View Poll Results: How long do you think Marcias ban will be (NOT what you want it to be)?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 games

7 12.28%
  • 1 game

0 0%
  • 2 games

13 22.81%
  • 3 games

1 1.75%
  • 4 games

24 42.11%
  • 6 games

4 7.02%
  • 8 games

2 3.51%
  • 12 games

0 0%
  • 16 +playoffs (all of 2015)

4 7.02%
  • lifetime ban

2 3.51%
Page 101 of 102 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102 LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2029

Thread: Merged all things Brady, cheating, bellicheat, etc.

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,935 Times in 13,287 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Merged all things Brady, cheating, bellicheat, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    Right but there was a rule in 2007 and a memo sent to the teams in 2006. They were caught after that. I doesn't matter what happened before. The rule existed and they broke it knowingly.
    I knew I shouldn't have wasted my time.

Look, no one has to agree with me but not paying attention is inexcusable, so if you want to be that guy that doesn't care about history or context or justice, only about the letter of the law, then you can amuse yourself from now on .
    My tebya razdavim

Thanks
    Thanked 30,557 Times in 17,441 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Thank you for proving my point.

I'm SURE someone as astute as yourself couldn't fail to notice the title page where it said "Rev, 2006."

The Mangini Rule...
    Article IX, Section C, Part 14 is in the original body of work, from 1970. All of the amendments are listed at the end of the document, in order of year passed. The reason it says "Rev 2006" is because it includes all of the revisions up through 2006.

Your point is disproven. The rule has been in place since the merger.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

3. Post thanked by:

better days (05-26-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Look, no one has to agree with me but not paying attention is inexcusable, so if you want to be that guy that doesn't care about history or context or justice, only about the letter of the law, then you can amuse yourself from now on .
    If you were paying attention you would have noticed the amendments were at the end of the Constitution and Bylaws. But, then again, we all know already that you're not going to waste your time reading any actual report or document, your opinion is enough 'evidence' to go on.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Article IX, Section C, Part 14 is in the original body of work, from 1970. All of the amendments are listed at the end of the document, in order of year passed. The reason it says "Rev 2006" is because it includes all of the revisions up through 2006.

Your point is disproven. The rule has been in place since the merger.
    Could you please point me to the page in the document? Article 1X, sec C. Pt 14 didn't mention anything like this.

Thanks.

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,023 Times in 1,385 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

lol, you said there was no rule in place. I found that there was in fact a rule in place. Not sure what the rest has to do with it.

7. Post thanked by:

better days (05-26-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's incredible how sparty will just ignore the obvious and try to explain away things..2006 came before 2007 lol

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Can someone reasonably explain the statistical outlier fumble stats?

I'll back off on this being a big deal... and seeing it's... you know... math...

it it better be something beyond, "Belichick is a genius coach."

10. Post thanked by:

better days (05-26-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Can someone reasonably explain the statistical outlier fumble stats?

I'll back off on this being a big deal... and seeing it's... you know... math...

it it better be something beyond, "Belichick is a genius coach."
    Cheatriot fans have an explanation for it... Basically it's some iteration of Belicheat hates fumblers. So if someone fumbles, they are in Belicheat's doghouse. Pretty amazing that no other NFL coach had thought of that before.

12. Post thanked by:

better days (05-26-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Could you please point me to the page in the document? Article 1X, sec C. Pt 14 didn't mention anything like this.

Thanks.
    Page 41 of the PDF (noted as pg 39 of the actual document), under 'Prohibited Conduct'. It's a violation to...

Use at any time,from the start to the finish of any game in which a club is a participant ,any communications or information gathering equipment, other than Polaroid-type cameras or field telephones, including without limitation videotape machines ,telephone tapping or bugging devices, or any other form of electronic device that might aid a team during the playing of a game;

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'll remember your questions and answer them when I feel satisfied you know what actually happened.

1. That's correct. When Belichick joined the club, videotaping opposing DC's as they wave their arms and send their signals was NOT against the rules.

2. The guy who told the league about the video-taping had no grudge as far as I know. In fact, the guy OWED HIS CAREER to Bill Belichick, the guy he screwed.

And that would be Eric Mangini, ex-Belichick protege and brand new Jet's HC.

3. If no, then you must consider the rule-change to be patently unfair in that it legislates against something that was thought of by ONE team and not thought of by THIRTY-ONE teams. Correct?
    I'll bet my last dollar that never happens.

1. Irrelevant and, based on the new links it this thread, quite possibly false.

2. Admittedly, the grudge was an assumption. Was he was just to stupid to realize what he was doing?

3. Now you're making the assumption. Might be that only one had the balls to think they could get away with it. Regardless, what does fair have to do with anything? You sound like my 4 year old complaining that his sister got one more M&M than him. The NFL makes rules for the betterment of the game to increase the competitive balance to maintain the integrity of the game to make more money. Fairness isn't even in the equation.

Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,531 Times in 3,994 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

That's a pretty good summary of your Brady/Patriots defense overall.

Patti
    Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

16. Post thanked by:

better days (05-26-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Page 41 of the PDF (noted as pg 39 of the actual document), under 'Prohibited Conduct'. It's a violation to...

