Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thurman Thomas on 97Rock this AM

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Thurman Thomas on 97Rock this AM

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Again, the quote in post 19 was a direct quote from Johnson. FACT.

So FO.
    Johnson said the Jets lied to him when he signed with them.

When he said that, Johnson was referring to John Idzik as he was the representative of the Jets that signed him.

Headline from the NY Post reads Chris Johnson: Idzik lied to me about Jets playing time.

As I said before if you Google Johnson Jets lied to, you will see a number of hits for that & they all say IDZIK was the person that lied to Johnson.

The FACT is you tried to pass off a falsehood as a fact.

You are too blind & ignorant to get the real facts correct.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,559 Times in 17,443 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Let's try and have one day where you two avoid hurling insults at each other, Mmmmkay?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kishoph View Post
    Including the TEs' coach there were like 4 different coaches that had input into the OL, I doubt that it was very cohesive group, it certainly didn't look like it was.
    And the staff of Rex Ryan is the 2nd largest in the NFL. It is important that everyone is on the same page in regards to the technique they want taught.

I heard former Bucs OL Ian Beckles address this a while back. The Bucs were a bad team when Beckles played for them & a number of coaching changes were made in his career.

Beckles said one year, the new coach told him to do just the opposite of what he had been told to do the year before by his last coach.

It sounds like Marrone & company were doing that at the same time last year.
    Last edited by better days; 02-24-2015 at 06:53 AM.

4. Post thanked by:

kishoph (02-25-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Let's try and have one day where you two avoid hurling insults at each other, Mmmmkay?
    I was just throwing back his insult to me word for word.

Drew's my hero!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i was just a bit over luke warm to Rex, but when he brought in Roman for OC, i was quite happy.

roman is a guy who is very innovative within the framework of power offense with lots of formations. he's also pretty aggressive and has a no quit and strong killer instinct in his play calling.

combine that with what i am saying here is gonna be one of the best Ds in the nfl in the past decade and a top flight special teams unit, and we just need some OL and an RB to make our team able to control most every game. i like it.

7. Post thanked by:

better days (02-24-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Johnson said the Jets lied to him when he signed with them.

When he said that, Johnson was referring to John Idzik as he was the representative of the Jets that signed him.

Headline from the NY Post reads Chris Johnson: Idzik lied to me about Jets playing time.

As I said before if you Google Johnson Jets lied to, you will see a number of hits for that & they all say IDZIK was the person that lied to Johnson.

The FACT is you tried to pass off a falsehood as a fact.

You are too blind & ignorant to get the real facts correct.
    I posted a direct quote from Chris Johnson to Rich Eisen. So FOAD, Try again. Loser.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,095 Times in 3,574 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I posted a direct quote from Chris Johnson to Rich Eisen. So FOAD, Try again. Loser.
    Do a search on "Chris Johnson," "Rich Eisen" and "lied" and all you get is Johnson saying Idzik lied to him.
    Last edited by Goobylal; 02-24-2015 at 04:55 PM.

10. Post thanked by:

better days (02-24-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You use Dr. Google when you're sick too. lol.

A direct quote is a direct quote.

Idzik is a convenient scapegoat. Doesn't the head coach control who's on the field on Sunday? Umm. Yes he does. And he put Ivory out there over Johnson.

Or... like I have pointed out numerous times, Mornhinweg made the calls because Ryan wasn't involved, at all, with his offense. Which makes him a lousy head coach.
    Last edited by swiper; 02-24-2015 at 05:02 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Your direct quote from Chris Johnson says NOTHING about Rex.

You WRONGLY ASSUMED it was about Rex.

The REALITY is it was about Idzik!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Your direct quote from Chris Johnson says NOTHING about Rex.

You WRONGLY ASSUMED it was about Rex.

The REALITY is it was about Idzik!
    Let me post it again for the ******ed in the group:

“When I sat down and talked to Rex before I signed with the Jets, my role and my situation was explained to me totally different to what actually happened,” Johnson said
    So Idzik was coaching the team? LOL. Idiots.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

"I think last year, with the organization, I think a lot of the stuff was out of Rex's hands." Hence the dysfunction. End of thread.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think a lot of the stuff was out of Rex's hands," Johnson said. "A lot of the things that we were doing I think it was out of Rex's hands. Don't nobody know but it was a [bad] situation."
    In other words, Johnson had no f-cking idea. But the head coach was Rex Ryan and he was in charge of who was on the field for each play on Sundays, not the GM. Dumb @sses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    "I think last year, with the organization, I think a lot of the stuff was out of Rex's hands." Hence the dysfunction. End of thread.
    Join the dumbassery club.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

In other words, Johnson had no f-cking idea. But the head coach was Rex Ryan and he was in charge of who was on the field for each play on Sundays, not the GM. Dumb @sses.

