X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shady25
    • Feb 2015

Re: Sources: Bills eyeing QB Sam Bradford

Kiko thinks we need to do something like this, this is something that everyone would warm up to. Kiko thinks with the moves the front office will potentially make, like Iupati, Clay, or whoever we may bring in, (Kiko saw an article about Frank Gore from Buffalo Rumblings..) that a move like bringing in Bradford would be a very good thing for the Bills.
    WILL NOT REMOVE THIS UNTIL SHADY IS SUPERBOWL MVP!!!
    ROCHESTER KNIGHTHAWKS '12 '13 '14 CHAMPIONS

Comment

• cookie G
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      Plus, while the D is talented, a few personnel changes are needed to go from the 4-3 to the 3-4, and obtaining Bradford would limit our ability to do that as well.
      Another monumentally stupid idea of epic proportions.

What was it you said the other day about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?

This decade and a half long quest of finding the perfect D hasn't given us a sniff of the playoffs yet.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Kiko View Post
        Kiko thinks we need to do something like this, this is something that everyone would warm up to. Kiko thinks with the moves the front office will potentially make, like Iupati, Clay, or whoever we may bring in, (Kiko saw an article about Frank Gore from Buffalo Rumblings..) that a move like bringing in Bradford would be a very good thing for the Bills.
        Well then, make it so.

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

Thank goodness this is false.

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            Because Sam Bradford is extra high risk, and it isn't just a free agent tight end. It's a NT, a 4-5Tech DE, possibly a safety and a cornerback, a tight end, a running back, a guard, a tackle, a wide receiver AND a QB. Maybe it would be more palatable if the front office didn't dick around with the defense, but this team is farther away from competing than just a QB, and an over-priced, injury-prone one at that.

Go ahead and trade away multiple picks and put Bradford behind Glenn-Richardson-Woods-Incognio-Henderson and see if he makes it through the preseason. Not a gamble worth taking, IMO.
            Wow we can get all that w 7ish mil a year and a 5th round pick?
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by yordad View Post
              Wow we can get all that w 7ish mil a year and a 5th round pick?
              The 7mil might be possible if Bradford re-works his deal pre-trade, but I doubt the Rams would only take a 5th.

In all honesty even without pulling the trigger on Bradford and keeping all of our current picks and assuming $30mil in cap space they are going to be hard-pressed to fill all of the holes adequately anyway, that's one of the reasons it was foolish to create more by hiring Ryan as HC.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Luisito23
                Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                • Apr 2003

It won't happen, it doesn't need to happen, and it better not happen.
                "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Goobylal
                  • Jan 2004

I'd take him for a 5th rounder and for half his salary. I doubt the Rams and he would do either. So no.

Comment

• Shady25
                    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                    I'd take him for a 5th rounder and for half his salary. I doubt the Rams and he would do either. So no.
                    Kiko is glad you aren't the GM.
                    WILL NOT REMOVE THIS UNTIL SHADY IS SUPERBOWL MVP!!!
                    ROCHESTER KNIGHTHAWKS '12 '13 '14 CHAMPIONS

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
                      Another monumentally stupid idea of epic proportions.

What was it you said the other day about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?

This decade and a half long quest of finding the perfect D hasn't given us a sniff of the playoffs yet.
                      Neither has grasping at straws to find a franchise QB when none are available.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kiko View Post
                        Kiko is glad you aren't the GM.
                        Goobylal is glad Kiko isn't the GM. Bradford isn't that good, can't stay healthy, and costs too much.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

I'd take Bradford for a 6th or 7th round pick, that's it.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                            Because Sam Bradford is extremely high risk, and it isn't just a free agent tight end. It's a NT, a 4-5Tech DE, possibly a safety and a cornerback, a tight end, a running back, a guard, a tackle, a wide receiver AND a QB. Maybe it would be more palatable if the front office didn't dick around with the defense, but this team is farther away from competing than just a QB, and an over-priced, injury-prone one at that.

Go ahead and trade away multiple picks and put Bradford behind Glenn-Richardson-Woods-Incognio-Henderson and see if he makes it through the preseason. Not a gamble worth taking, IMO.
                            Richie Incognito has played on both the left & right side of the line.

I think the OL is Glenn-Incognito-Woods-Urbik-Henderson.

Of course that can change depending on who else the Bills sign or draft for the OL.

Unless the Bills could get Bradford for a low rnd pick or in FA, I would rather take a chance on Jake Locker.

Yes Locker is injury prone, but so is Bradford. Locker is younger & IMO has more upside than Bradford does.
                            Last edited by better days; 02-25-2015, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• GreedoII
                              • Aug 2007

Bradford is a huge upgrade. Sure theirs risk but to win... risks are needed in this league. This draft is very weak so give up the 2nd or 3rd or both who cares. Fill your holes in FA and you have next years draft. losing picks this year isn't going to set this team back. Get a QB!!

Comment

• better days
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by GreedoII View Post
                                Bradford is a huge upgrade. Sure theirs risk but to win... risks are needed in this league. This draft is very weak so give up the 2nd or 3rd or both who cares. Fill your holes in FA and you have next years draft. losing picks this year isn't going to set this team back. Get a QB!!
                                I question if Bradford is any better than Locker.

Even if he is, there is the chance he gets injured again. If that happens, the Bills are out a 2nd or 3rd or both for nothing.

I guarantee the Bills will draft at least one good player in the 2nd or 3rd rnd & likely a good player in both those rnds.

Comment

Working...
                                X