View Poll Results: How long do you think Marcias ban will be (NOT what you want it to be)?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 games

7 12.28%
  • 1 game

0 0%
  • 2 games

13 22.81%
  • 3 games

1 1.75%
  • 4 games

24 42.11%
  • 6 games

4 7.02%
  • 8 games

2 3.51%
  • 12 games

0 0%
  • 16 +playoffs (all of 2015)

4 7.02%
  • lifetime ban

2 3.51%
Page 8 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Merged all things Brady, cheating, bellicheat, etc.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Robert Kraft wants an apology from the NFL

I have a hard time seeing Goodell doing anything to one of the league's most valuable franchises owned by his friend and the NFL's golden boy Brady.

2. Post thanked by:

Skooby (01-27-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What a A.$.$.-O Kraft!! . NFL and Fans won't take accept a apology from Kraft. All NFL and fans spit at Kraft face . Except cheater and M.....F...er Fans

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,935 Times in 13,287 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You diehards are funny.

Even if you're completely wrong, you won't apologi2e.

Nah, it's not a hatred issue at all.
    My tebya razdavim

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Let Shiva be a sceptic for once. He loves it, especially if he's the only one Attention seeking are we?

On Crafts statement: This is a typical machiavellian way of trying to rebuff an accusation when having nothing else to prove. Aggression and intimidation from a position of power and influence. It's very effective under the right circumstances.

I don't think much will happen as far as disciplinary consequences go. But if the Pats win the Superbowl their legacy will be forever be tarnished and discredited. Especially since this is the second time they have been caught cheating.

And that is priceless.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Avalon View Post
    Let Shiva be a sceptic for once. He loves it, especially if he's the only one Attention seeking are we?

On Crafts statement: This is a typical machiavellian way of trying to rebuff an accusation when having nothing else to prove. Aggression and intimidation from a position of power and influence. It's very effective under the right circumstances.

I don't think much will happen as far as disciplinary consequences go. But if the Pats win the Superbowl their legacy will be forever be tarnished and discredited. Especially since this is the second time they have been caught cheating.

And that is priceless.

You call what Fartacus is doing being a sceptic? I call it being a troll. Quite clearly trolling.

I do agree with the rest of your take. I would love to see the Cheatriots get booed off the field in victory.
    The Dolphins Blow, the Jets Swallow, and the Patriots take it in the arse.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,558 Times in 17,442 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Nobody deeply involved in the league probably cares as much about the Patriot 'legacy' as much as the public does, but one would think they are damn sick and tired of being associated with someone that continuously spits in the face of the integrity of the game at their expense. I hate to say it, but if the rest of the owners don't man up and demand real consequences, they deserve what they get...we just have to continue to suffer along with them, which sucks.

If the owners are OK with running their league like professional wrestling it's their call, but I sincerely hope if they do the status of the 'sport' gets relegated to the level where it belongs, and that isn't anywhere near major league, professional competition.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

8. Post thanked by:

harmonkoz (01-28-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by harmonkoz View Post
    You call what Fartacus is doing being a sceptic? I call it being a troll. Quite clearly trolling.

I do agree with the rest of your take. I would love to see the Cheatriots get booed off the field in victory.
    No he's not a troll. He just love going against the grain. It's been his bread butter since I can remember.

The patriots getting booed off the field and Chief Gestapo Goodell's facial expression zoomed in!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The conflict of interest, given Goodell's relationship with Kraft, is of primary concern here.

the "investigation" is likely nothing more than PR management.

11. Post thanked by:

harmonkoz (01-28-2015),Lucidvizion (01-28-2015),Sammy Avalon (01-28-2015),YardRat (01-28-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by upstart View Post
    This whole thing was a non-issue.
    You would love to believe that, but it is a HUGE issue.

The Pats* are proven CHEATERS & the CHEATING NEVER ENDS.

Belicheck & Brady both need to be suspended for a year.

