• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Downinfloflo
    Victimizing The Victimizer
    • Aug 2012

Re: evander kane saga

Originally posted by Dude View Post
    I agree with coastal. Overall this is a good deal. It seems like GMTM gave up a lot, but Lemieux/Armia are, as of yet, unproven at the NHL level. GMTM has been stockpiling picks and prospects to start rebuilding the club and to not make moves to that end because you don't want to part with unproven prospects is a terrible strategy.
    BINGO!!!!

Comment

• GreedoII
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
      Gotta admit I haven't followed Bogosian's career since the Thrashers left town. They're about the same age. Both bust into the league on fire offensively and have since cooled off. Myers has struggled defensively but Bogosian has seemingly settled down. The big difference is that Bogosian seemingly can't stay healthy. I don't know why but he averaged only 50 games the last three seasons.

Advantage Jets.

Depending on the prospect, advantage to edge Jets.

An injured player for two 1sts and an early 2nd.

Advantage Jets.

Overall...Murray gave up too much. And if tanking was the goal, he muffed that too giving away the Isles pick.
      Sorry man Myers has been dreadful and so has Stafford who is 29 and hasn't done crap in 5 yrs...a waste of space and salary. That 1st rounder is a who cares for me since they have 2 already and it's at the bottome of the draft. Trimming the fat and salary and building for the future. I hate losing Lemieux but he's not even signed and he;s an unknown so the risk is worth it. Great trade. next year is going to be fun. The cry babies are out

Myers is absolute garbage. He's 6'8 and plays like he's 5'8 170. He's terrible. Stop with this turd already. Armia still hasn't done squat. Stop crying. They got an elite player and need to complete the tank. A bag of pucks would have been worth getting rid of the trash with Stafford and Myers. More Darcy failures out the door...buh bye...
      Last edited by GreedoII; 02-11-2015, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

This is the ultimate "fresh start" trade.

I never got the whole Myers love and Stafford will someday make the Floater Hall Of Fame. Fools gold of the highest order. Jets need the prospects to show something.

Meanwhile Kane and Bogosian start next season with a better lineup. Good trade by Murray.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
          • Jun 2024

Originally posted by coastal View Post
          Teams must have been offering pretty much nothing for Myers
          "But he's tall just like Chara."

Just like Chara if Myers had a shot like Chara, heart like Chara, toughness like Chara, leadership like Chara and a penis rather than a vagina.

Sabres did well to get rid of him.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
            • Jun 2024

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
            On tanking, this is for spiked

"Murray must have panicked with that move. He traded away Myers who has started playing better and scored last night plus a roster player for only one current roster player. He must want to lose real bad. And Myers is sent away for almost screwing up a loss."
            Hey, what can I say?

We're among friends here so I don't know why we have to continue with the "the Sabres are not tanking" lie.

Murray should have guaranteed last place with this trade.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
              • Jun 2024

Originally posted by GreedoII View Post
              They got an elite player and need to complete the tank.
              Refreshing honesty.

Comment

• coastal
                Legendary Zoner
                • Mar 2005

And once Stewart is moved... the tank is done.

Comment

• gebobs
                  One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                  • Sep 2003

Sorry man Myers has been dreadful
                  Bogosian hasn't exactly lived up to his draft status either. And he's missed 90 games over the last three season.

Stafford sucks and UFA but Kasdorf is a longshot to even make the league. Dead weight gone, but hey at least we have a decent backup ready to come up in an emergency instead of dressing the trainer.

That leaves Kane for Lemieux, Armia, and a late 1st. Kane's career is in crisis right now. He was seemingly run out by his teammates. Production has trailed off the last few years. Maybe a change of venue will help. He doesn't have #4 overall value where he was drafted any more. More like mid 1st. So you have one mid 1st vs. three unproven high picks. I dunno. Hope you're right.
                  Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• GreedoII
                    • Aug 2007

Bogosian hasn't exactly lived up to his draft status either. And he's missed 90 games over the last three season.

