Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: evander kane saga

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: evander kane saga

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    oh, it does. im very reserved about this trade. but if kane responds well to the change of scenery, he was allegedly unhappy in the peg before the saga started, maybe itll work out. hes already signed off on being good with going to buffalo.
    Some of that article you linked has me worried more. Is he damaged from Byfugly's bullying? What is going to happen with banter (or worse) in the locker room here? Are other teams going to make that the book on him? Is he going to b the target of taunting during the game? How will he respond?
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

blank stare

blink
    ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
    it's Don't Tread On Me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    it appears lemieux was added because he wasnt going to sign with buffalo anyways.

https://twitter.com/AJonSports/statu...74257066147842

maybe he was just as difficult as his old man.

i have no problem parting with prospects, so long as you arent straying from the course during a rebuild. if the sabres had traded armia for a 33 year old, i would big issues with that. but for kane, no real issues, though i really REALLY like what i see from armia. getting a player who is still extremely young is fine with me. murray may have overpaid, but getting a 23 year old who can score bunches is perfectly fine with me. bogosian for myers im a little disappointed with, considering myers was putting his game together nicely. the defense had returned and his offensive punch is returning. but bogosian has settled down himself in his own end, but he hasnt been able to stay healthy.
    That twitter source wouldn't put much stock in what he says..Athough Lemieux was angry and stunned he wasn't a 1st Rounder and it was reported he was pissed off he got sent back to juniors maybe he is a delusional egomaniac

Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,658 Times in 4,936 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Kane has scored 20 goals or more once in 6 years, And he did that 4 years ago.

He has out stayed his welcome with 3 head coaches in 6 years.

Kane is not the kind of guy you want around a very young team.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Torn rotator cuff. Gee, hope that turns out ok or we'll be tanking for years to come.

6. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (02-11-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,493 Times in 12,035 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
    That twitter source wouldn't put much stock in what he says..Athough Lemieux was angry and stunned he wasn't a 1st Rounder and it was reported he was pissed off he got sent back to juniors maybe he is a delusional egomaniac
    and if thats the case, see you later.

though i did look at the sabres projected lines next year, and while the team looks solid, the right side is even more shallow with armia gone now. that could change with more trades though. but it appears so shallow, that i almost feel you have to keep coho and put him on the right side.
    Last edited by JATMtheJATM; 02-11-2015 at 01:42 PM.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by elltrain22 View Post
    ...we are set up to be a playoff contender next year.
    AND there it is!!!!

LOL!!!!

9. Post thanked by:

coastal (02-11-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    Kane has scored 20 goals or more once in 6 years, And he did that 4 years ago.

He has out stayed his welcome with 3 head coaches in 6 years.

Kane is not the kind of guy you want around a very young team.
    Look at the guys he was put on a line with after he scored 30 goals...they put him with Oli Jokinen FFS. Jokinen is a bum. And this past season he was with Mark Scheifele.

Any wonder why his scoring went down?

Put him next to McDavid or Eichel with Ennis likely on the other win and watch him actually reach his 40 goal potential people were saying when he was drafted.

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    Who? Puppa? Well, if he's better than Puppa, it will be highway robbery. The chances of that are infinitesimal. Puppa was awesome. And a smart feller too. While most of the puckheads were taking Clay For An A, Puppa was majoring in aeronautical engineering.

Two years ago he played out of his skull. RPI won 10 of its last 12 games before losing to Brown in the ECACs. Finished ranked about 20th, one of the best seasons since winning it all my senior year in '85 with Oates and Puppa.
    Well Puppa was a decent NHL goalie, but that's about it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Look at the guys he was put on a line with after he scored 30 goals...they put him with Oli Jokinen FFS. Jokinen is a bum. And this past season he was with Mark Scheifele.

Any wonder why his scoring went down?

Put him next to McDavid or Eichel with Ennis likely on the other win and watch him actually reach his 40 goal potential people were saying when he was drafted.
    Bingo

that slimey ass of an admin at the zone Dude's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,563 Times in 2,509 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    BINGO!!!!
    Glad you agree with me.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He's been relegated to play with those schmucks because his play has suffered and his play has suffered because he's playing with those schmucks. Feedback effects but which is the greater reason.

His offense is not what I'm mostly concerned about. He's been pretty consistent at about 0.6 ppg. Nothing great but he's still young and hopefully will be paired with better mates next year.

I'm mostly concerned with his play when his team has the puck. When he broke in, he was a liability outside the offensive zone. Has he improved much?

Then there's the concussion, the rotator cuff, his head. That's a lot to worry about before he has a chance to prove himself seven months hence.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
    Well Puppa was a decent NHL goalie, but that's about it.
    Yeah, you're right. Decent, but that's about it. But he's a sentimental favorite of mine. He had a few good years with the Sabres before his back started giving out. Plus he was a legendary drinker. I used to know his wife pretty well. Got hammered with him a few times. They're still on Grand Island. Lost touch with them after he went to Tampa and I moved to Atlanta.

Still, I think we'd all be surprised if Kasdorf develops into much more than a backup or even a career minor leaguer.

16. Post thanked by:

chernobylwraiths (02-12-2015)

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,384 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Ollie Jokinen had 26 goals the year they played together. As a Jets fan, I wanted Kane to be good but it was a ton of the same. Plays hard, throws a ton of pucks at the net, misses it a lot and doesn't pick corners like you would like a sniper to. They tried all sorts of ways to integrate him with Little and Wheeler and they couldn't make it work. Maybe if you put him with a guy who will get him the puck where he wants it every time, he would thrive because he rarely makes any plays for himself.

Lets see how Myers does when he doesn't have to be the shutdown guy. In Winnipeg he won't have to be. Stafford, while extremely average, allows us to move Buff back to D. I think it is a pretty even trade. Which is rare.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    Ollie Jokinen had 26 goals the year they played together. As a Jets fan, I wanted Kane to be good but it was a ton of the same. Plays hard, throws a ton of pucks at the net, misses it a lot and doesn't pick corners like you would like a sniper to. They tried all sorts of ways to integrate him with Little and Wheeler and they couldn't make it work. Maybe if you put him with a guy who will get him the puck where he wants it every time, he would thrive because he rarely makes any plays for himself.

Lets see how Myers does when he doesn't have to be the shutdown guy. In Winnipeg he won't have to be. Stafford, while extremely average, allows us to move Buff back to D. I think it is a pretty even trade. Which is rare.
    Jokinen didn't even score 26 goals in the two years he was a member of the Jets.

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,384 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Jokinen didn't even score 26 goals in the two years he was a member of the Jets.
    haha, I must have looked at assists. He only played with Kane the second year but had 18. He was on the PP and got better than 2nd line minutes in the past and the injuries and lack of production was persistent. I think if you guys are waiting to get the next Seguin or Voracek you might be waiting for a while. He does play hard though. I will miss that about him. Good on the PK as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Zach Bogosian is from Messena NY and sources are telling WGR he has always wanted to be a Buffalo Sabre

21. Post thanked by:

gebobs (02-11-2015)

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

something else about Kane (I remember this like it was yesterday, that is how long I wanted him) When the Thrashers moved to Winnipeg Kane asked management to trade him because he didn't want to play in Winnipeg.

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by DetDannyWilliams View Post
    something else about Kane (I remember this like it was yesterday, that is how long I wanted him) When the Thrashers moved to Winnipeg Kane asked management to trade him because he didn't want to play in Winnipeg.
    Yes, the big city of Buffalo should make him happy.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    Yes, the big city of Buffalo should make him happy.
    Hes already said he would be happy with being moved to buffalo. Try again.