13. Post thanked by:

YardRat (01-28-2015)

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,298 Times in 15,446 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by upstart View Post
    The Pats reputation hasn't been tarnished. ,
    That's true.

They will forever be looked at as the team that waved their dicks at a female reporter.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    That's true.

They will forever be looked at as the team that waved their dicks at a female reporter.
    And they will be forever looked at as a team of CHEATERS.

Yes upstart, the Pats* reputation is tarnished & no amount of polishing by you or other Pats* fans will remove that tarnish.

16. Post thanked by:

Strongman (01-28-2015)

Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,531 Times in 3,994 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Patti
    Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

18. Post thanked by:

better days (01-29-2015),coastal (01-28-2015),Fixxxer (01-28-2015),Historian (01-28-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I OWN THE NFL, beeyotch!!!!

Roger Goodell Hung Out At New England Patriots Owner Robert Kraft’s House Night Before AFC Championship Game

roger-goodell-robert-kraft.jpg

http://www.brobible.com/sports/artic...o-deflategate/

20. Post thanked by:

coastal (01-28-2015)

Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,531 Times in 3,994 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Patti

22. Post thanked by:

better days (01-29-2015),Strongman (01-28-2015),YardRat (01-28-2015)

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,935 Times in 13,287 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Avalon View Post

And that is priceless.
    You remember all those times I disagreed with everyone, even though the rest, secure in the fact they were the majority, threw every idiotic accusation in the book at me?

Did I ever turn out to be wrong?

Now, one would think that if they knew someone that had been right about everything for 12 years, when something like this came along, they'd say "Hmmmm, maybe there's something in what shiva says, after all his record in these sort of situations is spotless."

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And that's one of the things that makes doing this so amusing.

Watching how so many can be wrong so often and still be firmly convinced they're right.

Football, politics - it's exactly the same dynamic.

Americans have YEARS to be indoctrinated into the notion that Americans are right about everything before they reach the age of reason (supposedly about 7 or 8) and notice that it may not actually be the truth.

And even if they turn into howling lefties who hate everything "Murika" stands for, they STILL have that level of basic training that means if their buttons are pushed, they have no problem regressing to their knee-jerk childhoods.

It's still a very real possibility the Pats are totally innocent, but that doesn't matter, BECAUSE WE HATE THE PATS, and dammit, if hating our enemies and slandering them unfairly is in our interests AND makes us feel good, then IT'S OUR RIGHT TO BEHAVE LIKE THAT!

Cu2 we're "Murikans, dammit!
    Last edited by CommissarSpartacus; 01-28-2015 at 11:43 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    You remember all those times I disagreed with everyone, even though the rest, secure in the fact they were the majority, threw every idiotic accusation in the book at me?

Did I ever turn out to be wrong?

Now, one would think that if they knew someone that had been right about everything for 12 years, when something like this came along, they'd say "Hmmmm, maybe there's something in what shiva says, after all his record in these sort of situations is spotless."

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And that's one of the things that makes doing this so amusing.

Watching how so many can be wrong so often and still be firmly convinced they're right.

Football, politics - it's exactly the same dynamic.

Americans have YEARS to be indoctrinated into the notion that Americans are right about everything before they reach the age of reason (supposedly about 7 or 8) and notice that it may not actually be the truth.

And even if they turn into howling lefties who hate everything "Murika" stands for, they STILL have that level of basic training that means if their buttons are pushed, they have no problem regressing to their knee-jerk childhoods.

It's still a very real possibility the Pats are totally innocent, but that doesn't matter, BECAUSE WE HATE THE PATS, and dammit, if hating our enemies and slandering them unfairly is in our interests AND makes us feel good, then IT'S OUR RIGHT TO BEHAVE LIKE THAT!

Cu2 we're "Murikans, dammit!
    I'm not going to lie I have learned a lot of things from you over the years but I don't recall you never being wrong about anything. That's a bit of an overstatement.