Stafford sucks and UFA but Kasdorf is a longshot to even make the league. Dead weight gone, but hey at least we have a decent backup ready to come up in an emergency instead of dressing the trainer.

That leaves Kane for Lemieux, Armia, and a late 1st. Kane's career is in crisis right now. He was seemingly run out by his teammates. Production has trailed off the last few years. Maybe a change of venue will help. He doesn't have #4 overall value where he was drafted any more. More like mid 1st. So you have one mid 1st vs. three unproven high picks. I dunno. Hope you're right.
                    I'm right. Murray knows what he's doing...enjoy the ride!

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Dude View Post
                      I agree with coastal. Overall this is a good deal. It seems like GMTM gave up a lot, but Lemieux/Armia are, as of yet, unproven at the NHL level. GMTM has been stockpiling picks and prospects to start rebuilding the club and to not make moves to that end because you don't want to part with unproven prospects is a terrible strategy.
                      it appears lemieux was added because he wasnt going to sign with buffalo anyways.

maybe he was just as difficult as his old man.

i have no problem parting with prospects, so long as you arent straying from the course during a rebuild. if the sabres had traded armia for a 33 year old, i would big issues with that. but for kane, no real issues, though i really REALLY like what i see from armia. getting a player who is still extremely young is fine with me. murray may have overpaid, but getting a 23 year old who can score bunches is perfectly fine with me. bogosian for myers im a little disappointed with, considering myers was putting his game together nicely. the defense had returned and his offensive punch is returning. but bogosian has settled down himself in his own end, but he hasnt been able to stay healthy.
                      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• gebobs
                        One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                        • Sep 2003

I'm right. Murray knows what he's doing...enjoy the ride!
                        What exactly do you see in Kane? To me, he looks like a young Drew Stafford. 20+ goals once so far. 0.6 ppg so far in his career - about 50 points per year. Sound familiar? From what I recall from years ago in Atlanta, his two-way play was a weakness. Granted, he was only 18 and still only 23 now.

What do you see? I see a top 6 forward.
                        Last edited by gebobs; 02-11-2015, 01:02 PM.
                        Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                          • Aug 2012

What exactly do you see in Kane? To me, he looks like a young Drew Stafford. 20+ goals once so far. 0.6 ppg so far in his career - about 50 points per year. From what i recall from years ago in Atlanta, his two-way play was a weakness. Granted, he was only 18 and still only 23 now.

What do you see? I see a top 6 forward.
                          Evander Kane is once again at the center of a controversy with the Winnipeg Jets. The trade rumors are flying, so we take a look at his value to other teams.

guy can bury the puck. put him with eichel/mcdavid, or hell, sam reinhart... you got yourself a dangerous combo.
                          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• elltrain22
                            • Sep 2003

Like the move, but don't love the move. I really hate we had to give up Myers, but I can see why bc we have many good young defensive prospects, plus ZB was a good pickup with this trade. What I really love is getting Evander Kane. Very good young player, that plays both ways, and if we can draft Eichel or McDavid, with Reinhart, Ennis, Grigs, and others, we are set up to be a playoff contender next year.
                            If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

I'm not even a Sabres fan and this is a great trade for them.

Give up a defenseman who shows up once every 5 games or so and needs to take 4 games off to pat himself on the back for playing well. Give up a forward who's run his course on their roster. 1 prospect who's been a prospect for what 5 years now? And another prospect who was a 2nd round pick but has a good hockey last name + a late first round pick...

FOR

A guy who basically is even with Myers...change of scenery for both could do wonders. And a viable scorer when he actually has linemates that are worth a damn.

People say Bogosian has injury risks....In 5 1/2 seasons Myers has played 365 games, in 6 1/2 seasons Bogosian has played 393 games. 66 games a year vs 60 games a year.

And who cares about this goalie prospect, he may never even sign with the team.

Comment

• coastal
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Mar 2005

Put Reinhart between Kane and Eichel.

legit first line with Girgs centering line 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X