• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ed
    Dude
    • Sep 2002

Re: Sources: Bills eyeing QB Sam Bradford

Originally posted by Dr. Who View Post
    @mikerodak: Rams tell me that there is no merit to report that Bills are pursuing trade with QB Sam Bradford.

@viccarucci: Hearing the #Bills are not pursuing #Rams QB Sam Bradford, as being reported, from a source in the know.

@JoeBuscaglia: For what it's worth, I'm hearing that the Bills "pursuit" of Sam Bradford is not real.
    Nice work Yahoo Sports. So much for your "multiple league sources." Better find some new ones.

Comment

• tonyc37
      • Jan 2006

The one thing you have to look at in the article is that the source says Rex and Roman are not sold on EJ.Which is something I knew when they drafted him.They know they need a QB to win now and there is none in the draft that can come in and start.

Comment

• WagonCircler
        Escaped Convict
        • Jul 2002

Great.

Another wasted year with EJ ****ing Manuel.

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          This is stupid on an epic level.

Bradford would take up half out available cap space and take draft picks to obtain. If we do this it will be the only significant move we make all off season. No RB, no TE, no OL help- you know, all the things that make a QB's job easier.

Plus, while the D is talented, a few personnel changes are needed to go from the 4-3 to the 3-4, and obtaining Bradford would limit our ability to do that as well.

This is only a good idea if you honestly believe that this team was Sam Bradford away from being a legit contender, and that clearly wasn't the case. QB was the biggest problem but there were plenty of others.
          First, one would think he would need to rework his contract because I can't imagine we spend draft pics for a 1 year rental.
          Two, how if the holy ***** is upgrading our QB stupid on an epic level in any world or even alternate universe?

I can't get over how mind blowing this comment is. "Lets not upgrade our QB substantially because we may not be able to sign a free agent tight end". Seriously?
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by yordad View Post
            First, one would think he would need to rework his contract because I can't imagine we spend draft pics for a 1 year rental.
            Two, how if the holy ***** is upgrading our QB stupid on an epic level in any world or even alternate universe?

I can't get over how mind blowing this comment is. "Lets not upgrade our QB substantially because we may not be able to sign a free agent tight end". Seriously?
            If Ralph was still the owner, he'd be right.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
              Making Spirits Bright
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
              Great.

Another wasted year with EJ ****ing Manuel.
              Even if we did trade for Bradford, there's still a decent chance we'd start EJ for a good chunk of the season.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                • Apr 2004

When I look at what the Rams had at the skill positions in 2013, I'm impressed that Bradford was able to put up the numbers he did. They just had nothing. Their go-to guy was Jared Cook for crying out loud and their run game was almost on-existent.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                  • Sep 2002

By my count that is now 561 players the Bills are interested in.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Because Sam Bradford is extremely high risk, and it isn't just a free agent tight end. It's a NT, a 4-5Tech DE, possibly a safety and a cornerback, a tight end, a running back, a guard, a tackle, a wide receiver AND a QB. Maybe it would be more palatable if the front office didn't dick around with the defense, but this team is farther away from competing than just a QB, and an over-priced, injury-prone one at that.

Go ahead and trade away multiple picks and put Bradford behind Glenn-Richardson-Woods-Incognio-Henderson and see if he makes it through the preseason. Not a gamble worth taking, IMO.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Well, while Stafford is an upgrade over anything on the FA market, the upgrade is not nearly worth the price.

Think of it this way: you have a Geo Metro that barely runs. You upgrade by paying $40,000 for a 2 year old Honda Accord that's been in an accident. Sure, you got a good car, but you paid for a great car and now you can't afford to pay for Internet or replace your 5 year old cell phone. And you never know when something from that accident is going to come back and bite you in the ass.

Upgrading is good. Moderate upgrades at high costs are not.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                        Nice work Yahoo Sports. So much for your "multiple league sources." Better find some new ones.
                        Joe Logan
                        Pat Moran
                        Stan, the bartender at Big Tree
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Why trade for a unanimous All-Whirlpool selection ?
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Meathead
                            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                            Joe Logan
                            Pat Moran
                            Stan, the bartender at Big Tree
                            the bills chef
                            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Swiper
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2010

None of this makes much sense for the Rams. Yes he's expensive, but the Rams are better off with him than without him. Fisher named him the starter apparently. So he can get onto the field. And it doesn't snow much in St. Louis.

Originally posted by PFT
                              Last week, Rams coach Jeff Fisher made clear his position that Bradford is the starter, disputing a report that Bradford has received permission to seek a trade. The Rams have committed to Bradford for good reason. As the source said, subtracting Sam Bradford from the roster will only make the team’s quagmire worse.

Bradford has torn the same ACL each of the past two years, and he’s still rehabbing the new graft. Fisher said last week he hopes to re-sign Shaun Hill. Austin Davisis eligible for restricted free agency.

For the money, it would be more practical, maybe, to bring in Hill and Davis and let them compete with Manuel.
                              Last edited by swiper; 02-24-2015, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• Swiper
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Sep 2010

The risk to reward with Bradford is, well, very risky.

Comment

Working...
                                X