Of course there is a chance they didn't do it but you have to look at the circumstantial evidence here. A rule is a rule and if you break it you should be punished accordingly.

Anyway the friggin' Balls were under inflated and the Colts' weren't. The kid took the balls to the bathroom were he knew no security footage could be recorded. The Pats have almost no fumbles all year. They live off the running game and the intermediate passing game. Both Belichek and Brady are very vague and seem highly confused in their initial pressers concerning the issue. They have cheated before and have been convicted.

The evidence suggests that they cheated. That's all I know. And btw your nemesis the main stream media is fully on your side. Looks like you made nice with them afterall.

25. Post thanked by:

coastal (01-28-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Boom

Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 952 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

LOL

I'm sorry but YOU people are letting their imagination run wild here. So I'll take some time to set you straight ....

The rule says the balls must be in the possession of the refs 2 hours before game time so that they can be tested for specs, it does not say that the balls must meet those specs when delivered to the ref. So, if the balls arrived underinflated and the ref missed it, no rules were violated.

I don't know if the balls were checked before being certified or not... and neither does anyone on this board.

End of story.
    The NFL forgot the main component of any business model, the customer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The ONLY reason to oppose Voter ID laws is to endorse Vote Fraud.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Ask A Scientist: Deflategate Is Trumped Up Nonsense

Hah! I bet this "scientist" is on Al Gore's payroll too with the global warming nonsense!

Christians don't need scientists to tell us who's good and who's evil!

Crucify them!

Ask A Scientist: Deflategate Is Trumped Up Nonsense

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...flategate.html

Ask A Scientist: Deflategate Is Trumped Up Nonsense
    Note to scandal seekers: Gases lose volume when it’s cold, meaning the Patriots may not have done anything wrong.

New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick says that he is “not a scientist,” but a basic law of physics taught in high school may well vindicate his team in the controversy dubbed DeflateGate.

On a blackboard, the Ideal Gas Law is written thus:

PV=nRT

The P stands for pressure, the V for volume. The n is the amount of gas, the R a mathematical constant. The T is temperature.

Among other things, the equation establishes that if the volume is a constant such as the inside of a football, then the pressure will vary in accordance with the temperature.

Let’s say the internal pressure of a football is measured indoors, as the footballs were two hours before the AFC Championship game last weekend.

And let’s assume that the temperature inside was in the mid-70s Fahrenheit.

Now we know that the temperature on the field was around 50 degrees when the balls were brought out for the start of the game.

We also know that the temperature soon after dropped into the mid-40s.

And, as calculated by a prominent Boston physicist at the request of the Daily Beast, a 30-degree decrease in temperature would result in a corresponding pressure drop of 1.54 PSI (pounds per square inch.)

“You’re on the right track,” Dr. Michael Naughton, chair of the Department of Physics at Boston College, confirmed when contacted by The Daily Beast on Friday.

Naughton was as cautious as is any good scientist when it comes to speculation, but he ventured, “What’s not unreasonable is that footballs initially measured in a typically warm room and then brought outside and used in a 40s temperature field will have dropped one and a half to two PSI.”

This would mean that balls inflated in the warmth of the indoors to the regulation lower limit of 12.5 PSI—which the Patriots are said to prefer—would have dropped to less than 11 PSI in the first half.

That would explain why all but one of the 12 Patriot game balls came in under the limit when they were tested at the half, triggering DeflateGate and the accompanying accusations of cheating.

All the game balls of the opposing Colts tested within the regulation limit, but that could be because they were initially inflated to the upper limit of 13.5 PSI.

...more...
    I had some down time on my job so I decided to take a stab at this with Excel. It's weird, because I got a different result than Dr. Michael Naughton. Right off the bat, I noticed he made a couple of errors. The first is assuming it was filled in a room in the mid 70's because we simply don't know that. His other glaring mistake is using the temperature at the start of the game. The balls were measured at halftime so that's the temperature you would have to use.

