Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Refs didn't actually check the game balls?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Refs didn't actually check the game balls?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    To put it mildly...
    Let me ask you this:

If the Patriots were found to have deflated these balls illegally beyond any shadow of a doubt, do you think that they should be punished? If so, what do you think the penalty should be?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Let me ask you this:

If the Patriots were found to have deflated these balls illegally beyond any shadow of a doubt, do you think that they should be punished? If so, what do you think the penalty should be?
    $25,000 1 psi is not going to make any difference as far as the game itself is concerned

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

According to the reports, the refs inspected all the game balls, pregame, and all were found to be within NFL specs. This means, at most, the Colts' game balls were at most 13.5 psi and lost a maximum of 1 psi during a half. By all accounts, the Cheats' balls lost more than that (closer to 2 psi).

These game balls all come shipped from the Wilson factory pre-inflated to NFL specs and are filled under the same conditions.

I'd love to hear any rational explanation on how it's possible for the Cheats' game balls to lose more pressure than the Colts. Anyone who knows anything about science would be able to tell you the Colts' game balls should have lost more than the Cheats.

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,930 Times in 13,282 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    They aren't being asked to prove a negative, they are being asked how their footballs lost 15% of their air pressure in just a few hours after being checked and being placed into their custody.

Nothing vague about that, it is a pretty specific question based on a pretty unique set of circumstances. There is nothing in the question about proving a negative.

Both their coach and their QB both stood up and said, "I/we have no idea".

The lying angle only came in after a number of former players and coaches called bull**** on their explanations.
    Yes, you are asking them to prove a negative.

They have answered the question with what could be an entirely truthful "I don't know." You're asking them to explain how they don't know. Of course, the reasonable answer is "How the **** should I know what I don't know?"

You know you'd never get away with this in court cu2 the judge would call bull**** on this.

DEon't think I don't know what you're doing and it's not quite as cute as you think.

Same thing for coastal.

But hey, if it makes you smile....
    My tebya razdavim

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,930 Times in 13,282 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    I'd love to hear any rational explanation on how it's possible for the Cheats' game balls to lose more pressure than the Colts.
    The Pats balls were filled with warm air, the Colts balls weren't.

I've explained this at least a half do2en times. Pay attention.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Pats balls were filled with warm air, the Colts balls weren't.

I've explained this at least a half do2en times. Pay attention.
    And it has been explained to you at least a dozen times from multiple people, if they are doing that, then it's cheating. They would have to be completely deflating the balls to do that, so it's obviously it's intentional. That's not the spirit of the rules and the Competition Committee will punish them in some way.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,891 Times in 4,015 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yes, you are asking them to prove a negative.

They have answered the question with what could be an entirely truthful "I don't know." You're asking them to explain how they don't know. Of course, the reasonable answer is "How the **** should I know what I don't know?"

You know you'd never get away with this in court cu2 the judge would call bull**** on this.

DEon't think I don't know what you're doing and it's not quite as cute as you think.

Same thing for coastal.

But hey, if it makes you smile....
    And yet...you're saying they would they filled the balls with warm air.

So...they would have known.

And in court...neither Brady nor Belichick would be able to get away with what they did in their press conferences.

Unless of course, they would have pled the 5th...which they wouldn't have done.