Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Spygate

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,930 Times in 13,282 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Spygate

Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    Which I believe runs on electricity, making it an electronic aid.
    Light bulbs, computers and head sets are all electronic aid. Run on electricity.
    My tebya razdavim

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    No, you started this little sideshow a week ago with this: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...=1#post4052796

This has never been about the Patriots for you, and nothing ever is. It's yet another Spartacus vs. the big dumb Americans political thread. At least you used to have the decency to confine that **** to the politics board.
    Don't be absurd. This is ALL ABOUT politics. Corporate politics. Spying. Cheating. False accusations.

In other words, BIG DUMB AMERICANS doing what they do best.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Light bulbs, computers and head sets are all electronic aid. Run on electricity.
    All supplied by the NFL and/or used by all teams within the rules of the game.

Maybe you can name some other things that use electricity? You're doing very well so far.

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,384 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

which of those would you use to record signals and then playback for use in future games?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    All supplied by the NFL and/or used by all teams within the rules of the game.
    And when the Pats started taping the sidelines, it was within the rules as well.

It was when the other teams found out that the Pats had a 6 year head start on everyone else that they put the rule in.

The ONLY reason it was banned was because the Pats had the brains to think of it and all the other teams hadn't.

They couldn't beat the Pats on the field so they decided to gang up on them via the competition committee...

Both Belichek and Kraft thought that was bull****, and so do I.

Legislating against brains and imagination.

Gotta level the playing field so the stupid and witless can compete too!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

which of those would you use to record signals and then playback for use in future games?
    Uh, they were never used in games. They were used in prep. The video just provides a research library, a record of something 70,000 or so people watched if they were paying attention. Doesn't tell you what to do or how to win.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

And when the Pats started taping the sidelines, it was within the rules as well.
    and thats why they got fined and lost a draft pick...because they were taping within the rules

8. Post thanked by:

better days (01-29-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Uh, they were never used in games. They were used in prep. The video just provides a research library, a record of something 70,000 or so people watched if they were paying attention. Doesn't tell you what to do or how to win.
    and thats why the videos were mysteriously destroyed because they had nothing to hide

10. Post thanked by:

better days (01-29-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Watched but didn't tape. I'm not sure how good your memory is but if I was watching a guy waving his hands for 3 hours from the stands, I might forget one or two.

Are you sure the info was never used in games? With all of that taping, if they saw a signal they knew, they wouldn't then adjust the defence? You can't believe that.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    and thats why they got fined and lost a draft pick...because they were taping within the rules
    And who fined them and took a draft pick away?

The very same people that got together to change the rule in the first place.

Insisting that this come out into the open was the only way the Pats could make their point - that they weren't going to let the other teams bully and cheat them out of something they'd earned through their brains and hard work.

They could care less about the money and the draft pick, just like they could care less about the opinions of people who are willing to be unreasonable just to hate the patriots.

I'.e had enough. It's gotten too stupid.

All you guys that want to believe a fantasy version of history, well, be my guest.

You have a right to be stupid. It's in the Constitution.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Watched but didn't tape. I'm not sure how good your memory is but if I was watching a guy waving his hands for 3 hours from the stands, I might forget one or two.

Are you sure the info was never used in games? With all of that taping, if they saw a signal they knew, they wouldn't then adjust the defence? You can't believe that.
    That was the point. You match their signals up with the plays they ran.

This doesn't ensure that they won't change their signals. If they do, then the tape is useless.

You guys think it's some sort of ****ing magic wand, like pointing a video camera at a guy waving his arms is going to unlock the keys to the kingdom.

It isn't. It only provides a record of past behavior. the coaches still have to figure out what it all means and how to deal with it...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This doesn't ensure that they won't change their signals. If they do, then the tape is useless.

You guys think it's some sort of ****ing magic wand, like pointing a video camera at a guy waving his arms is going to unlock the keys to the kingdom.

It isn't. It only provides a record of past behavior. the coaches still have to figure out what it all means and how to deal with it...
    What it provides is an illegal advantage over other teams.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It was when the other teams found out that the Pats had a 6 year head start on everyone else that they put the rule in.

The ONLY reason it was banned was because the Pats had the brains to think of it and all the other teams hadn't.

They couldn't beat the Pats on the field so they decided to gang up on them via the competition committee...

Both Belichek and Kraft thought that was bull****, and so do I.
    You mean the guys who got caught cheating and fined for it thought it was bogus? Weird how that works.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If they don't it's as if the other team was in the huddle. Why would they need to change their signals if they didn't know they were being recorded?

Why do they review the tape of any games if they could just change the plays? It would be useless right?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,932 Times in 3,488 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

And who fined them and took a draft pick away?

The very same people that got together to change the rule in the first place.

Insisting that this come out into the open was the only way the Pats could make their point - that they weren't going to let the other teams bully and cheat them out of something they'd earned through their brains and hard work.

They could care less about the money and the draft pick, just like they could care less about the opinions of people who are willing to be unreasonable just to hate the patriots.

I'.e had enough. It's gotten too stupid.

All you guys that want to believe a fantasy version of history, well, be my guest.

You have a right to be stupid. It's in the Constitution.
    Well that's not the reason BB gave after Mangini squealed to the league. Bellichick said he thought he could tape as long as he wasn't using the tape in the same game. Not sure if that was a reasonable assumption based on the league memo but that's his story. My understanding is NE was not the only team taping. But they're the only team that ignored the memo. Jimmy Johnson said a coach from the Chiefs had told him about it but he hadn't done it because he decided it wasn't worth doing.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Kurt Warner isn't sure the Pats** won their Super Bowls on the up and up.

PHOENIX - The DeflateGate scandal has conjured up some not-so-fond memories for Kurt Warner, who might have been cheated out of a Super Bowl by the Patriots over a decade ago. Although no hard evidence that the Patriots videotaped the Rams walk-through practice the day before Super Bowl XXXVI remains, Warner still has residual doubt about whether or not the Bill Belichick-Tom Brady dynasty was built on lies.

The Patriots' 20-17 win over the heavily favored Greatest Show on Turf 13 years ago still stings.

"I don't want to believe that there was anything outside of his team beat our team," Warner said at Media Day on Tuesday. "That's what I want to believe. Yeah, there's a sliver of a doubt… Was there any advantage they gained in any game? Not just our Super Bowl game, but maybe a game before that to get to the Super Bowl. All those things enter your mind. It's not because I'm bitter. It's not because I say they cheated, because I have no idea."

Marshall Faulk made his feelings abundantly clear two years ago when he told CSN New England that he'd "never be over being cheated out of the Super Bowl." The Rams installed new red-zone and third-down calls specifically for that game, according to Faulk. The Patriots either made superior calls/adjustments or had the answers to the test, the Hall of Fame running back surmised.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.2094128

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    Well that's not the reason BB gave after Mangini squealed to the league. Bellichick said he thought he could tape as long as he wasn't using the tape in the same game. Not sure if that was a reasonable assumption based on the league memo but that's his story. My understanding is NE was not the only team taping. But they're the only team that ignored the memo. Jimmy Johnson said a coach from the Chiefs had told him about it but he hadn't done it because he decided it wasn't worth doing.
    What Belichek said was for public consumption.

There was NO rule before mangini ratted. It was onlt put in AFTER the other teams learned about it.

Why do you think they put a rule in about it?

They could have very well said, "Every other team in the league was free to do the exact same thing as the Patriots did, and have done. There is nothing stopping them now. Carry on.", which would have been eminently fair. But they didn't.

Why?