To account for a 2 psi drop in pressure, P1/T1 = P2x/T2 tells use either:

1. The balls were inflated in an 85 degree room
    2. The Cheatriots** submitted gameballs at 11.25 PSI that the refs didn't check

29. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (01-28-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,558 Times in 17,442 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Ask A Scientist: Deflategate Is Trumped Up Nonsense

From Robert Parry, a REAL investigative journalist, not a sports scribbler...

http://smirkingchimp.com/thread/robe...atriots-guilty

Rushing to Judge NFL's Patriots Guilty

by Robert Parry | January 27, 2015 - 10:21am

Given how bad mainstream American journalism has become, I sometimes turn to ESPN for relief and generally find the sports network’s reporting – based on statistics and observable facts – to be superior to the rushes to judgment that have come to define U.S. political and foreign reporting.

But it seems the disease of sloppy and opinionated journalism has spread to ESPN, too, as demonstrated by the network’s unseemly rush to judgment over the so-called “Deflate-gate” scandal swirling around the New England Patriots’ 45-7 victory over the Indianapolis Colts in the AFC Championship game on Jan. 18.

Immediately after the game, all anyone was talking about was whether the Patriots intentionally deflated the footballs used in the first half to gain an unfair competitive advantage, by taking the balls from a legal minimum 12.5 pounds per square inch (PSI), down about 2 PSI below the legal standard.

And, though this controversy is about football – not about whether to go to war in some faraway country – the scandal does touch on journalistic principles that should be applied everywhere, especially where people’s reputations are affected.

As a longtime investigative reporter, I have always found it important – when addressing a suspicion of wrongdoing – to consider possible innocent explanations before concluding that someone committed an offense. Otherwise, you become easily drawn into conspiracy theories, assuming guilt rather than assessing evidence.

However, as “Deflate-gate” jumped from the sports pages onto the news shows and news pages, what was lacking across the board was any skepticism regarding the Patriots’ assumed guilt. The principle of presumed innocence was jettisoned and the only question was who was more guilty, coach Bill Belichick or quarterback Tom Brady, and what the punishment should be.

It became common for commentators on ESPN as well as regular news shows and talk radio to call Brady a liar and Belichick a chronic cheater. Yet, those conclusions were reached in the absence of direct evidence that anyone working for the Patriots had actually deflated the footballs.

...and...

Fitting with ESPN’s defensiveness, an article on Sunday was largely dismissive of Belichick’s explanation while burying at the bottom of the story this item from a Pittsburgh-based sports science organization which essentially replicated the Patriots’ experiment:

“HeadSmart Labs in Pittsburgh conducted a study that indicated the pressure in the footballs used in the AFC Championship Game could have dropped 1.95 PSI from weather and field conditions alone.

“HeadSmart said it tested 12 new footballs that were inflated to 12.5 PSI in a 75 degree room to imitate the indoor conditions where the referees would have tested the footballs 2 hours and 15 minutes before kickoff. The footballs were then moved to a 50-degree environment to simulate the temperatures that were experienced throughout the game and were dampened to replicate the rainy conditions.

“‘Out of the 12 footballs we tested, we found that on average, footballs dropped 1.8 PSI when being exposed to dropping temperatures and wet conditions,’ the lab’s report states.”

In other words, an independent organization that specializes in the science of athletic equipment essentially confirmed what Belichick had said. And there is the additional loss of PSI that one might expect from 300-pound players landing on the footballs.

...more...
    Why do you keep bringing up all of these 'expert' conclusions that ignore the obvious? If they are so intelligent and their calculations are so correct THE COLT'S BALLS WOULD HAVE FAILED ALSO AND THEY DIDN'T. Why is that so difficult to understand and accept?

31. Post thanked by:

better days (01-28-2015),Strongman (01-28-2015)