Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: evander kane saga

Thanks
    Thanked 16,503 Times in 12,043 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

evander kane saga

Looks like evander Kane has worn out his welcome in Winnipeg. Also possible they trade him for cheap. Would you take him?
    http://deadspin.com/report-dustin-by...ium=socialflow
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: evander kane saga

I there has even been a guy in need of a fresh start, it's him.

Sure, why not?
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,023 Times in 1,385 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think it will be that cheap. Cheaper than before the incident but 23 year old former 30 goal scorers don't grow on trees. Regardless of his recent performance.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We have a few guys that could need fresh starts. Is Meyers worth more? I think so. Meyers and the Blues 1st for Kane, their first, and a prospect?
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by casdhf View Post
    We have a few guys that could need fresh starts. Is Meyers worth more? I think so. Meyers and the Blues 1st for Kane, their first, and a prospect?
    Winnipeg is pretty set on D. They need help up front. Stewart and a pick might do it.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Effort has been an issue with Kane hard to think that could be corrected on a team that's tanking.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    Effort has been an issue with Kane hard to think that could be corrected on a team that's tanking.
    Hes also injured and could be out the remainder of the year. Needs surgury. Trade for him, have him get his surgury, he comes back next year with a better roster. Problem solved.

Blues first and Stewart could get it done. Winnipeg is trying to get younger as well but also in the hunt. Might be a little shallow though, trade wise.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Hes also injured and could be out the remainder of the year. Needs surgury. Trade for him, have him get his surgury, he comes back next year with a better roster. Problem solved.

Blues first and Stewart could get it done. Winnipeg is trying to get younger as well but also in the hunt. Might be a little shallow though, trade wise.
    Get younger? Who on the team is over 30? Enstrom, Stuart and Thorburn who believe they are 31. That's it. I think they are looking for an asset that can be used this year. Now that he is hurt, all bets are off.

SpikedLemonade

You missed an opportunity to correct the poster.

The Sabres are not tanking.

They are innocent victims of having a poor team that they could not have done anything to improve last year or this year.

They are One with the City of Buffalo and its history.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    You missed an opportunity to correct the poster.

The Sabres are not tanking.

They are innocent victims of having a poor team that they could not have done anything to improve last year or this year.

They are One with the City of Buffalo and its history.
    You missed the opportunity to use logic and reasoning. No one is surprised.

SpikedLemonade

You missed the opportunity to use logic and reasoning. No one is surprised.
    Now you have me confused.

Is the lie Sabre fans are trying to convince themselves of that the Sabres are not intentionally tanking by design or something else?

Remember no rules are being broken. There is no rule that a team must try to win last year, this year or even next year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Is the lie Sabre fans are trying to convince themselves of that the Sabres are not intentionally tanking by design or something else?

Remember no rules are being broken. There is no rule that a team must try to win last year, this year or even next year.
    Of course no rule is being broken. The Sabres are simply rebuilding in a way that many have done before them. A simple point you seem to ignore.

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Let us try one more time.

The Sabres lack talent. There are three ways to get talent, trade for it, sign free agents and draft talent. Now, it is very difficult to get older talent to sign with a bad team. Even trading for talent can be difficult because top end talent cost a lot in terms of potential talent and current talent and draft picks. So, there are many ways to get talent, but they all have their drawbacks. On top of this, when you lose your own talent as the Sabres had for years in free agency, it is virtually impossible to replace. And if you know you are going to lose your own talent, the ONLY recourse you have it to trade it away for some asset that you can use.

Now, you begrudge the Sabres trading away talent that wasn't helping them win in the now (last two years) in order to get assets to help them in the future (draft picks and minor leaguers). These things traded for were in no way going to help in the immediate future for the organization, or at least had very little chance to help right away. Hence, the Sabres had to get worse to get better.

Some people believe that you should try to make the roster the best you can possibly make it every chance you get. How is that to be achieved by a bad team that has no chance of signing top end free agent talent? It HAS to be through trades (which the Sabres aren't going to trade away high picks they they painstakingly aquired for nothing) or through the draft, which is what they are doing.

As Opiv said, doing your best to try to achieve the 8th playoff spot does nothing for the organization except keep it mediocre. The previous regime had done that for years, but there was no more elite goalie to keep them competative.

I don't like to lose, but in doing so, they are giving themselves a good chance to make themselves so much better for the near future. And not just with McDavid/Eichel. If they have a chance to add this young talented player and don't see him as a major disctraction going forward, a young 30 goal scorer would help this team greatly in the future and they should try to get him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
    Let us try one more time.

The Sabres lack talent. There are three ways to get talent, trade for it, sign free agents and draft talent. Now, it is very difficult to get older talent to sign with a bad team. Even trading for talent can be difficult because top end talent cost a lot in terms of potential talent and current talent and draft picks. So, there are many ways to get talent, but they all have their drawbacks. On top of this, when you lose your own talent as the Sabres had for years in free agency, it is virtually impossible to replace. And if you know you are going to lose your own talent, the ONLY recourse you have it to trade it away for some asset that you can use.

Now, you begrudge the Sabres trading away talent that wasn't helping them win in the now (last two years) in order to get assets to help them in the future (draft picks and minor leaguers). These things traded for were in no way going to help in the immediate future for the organization, or at least had very little chance to help right away. Hence, the Sabres had to get worse to get better.

Some people believe that you should try to make the roster the best you can possibly make it every chance you get. How is that to be achieved by a bad team that has no chance of signing top end free agent talent? It HAS to be through trades (which the Sabres aren't going to trade away high picks they they painstakingly aquired for nothing) or through the draft, which is what they are doing.

As Opiv said, doing your best to try to achieve the 8th playoff spot does nothing for the organization except keep it mediocre. The previous regime had done that for years, but there was no more elite goalie to keep them competative.

I don't like to lose, but in doing so, they are giving themselves a good chance to make themselves so much better for the near future. And not just with McDavid/Eichel. If they have a chance to add this young talented player and don't see him as a major disctraction going forward, a young 30 goal scorer would help this team greatly in the future and they should try to get him.
    Not only that, but the draft is but one stage of a rebuild. You rebuild through the draft, get a base, and make trades. Sprinkle in free agents to round out the team. It's a painstaking process and the Sabres are getting to stage two soon, once this draft is complete, in my opinion.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,454 Times in 14,166 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Kane will undergo season ending surgery.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

SpikedLemonade

The Sabres are simply rebuilding in a way that many have done before them.
    Keep telling yourself that lie.

The final season(s) record will show that no team has tanked to the extent that the Sabres have purposely done so.

The Sabres have brought it to all new disgraceful level such that lottery rules were changed and will continue to be changed to prevent it from happening again.

Congratulations on making history.

17. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (02-11-2015)

SpikedLemonade

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Keep telling yourself that lie.

The final season(s) record will show that no team has tanked to the extent that the Sabres have purposely done so.

The Sabres have brought it to all new disgraceful level such that lottery rules were changed and will continue to be changed to prevent it from happening again.

Congratulations on making history.
    A bad season is a bad season. I'm not worried about it. Everyone expected a long season. Keep crying about it.

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wrong.
    Last edited by gebobs; 02-07-2015 at 07:20 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Why do people keep feeding Spiked Lemonade? He is the dumbest poster that cant see the forest between the trees or just trying to get a rise out of people and not worth our time.

22. Post thanked by:

gebobs (02-09-2015),SeatownBillsFan21 (02-11-2015)