Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 2 cents on the QB front - Work a trade For Nick Foles or Drew Stanton

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: My 2 cents on the QB front - Work a trade For Nick Foles or Drew Stanton

I could happily trade for Foles but I don't see Philly giving him up unless they are desperate for picks to get Mariota. Even then it would be a draft day three-teamer.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

2. Post thanked by:

Night Train (03-01-2015)

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Pretty good article on the good and bad of Hundley;
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...rback-prospect

The writer, Dan Hope, is also the Editor of BBD.
    From the link:

“He's got everything you want physically,” the scout told Farmer. “You just question his process and vision at times."

Doesn't that sound like Manuel?
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 03-01-2015 at 12:24 PM.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy View Post
    From the link:

“He's got everything you want physically,” the scout told Farmer. “You just question his process and vision at times."

Doesn't that sound like Manual?
    It sure does.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,470 Times in 14,178 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

From the link:

Doesn't that sound like Manuel?
    I knew this question was coming because their two biggest weaknesses are the same:
    1. Accuracy
    2. Pocket Presence

I would say that Manuel has all the physical tools but not the desire or willingness to use them. Hundley is just as comfortable breaking the pocket to avoid the rush as he is stepping up in the pocket and resetting his feet. Manuel doesn't have that. Hundley's technical skills on his drops are better than Manuel.

His pocket presence issues to me are teachable, he sack numbers would be greatly reduced if he simply threw the ball away when he was scrambling for his life. He took a a large number of sacks outside the pocket in his career.

His accuracy problems are going to be the question. You're looking at a guy who was is probably a 58-62% career passer in a NFL system. He's got to get quicker and make the throw on target. Hundley, much like Glennon, is a rhythm based passer. If he hits 2 or 3 throws in a row he has a real chance to get comfortable and catch fire. When he's on his anticipation and ability to put the ball anywhere on the field are the 2nd best in this class (behind only Winston). The problem is when he's off there is no telling where the ball may be going.

A system like ours with Roman relying heavily on the run could be a great fit for him.

Like I said I think he has far more upside than either Foles or Stanton.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I knew this question was coming because their two biggest weaknesses are the same:
    1. Accuracy
    2. Pocket Presence

I would say that Manuel has all the physical tools but not the desire or willingness to use them. Hundley is just as comfortable breaking the pocket to avoid the rush as he is stepping up in the pocket and resetting his feet. Manuel doesn't have that. Hundley's technical skills on his drops are better than Manuel.

His pocket presence issues to me are teachable, he sack numbers would be greatly reduced if he simply threw the ball away when he was scrambling for his life. He took a a large number of sacks outside the pocket in his career.

His accuracy problems are going to be the question. You're looking at a guy who was is probably a 58-62% career passer in a NFL system. He's got to get quicker and make the throw on target. Hundley, much like Glennon, is a rhythm based passer. If he hits 2 or 3 throws in a row he has a real chance to get comfortable and catch fire. When he's on his anticipation and ability to put the ball anywhere on the field are the 2nd best in this class (behind only Winston). The problem is when he's off there is no telling where the ball may be going.

A system like ours with Roman relying heavily on the run could be a great fit for him.

Like I said I think he has far more upside than either Foles or Stanton.
    How can this Roman fellow, who as yet to make any mark with this club, rely heavily on the run? The complement of backs don't strike fear. Or game planning against. Spiller is all but gone. An aging Freddy. The usual BUF OL question marks. Masked by years of quick-snap plays, first with Fitz followed by Manuel and then with Orton.

I don't see what running game there is to rely upon. I don't see any qb on staff or any that they can acquire via FA or draft that is going to make teams worry about the run game outside of the quick snap gimmick.

I'd like to think they'd make a run on a Giovanni Bernard or some such, the they don't have the ammo. They spend so unwisely...they have the cap $, and waste it on a canny Orton who knew more about NFLPA contracts that they did.

Make high-round draft deals as if they were buying a used lawn mower in the winter from a neighbor who just had that "sold" sticker slapped on the realty sign...
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 03-01-2015 at 02:14 PM.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

How can this Roman fellow, who as yet to make any mark with this club, rely heavily on the run? The complement of backs don't strike fear. Or game planning against. Spiller is all but gone. An aging Freddy. The usual BUF OL question marks. Masked by years of quick-snap plays, first with Fitz followed by Manuel and then with Orton.

I don't see what running game there is to rely upon. I don't see any qb on staff or any that they can acquire via FA or draft that is going to make teams worry about the run game outside of the quick snap gimmick.

I'd like to think they'd make a run on a Giovanni Bernard or some such, the they don't have the ammo. They spend so unwisely...they have the cap $, and waste it on a canny Orton who knew more about NFLPA contracts that they did.

Make high-round draft deals as if they were buying a used lawn mower in the winter from a neighbor who just had that "sold" sticker slapped on the realty sign...
    Which is why the OL should be worked on in FA and the draft. I think this new staff understands the horse (OL) comes before the cart (skill players). Otherwise, Incognito wouldn't have been signed early. They need both but the OL must show run blocking ability.

8. Post thanked by:

YardRat (03-01-2015)