Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thurman Thomas on 97Rock this AM

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Thurman Thomas on 97Rock this AM

Well that was a direct quote from Johnson.

And he did bring Landry and Milliner. Yes. Milliner got hurt. But you're an excuse machine. Talk to a Jets fan about Ryan. He was 4 - 12. If Idzik was the only problem they would have kept Ryan and just replaced Idzik.

Talk about what you know. Which isn't much.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Then there are always Rex's in-game calls. They are right in line with Jauron, Gailey and Marrone.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michae...b_1951130.html

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2014/...ryans-problems

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...ement-faux-pas

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...agement-issues

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/re...ement-1.253453

The Jets nearly lost Sunday’s game with the Buccaneers because of poor clock management, and coach Rex Ryan declined to discuss the snafus at his Monday news conference.
    http://nypost.com/2013/09/09/seconds...msy-clock-use/

Green Day: Rex Ryan must fix his clock play
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...his-clock-play

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I always though Rexy was a crappy gameday HC. If he didnt have the game won before they stepped on the field, it would be a long day for his team. He cant touch Bellicheat when it comes to gameday coaching especially when the game is close.

5. Post thanked by:

Mace (02-21-2015),swiper (02-22-2015)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,490 Times in 9,187 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    I always though Rexy was a crappy gameday HC. If he didnt have the game won before they stepped on the field, it would be a long day for his team. He cant touch Bellicheat when it comes to gameday coaching especially when the game is close.
    That's sort of his issue, he's not a good tactical HC past defense, which a lot of people ignore in saying he was the best HC candidate available, Truth is, he was the best motivating charismatic, defensive guru candidate. But Green Bay's McCarthy dorks up on gameday, and Carroll even (and yes, I realize what cushion McCarthy & Carroll have in their personnel).

I've said the hire baffles me and it does, but I think Roman is a more assertive, capable OC then lil Schottzy, Sparano or Mornhinwheg were, if somewhat more limited in focus, and Ryan had to earn some things from New Jersey, so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with this. Still baffles me though.
    Last edited by Mace; 02-21-2015 at 08:24 PM.

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Thurman Thomas can say whatever he wants. But the FACT remains that Marrone took the Bills, and their lousy offense lead by their lousy QBing to a 9-7 record. Better than the 4 guys before him. I didn't like the Marrone hire. Never liked him much. But he did what he did. And beat Ryan twice last year with those QBs.

And Ryan is such a great motivator he took those AFC championship teams right down to 4 - 12. Another FACT.
    I know that 9-7 number seems great, but that Patriots win only means so much. And with arguably the second best defense in the league? At or just above .500? That better be the case, even with arguably the second worst offense in the league.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf View Post
    I know that 9-7 number seems great, but that Patriots win only means so much. And with arguably the second best defense in the league? At or just above .500? That better be the case, even with arguably the second worst offense in the league.
    Playing devil's advocate, he had no viable QB all season, was only in his second season on the job and showing progress getting to or over 0.500. How often over the entire history of the Bills in the NFL have we fans seen that? Can count on one hand.

9. Post thanked by:

Historian (02-23-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,085 Times in 3,568 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Playing devil's advocate, he had no viable QB all season, was only in his second season on the job and showing progress getting to or over 0.500. How often over the entire history of the Bills in the NFL have we fans seen that? Can count on one hand.
    Orton was a far more viable QB than any of the Jets' QB's. That's not even debatable. As for the defenses and ST's, the Bills were far and away better. Even as it stands right now, EJ is a better QB than anyone the Jets have, and the Bills still have a better defense and ST's, which were the backbone of the defense and not attributable to Marrone.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    Orton was a far more viable QB than any of the Jets' QB's. That's not even debatable. As for the defenses and ST's, the Bills were far and away better. Even as it stands right now, EJ is a better QB than anyone the Jets have, and the Bills still have a better defense and ST's, which were the backbone of the defense and not attributable to Marrone.
    Did you see Geno Smith's final game of 2014? He was 20 of 25 for 358. 3 TDs/0 INTs.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Did you see Geno Smith's final game of 2014? He was 20 of 25 for 358. 3 TDs/0 INTs.
    ..and? One good game, in the "run for the bus" game, doesn't mean much. Just like the Bills beating the Pats the last game of the season.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well that was a direct quote from Johnson.

And he did bring Landry and Milliner. Yes. Milliner got hurt. But you're an excuse machine. Talk to a Jets fan about Ryan. He was 4 - 12. If Idzik was the only problem they would have kept Ryan and just replaced Idzik.