- - - Updated - - -

Join the dumbassery club.
    You moron, Johnson knows more about the Jets' situation than you do, so forgive me for not believing the idiocy you spout and listening to him instead. I don't know how many times you need to hear that the dysfunction on the Jets started at the top, hence the reason they let Idzik go as well. Otherwise they would have fired Ryan and kept Idzik. And I haven't heard a single player say a bad thing about Ryan yet.

17. Post thanked by:

better days (02-25-2015),Fixxxer (02-27-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You moron, Johnson knows more about the Jets' situation than you do, so forgive me for not believing the idiocy you spout and listening to him instead. I don't know how many times you need to hear that the dysfunction on the Jets started at the top, hence the reason they let Idzik go as well. Otherwise they would have fired Ryan and kept Idzik. And I haven't heard a single player say a bad thing about Ryan yet.
    You're the moron. Reading comprehension. He said, "I don't know". Dumb ass. He was assuming. But he admitted he had no idea. Dumb ass. The head coach controls who's on the field on Sunday. Or, on the Rex Ryan Jets, the OC did. LOL.

They FIRED BOTH Ryan and Idzik.

The players don't say bad things about Ryan because he takes blame off their ****ty play in post-game press conferences. Of course they're going to give him a pass. It doesn't make him a good coach in any way. If you don't understand that, well you've proven - you're an idiot.
    Last edited by swiper; 02-24-2015 at 05:32 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You're the moron. Reading comprehension. He said, "I don't know". Dumb ass. He was assuming. But he admitted he had no idea. Dumb ass. The head coach controls who's on the field on Sunday. Or, on the Rex Ryan Jets, the OC did. LOL.

They FIRED BOTH Ryan and Idzik.

The players don't say bad things about Ryan because he takes blame off their ****ty play in post-game press conferences. Of course they're going to give him a pass. It doesn't make him a good coach in any way. If you don't understand that, well you've proven - you're an idiot.
    Johnson thinks he knows who it to blame, but you know because you were there, right? LOL! Again, anyone who isn't braindead will go with the player and not you.

Yep, again, if Ryan was the problem, Idzik would still be their GM. Or be able to find another job in the NFL.

And as for the players not saying anything because he covered for them, that's a laugher. The good players would have slammed Ryan, and yet they didn't.

20. Post thanked by:

better days (02-25-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Kiko thinks that you guys arguing is funny. Partially because of how inept Swiper is about what he is talking about. Kiko thinks you should just drop your argument, it was Idzik who was blamed, the starting RB believed that it was out of Rex's hands. I doubt secretly not known by the players Rex pushed every button and called every shot, only to have his fecal matter all roll down hill on Idzik, while he gets out spotless with players all continuously supporting him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Johnson thinks he knows who it to blame, but you know because you were there, right? LOL! Again, anyone who isn't braindead will go with the player and not you.

Yep, again, if Ryan was the problem, Idzik would still be their GM. Or be able to find another job in the NFL.

And as for the players not saying anything because he covered for them, that's a laugher. The good players would have slammed Ryan, and yet they didn't.
    I don't know what part of the player saying, "I don't know" that Gloobyal doesn't get. LOL. Talk about braindead. There is much of that goes on this board.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That brings us to Ryan.

Everyone seems to want to excuse Ryan because of a lack of talent. But this defense has eight first-round picks on it. The defensive line may be the best in football. And it is easy to prematurely rip apart Idzik’s drafts, but the foundation of this team should have arrived before 2013. Under Tannenbaum, Ryan had plenty of say over personnel and he made his share of mistakes evaluating talent. Don’t forget the Jets selected a cornerback in the first round in 2010, but Kyle Wilson is unreliable, which helped create the void at the position. There are no players on this team from the 2008 or 2009 drafts. Wilson is the only one left from 2010 (John Conner just returned last week, but was gone for two years).
    Ryan’s teams seem to have the same problems every year. He has not developed a quarterback, or really any offensive players. The offense has not had an identity since 2010, vacillating between Ground and Pound and relying on the pass. The defense disappears when it matters most. They commit stupid penalties.
    All of this falls on Ryan.
    link

Fans of moderate intelligence often pile on a convenient scapegoat without really knowing anything about what actually happened behind the scenes. The Zone is peppered with such fans. Love Rex. Blame Idzik for everything. Check back in a couple of years. The Jets fans were all giddy when he finally brought in Marty Mornhinweg like you all are over Roman.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...n-the-hot-seat

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

And the staff of Rex Ryan is the 2nd largest in the NFL. It is important that everyone is on the same page in regards to the technique they want taught.
    \

When I first heard, I sort of cringed, can there be too many chefs in the kitchen.