X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JATMtheJATM
    • Aug 2012

Re: evander kane saga

10 teams were calling about Myers, per Murray.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Dr. Who
      • Jul 2002

So, just to review, Kane is a locker room cancer with a low hockey iq and injury concerns, while Bogosian, according to unnamed sources, has a substance abuse problem and also has injury concerns.

People are always so helpful with these kinds of things.
      Last edited by Dr. Who; 02-12-2015, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

The NHL is a small club. If we heard the rehab rumors about Bogosian, you can be sure that people inside the Sabres org heard them. So, either it's not true or the club is satisfied that the issue is resolved.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Who
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          The NHL is a small club. If we heard the rehab rumors about Bogosian, you can be sure that people inside the Sabres org heard them. So, either it's not true or the club is satisfied that the issue is resolved.
          Oh, I've no idea if it's true and one would imagine TM was confident about both players or he wouldn't have made the deal.
          I am just irritated by those who seem to go out of their way to accentuate the most negative interpretation possible.

Comment

• GreedoII
            • Aug 2007

Can they score goals and help win a cup? If yes..then I don't care if they are sniffing glue and wrestling gators with their bare hands as long as they show up and play and win....all I care about is the on ice production.

Comment

• mightysimi
              Buckle me in on the highway of sin
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Dr. Who View Post
              Oh, I've no idea if it's true and one would imagine TM was confident about both players or he wouldn't have made the deal.
              I am just irritated by those who seem to go out of their way to accentuate the most negative interpretation possible.
              Does rumor not cover it? Should I use super extreme rumor just to let you know it's further from proven? I'm telling you what I heard. You seemed to gloss over the 3 pages of people saying myers and stafford are terrible good riddance and Armia will never develop and lemieux wouldn't sign. I get it, someone is talking bad about your new toys.

Kane is a loner, not a cancer. To me a cancer indicates divide in the locker room. A loner is everyone against you. He didn't follow the team rules. Facts are facts. He has been injured. Again also fact. If he gets his head on, he can be a very good player. I hesitate to say great. I could be wrong though.

Bogosian also has been hurt a lot. This is also fact. The rumor is about the drug abuse. In all fairness, since his return from injury or whatever, he has played the best I have seen him in a Jets uniform. Maybe clean Bogo is all that is needed.

When I heard the deal being put together and they said that Kane might not be the only piece moving, I immediately thought of Bogosian. For the reasons above. I think this could be a trade that can work out for both teams. Evryone wants to pick a winner and many have but I see it as pretty even because of all the unknowns.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Stafford is terrible.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Stafford is terrible.
                  Not really. He might not have acheived what he should've, but he's also not "terrible"

He's a competent 3rd liner and marginal 2nd line winger.

We can save terrible for players that are really terrible like McCormick, Scott, Mitchell, Konopka, etc.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• mightysimi
                    • Mar 2010

Stafford is terrible.
                    That is not debatable. He just needs to be an average player on the 3rd line which allows Byfuglien to move back to D.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                      Not really. He might not have acheived what he should've, but he's also not "terrible"

He's a competent 3rd liner and marginal 2nd line winger.

We can save terrible for players that are really terrible like McCormick, Scott, Mitchell, Konopka, etc.
                      He's not a second liner. But, he's gone so it really doesn't matter. He's the last of Darcy's post-Bloody Sunday gaggle of losers and I've wanted him gone for a while.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Who
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
                        Does rumor not cover it? Should I use super extreme rumor just to let you know it's further from proven? I'm telling you what I heard. You seemed to gloss over the 3 pages of people saying myers and stafford are terrible good riddance and Armia will never develop and lemieux wouldn't sign. I get it, someone is talking bad about your new toys.

Kane is a loner, not a cancer. To me a cancer indicates divide in the locker room. A loner is everyone against you. He didn't follow the team rules. Facts are facts. He has been injured. Again also fact. If he gets his head on, he can be a very good player. I hesitate to say great. I could be wrong though.

Bogosian also has been hurt a lot. This is also fact. The rumor is about the drug abuse. In all fairness, since his return from injury or whatever, he has played the best I have seen him in a Jets uniform. Maybe clean Bogo is all that is needed.

When I heard the deal being put together and they said that Kane might not be the only piece moving, I immediately thought of Bogosian. For the reasons above. I think this could be a trade that can work out for both teams. Evryone wants to pick a winner and many have but I see it as pretty even because of all the unknowns.
                        Yes, I admit I'd like to have that new toy feeling for a few days . . . I can't dispute what you say and I don't think you're one of those who says things just to be a downer.
                        I read a lot of boards and had a general feeling of annoyance. I just used this place to vent. The loner label makes sense to me. I have that personality myself.

I like Armia. I think he will be a nice 2nd line winger. I also like Lemieux. I would have been happier had we not traded both of them. Myers is kinda soft and makes some dumb plays, but he's still a good player and has improved this year. I think the Jets did well in this trade. I'm hoping it works both ways.
                        I live in Atlanta, btw. Never liked the Thrashers, liked the Flames, though . . . was glad Winnipeg got a team back.

Comment

• sukie
                          Seriously?
                          • Sep 2012

If you are intent on making this a do over vs a tinkering rebuild... Then the enema bag NEEDS to be squeezed good and deep. Stafford the colon polyp has been removed... Myers was needed to make the deal happen. I like this trade all around.

Comment

• mightysimi
                            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                            If you are intent on making this a do over vs a tinkering rebuild... Then the enema bag NEEDS to be squeezed good and deep. Stafford the colon polyp has been removed... Myers was needed to make the deal happen. I like this trade all around.
                            Rob Ray was on OTR yesterday saying that both players are good but just got jumped on by the fan base as the symbol for the old regime's failures. I hope he's right about Myers. Stafford should probably rent in Winnipeg.

Comment

• gebobs
                              One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Downinfloflo View Post
                              He has 16 points in 12 games....With the Ramparts.
                              No need to do the full bio on Duclair. I was just bustin yer chops about that post you made long ago.
                              Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• mightysimi
                                • Mar 2010

Well fruck, Myers is hurt.

Comment

Working...
                                X