Use at any time,from the start to the finish of any game in which a club is a participant ,any communications or information gathering equipment, other than Polaroid-type cameras or field telephones, including without limitation videotape machines ,telephone tapping or bugging devices, or any other form of electronic device that might aid a team during the playing of a game;
    I was asking about the text to the amendment, since we know that technology in the NFL isn't limited to polaroids and field telephones anymore.

But anyway, thank you for digging up this antiquated document and it's stone-age concerns that videotape "machines", like telephone tapping or bugging devices would use their witchery to figure out how to bamboo2le opposing coaches during games that were on their way to being losses.

Although I suspect their motivation for including "video-machines" was more cost than competition driven.

It was 1970 after all.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by senseofdoom View Post
    2. Admittedly, the grudge was an assumption. Was he was just to stupid to realize what he was doing?
    http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...i_regrets.html

Mangini regrets turning in Patriots, spygate
    Posted by Zuri Berry, Boston.com Staff May 1, 2012 05:10 PM

Former Patriots assistant coach and former New York Jets head coach Eric Mangini expressed dismay today over the ever cloudy shadow that is "spygate."

Mangini, who alerted the NFL in 2007 that the the Patriots were taping opponents while head coach of the Jets, took to ESPN's NFL Live program to convey his disappointment in how the scandal has continued to plague the franchise, particularly after Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh called the Patriots' three Super Bowls tainted.

"It's regret, it's disappointment, it's all of those things," Mangini said. "Because I know what it took to win those Super Bowls and I have so much respect for the people that were involved there. I'm disappointed that this is what it's translated into.

"Never in a million years did I expect it to play out like this," Mangini continued. "This is one of those situations where I didn't want them to do the things they were doing. I didn't think it was any kind of significant advantage, but I wasn't going to give them the convenience of doing it in our stadium, and I wanted to shut it down. But there was no intent to get the league involved. There was no intent to have the landslide that it has become."

...more...

This article also shows that Harbaugh holds a grudge against the Patriots that stems from at least 2012.

Harbaugh to Grigson to Goodell...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-over-spygate/

Eric Mangini regrets turning in the Patriots over Spygate
    Posted by Michael David Smith on May 1, 2012, 4:44 PM EDT
    BelichickMangini992007AP AP

Eric Mangini, who as a Patriots assistant knew about the practice of taping opposing teams’ signals, and who informed the league office of the practice when he was the Jets’ head coach, said today that he regrets the way Spygate has continued to overshadow the Patriots and coach Bill Belichick.

After Ravens coach John Harbaugh called the Patriots’ titles tainted today, then said he regretted that comment, Mangini weighed in on ESPN’s NFL Live and said he regrets everything about Spygate. Mangini said that if he had it to do all over again, he never would have informed NFL Security that the Patriots were taping the Jets’ signals during a game on September 10, 2007.

...more...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So, he's either an idiot or a liar. Still don't see how it's relevant.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I was asking about the text to the amendment, since we know that technology in the NFL isn't limited to polaroids and field telephones anymore.

It was 1970 after all.
    Which I imagine is exactly the reality the NFL had in mind when they ended it with 'or any other form of electronic device that might aid a team during the playing of a game;

Why would they need to add amendments that specify new technology when that language is present?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ICRockets View Post
    Which I imagine is exactly the reality the NFL had in mind when they ended it with 'or any other form of electronic device that might aid a team during the playing of a game;

Why would they need to add amendments that specify new technology when that language is present?
    Ask Roger Goodell...

BTW, it sure looke like all the teams have tablets on the sideline these days, and radio communication from the sidelines to the QB and MLB,,,

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/art...es-5665371.php

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    Cheatriot fans have an explanation for it... Basically it's some iteration of Belicheat hates fumblers. So if someone fumbles, they are in Belicheat's doghouse. Pretty amazing that no other NFL coach had thought of that before.
    Exactly. As if he is the only Coach that hates fumblers.

Rex Ryan: "I will learn his name when he learns how to hang on to the ball."

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Ask Roger Goodell...

BTW, it sure looke like all the teams have tablets on the sideline these days, and radio communication from the sidelines to the QB and MLB,,,

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/art...es-5665371.php
    Yeah, I realized after I posted that the rule doesn't explicitly apply to using electronic devices to tape the opposing sideline. So the amendments are important to see what they say about newly allowed tech and any illegal uses thereof.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ICRockets View Post
    Yeah, I realized after I posted that the rule doesn't explicitly apply to using electronic devices to tape the opposing sideline. So the amendments are important to see what they say about newly allowed tech and any illegal uses thereof.
    And the amendments were put in place after Mangini betrayed his mentor.

That was Belichick's defense - that the old rule referred to devices intended to affect the result of the game being taped, something that videotape could only ever do in the fevered imaginations of a 1970 NFL bylaws committee, and not a visual record of something that could be seen by 10's of 1000s of people in the stadium and would only be used as research for future games, just like gameday tape of the players on the field.

We all know how Goodell ruled...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

But anyway, thank you for digging up this antiquated document and it's stone-age concerns that videotape "machines", like telephone tapping or bugging devices would use their witchery to figure out how to bamboo2le opposing coaches during games that were on their way to being losses.

Although I suspect their motivation for including "video-machines" was more cost than competition driven.

It was 1970 after all.
    The text in any amendment is irrelevant, the rule the Patriots broke is the language I have pointed out, in place since the merger, which is what the discussion is about.

Just wave the white flag on this one Shiva. It's over.