Thread: Random Draft Musings - 2/6

Thanks
    Thanked 24,427 Times in 14,146 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Random Draft Musings - 2/6

I don't follow the draft like I used to but I still keep up with college football and follow some of the people I used to work along side by reading their articles/tweets. So as I look forward to my three day weekend here are some random thoughts I've put together that are a combination or my own and others.

-This QB class is just plain bad. It lacks any truly finished product and lacks a ton of depth. Ideally there couldn't of been a better draft for us to not have a first round selection in.

-If we are going to go QB, I'd rather take a flyer on a late round pick like Brandon Bridge (S. Alabama).

-This RB is extremely talented and deep, everybody knows the two top guys in Gurley and Gordon, but really I think any of the Top 15 RB's as listed on CBS Sports rankings could work in this offense. Ideally you're looking for a power runner who has the speed to get to the corner. The combine will be huge for this group.

-I'm not sure when, or even if, the Bills will go WR this year but its a strong class that is unfortunately is a bit top heavy. The X-Factor is going to be Dorial Green-Beckham who was an absolute stud at Mizzou and sat out all of last year. If he's there at our 2nd Round pick, do you take a swing for the fences? Not sure it's a good idea but he'd be by far the most talented player available.

-Stefon Diggs (Maryland), Austin Hill (Arizona), and Deontay Greenberry (Houston) are all current Round 4-7 guys who have plenty of talent but have struggled at times with injuries or consistency. Could be a nice boom potential prospect.

-So if you haven't watched or seen TE Maxx Wiliams from Minnesota you need to do that, he's the #1 TE prospect by far. My point however is about something that Matt Miller from B/R was talking about this morning. He's hearing that former Oklahoma QB Blake Bell is the #2 TE prospect. I watched a few OU games this year and Bell is a big prospect 6'6, 250+ who can run. I never focused on him at TE, but he did have 16 receptions for 254 and 4 TD's. He was a clear focus in their redzone packages.

-I'm currently looking at OT Cedric Ogbuehi as the guy I'd like in Round 2 to kick off the Bills draft. He's a guy we could plug in at RT and see a nice bump in play. He's not a clean prospect because he's got some tech issues but I think with Roman and Kromer working with him they could improve that. He was at one time considered one of the top 2 tackles in this class.

-I'm not a fan of the OG class, I would prefer to see what Kujo has in camp or look to sign Micheal Oher if he's willing to try out OG. We have to do soemthing though.

-I'm going to go back to Matt Miller here and link to his piece today that touches on DE Arik Armstead of Oregon. He's an ideal 34 5 tech DE. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...uting-notebook

-NT is a large need for this team and there are three guys near the top of the DT rankings to look at: Malcolm Brown (Texas), Jordan Phillips (Oklahoma), and Carl Davis (Iowa).

I haven't really looked at LB's or DB's so I don't have a lot of thoughts there.

NFL Combine starts in 11 days (2/17).

I'd love to hear anybody elses thoughts and give this forum some life.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Random Draft Musings - 2/6

I agree that we need another tackle and maybe two. Considering Hairston probably gone and if cryus moves inside we only have two tackles. I expect a free agent and a draft pick to come in and compete. That said are you giving up on Henderson.

I agree we need another NT but I am not sure Carl Davis is that guy he seems more like a penetrator like Kyle to me. I would expect this to be filled in free agency.

Qb class could not agree more which is why I laughed when la confora said we were least desirable hc spot because we had no first rounder.

So just from the forums we seem to have our needs as follows
    Qb
    Og
    Nt
    Ot - maybe need two
    Lb - need depth
    Te

I personally don't think safety and cb are needs. Unless they don't like Rambo Meeks cockrell at all but all three seem to fit the mold of what Rex likes at those positions. Cockrell especially being a big tall corner

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Random Draft Musings - 2/6

I was going to say I believe guard is addressed in bills eyes. They want to see whT cryus and cryil do this year