Talk about what you know. Which isn't much.
    You are the person that does not know what he is talking about.

Google; Johnson lied to & you will see it was Idzik, the person that signed him to the Jets, that Johnson said lied to him, NOT Rex.

And I have two Jets boards saved in my favorites, Gang Green & the Landing Strip. I check them both out regularly & spent a lot of time reading those boards when it looked like Marrone was going to take a job there.

Most Jets fans blame Idzik for the Jets troubles, not Rex.

14. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (02-23-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

better days tends to be very optimistic, but i agree with him,swiper. living in nyc and with lots of jet friends, they all said as the season wore on that idzik did this and that they didn't want to lose rex in the process.

i will also say that rex style probably has a shelf life of 5 years. being brash, believing in the team, taking the media bullets. but if you don't get results in the first 5 years, he probably loses the locker room over time if he doesn't have aa certain level of success.

there literally is no one the bills can hire to take the risk out of the equation. no former superbowl winning coach has gone on to do it again with another team. not every coordinator go on to be great.

given what we know about the coordinators and options, rex was a solid choice. it may not look much different than other hires, but at least they tried something different and got a guy that other teams were trying to get.

16. Post thanked by:

better days (02-23-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    better days tends to be very optimistic, but i agree with him,swiper. living in nyc and with lots of jet friends, they all said as the season wore on that idzik did this and that they didn't want to lose rex in the process.

i will also say that rex style probably has a shelf life of 5 years. being brash, believing in the team, taking the media bullets. but if you don't get results in the first 5 years, he probably loses the locker room over time if he doesn't have aa certain level of success.

there literally is no one the bills can hire to take the risk out of the equation. no former superbowl winning coach has gone on to do it again with another team. not every coordinator go on to be great.

given what we know about the coordinators and options, rex was a solid choice. it may not look much different than other hires, but at least they tried something different and got a guy that other teams were trying to get.
    And as bad as the Jets were the last two years, Rex did not lose that locker room.

Proof of that is as has been pointed out, the Jets dominated the Fins in the last game of the year.

And the Fins were not playing their scrubs in that game like the Pats* did against the Bills.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by GvilleBills View Post
    I'm so tired of mixed messages, why can't anyone just say what they mean anymore?!?
    For the record I wrote that on my cell phone and there was an error. It was supposed to be only one post.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox24 View Post
    For the record I wrote that on my cell phone and there was an error. It was supposed to be only one post.
    I'm pretty sure GvilleBills was joking with that post of his.

That is how I took it anyway.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    And as bad as the Jets were the last two years, Rex did not lose that locker room.

Proof of that is as has been pointed out, the Jets dominated the Fins in the last game of the year.

And the Fins were not playing their scrubs in that game like the Pats* did against the Bills.
    When it was a well known fact that Ryan was out the door weeks before this and the players didn't give a ****. It certainly showed they their disdain for the disorganized bumbler.

The players showed the fans they were better than they were being given credit for under the poor leadership of Ryan.

I post facts. The blind and ignorant ignore them.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

When it was a well known fact that Ryan was out the door weeks before this and the players didn't give a ****. It certainly showed they their disdain for the disorganized bumbler.

The players showed the fans they were better than they were being given credit for under the poor leadership of Ryan.

They were still being led by Ryan at that point. That they waited until the end of the season to show up proves their team is full of idiots. And that won't change much under Bowles.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You post facts?????????????

You posted Johnson said Rex Ryan lied to him.

The FACT is Johnson said John Idzik LIED to him. That is the REAL FACT.

Only the blind & ignorant try to pass off FALSEHOODS as facts.

And it would be you doing that.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You post facts?????????????

You posted Johnson said Rex Ryan lied to him.

The FACT is Johnson said John Idzik LIED to him. That is the REAL FACT.

Only the blind & ignorant try to pass off FALSEHOODS as facts.

And it would be you doing that.
    Again, the quote in post 19 was a direct quote from Johnson. FACT.

So FO.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Most likely Thurm was told this by players who were Coached by Marrone & his staff.

I posted before YardRat started this thread that I heard Marrone was teaching the OL different techniques than his OL Coaches were teaching.
    Including the TEs' coach there were like 4 different coaches that had input into the OL, I doubt that it was very cohesive group, it certainly didn't look like it was.

25. Post thanked by:

better days (02-24-2015)