilt or innocence of perpetrator?

3. Does the reason that a rule was enacted have any effect on the guilt or innocence of the perpetrator?

18. Post thanked by:

better days (05-22-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You can't believe that because he broke the rules he was able to get to the superbowl? The Pats scored 21 in the 3rd alone. If the Colts scored more than 7 I might agree with you.
    What I am saying is that the pats with their deflated balls gained an unfair advantage over the course of the season. If playing with regulation size balls leads to more fumbles and dropped passes than with deflated ones then yes that helped them to get to the Super Bowl. No one can deny that the Pats have a great deal of talent on the team. That is what makes the least amount of sense as to why they would risk deflating the game balls. I guess they wanted to make sure they had a complete advantage over other teams. This game is full of the unexpected game changing circumstances. By deflating the footballs you drastacly reduce the chance of turnovers.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I would like to give it a shot.

1. Yes based on location of filming

2. Mangina

3. Depends on if you think breaking the rules is a team being more intelligent than the other. Or are you refering to techniques like the ineligible receiver stuff?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What I am saying is that the pats with their deflated balls gained an unfair advantage over the course of the season. If playing with regulation size balls leads to more fumbles and dropped passes than with deflated ones then yes that helped them to get to the Super Bowl. No one can deny that the Pats have a great deal of talent on the team. That is what makes the least amount of sense as to why they would risk deflating the game balls. I guess they wanted to make sure they had a complete advantage over other teams. This game is full of the unexpected game changing circumstances. By deflating the footballs you drastacly reduce the chance of turnovers.
    Yep! Winning the turnover battle is probably the one stat that most strongly correlates with wins in the NFL. If you win the turnover battle you win 79% of the time. The Cheats, by reducing their fumbling rates, defintely improved their chances.

Any honest person, who watches the Titans/Cheats 2009 snow game will notice something is really amiss. The Titans are fumbling all over the place while the Cheats don't fumble. Brady's taking snaps from shotgun, doing flea flickers, and has record setting day while Collins, taking snap under center, had 2-12 pass attempt.

Here's the game's highlights:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ts-59-Titans-0

Ball deflation is why the Cheats always play better late in the year when it starts getting colder. Playing with a deflated ball becomes an even bigger advantage then.

This game also indicates to me that the coaching knows very well about the ball being deflated. Calling for a flea flicker in a game like that? C'mon...

22. Post thanked by:

better days (05-22-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So based on this, you figure that Buffalo got screwed out of a division title? Past history (even going back to before the deflating is alleged to start) disagrees with this.

Don't get me wrong. I am not debating that the pats or Brady broke the rules. I am just of the opinion that it barely if any affected the outcome of games. You could probably find games where New England fumbles more than the other team. I believe Brady should be punished and he was.

Also it is impossible to prove. You can't prove that a catch wouldn't have been a catch if the ball was the right psi. You can't prove they would have fumbled more. You can only go with what they were caught with and that was the AFC Championship game. Then you can see what happened after and that was picking apart possibly one of the best defences in the history of the NFL to the tune of 4 TD passes with the most scrutinized balls in NFL history.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I can't possibly see how people think Brady is so good when he cheats. In good weather Peyton Manning and Brady's stats are very similar. However in cold weather, Brady's passer rating is a respectable 91.4% while Manning drops down to 68.8%. It's also interesting that Brady's receivers drop their passes 3x less than Manning's.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/po...ngland-weather

Brady is either immune to cold weather or he cheats.

We already know one of these to be true.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    I can't possibly see how people think Brady is so good when he cheats. In good weather Peyton Manning and Brady's stats are very similar. However in cold weather, Brady's passer rating is a respectable 91.4% while Manning drops down to 68.8%. It's also interesting that Brady's receivers drop their passes 3x less than Manning's.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/po...ngland-weather

Brady is either immune to cold weather or he cheats.

We already know one of these to be true.
    You are comparing a guy with a notoriously bad bad weather record against a guy who plays his career in New England and deals with it every year. You are also comparing a guy who has a rocket against a guy who doesn't have anywhere near the arm strength. How does it stand up against Rodgers? Another qb with a rocket arm who plays in the cold.