Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 2 cents on the QB front - Work a trade For Nick Foles or Drew Stanton

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

My 2 cents on the QB front - Work a trade For Nick Foles or Drew Stanton

Not making them out to be anything more than a decent option for a couple years until the next idea comes along... but at least these 2 can step under Center and look like they actually know what they are doing. They have poise, which the rest don't seem to have.

Then seriously work on the OL this off-season to keep them healthy.

Foles 6-5 244 - Eagles OL fell apart last season and he got hurt. The year before, 27 TD's, 2 Int's with a top running game.

Stanton 6-3 243 - Orton 2.0 with a better arm and much better footwork.

http://www.nfl.com/player/drewstanton/2495748/profile

I just can't wrap my head around just signing Sanchez and having him battle Manuel.

We'll see. I'm open minded and just expressing some confidence in these 2. Don't know the asking price.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: My 2 cents on the QB front - Work a trade For Nick Foles or Drew Stanton

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Not making them out to be anything more than a decent option for a couple years until the next idea comes along... but at least these 2 can step under Center and look like they actually know what they are doing. They have poise, which the rest don't seem to have.

Foles 6-5 244 - Eagles OL fell apart last season and he got hurt. The year before, 27 TD's, 2 Int's with a top running game.

I just can't wrap my head around just signing Sanchez and having him battle Manuel.

We'll see. I'm open minded and just expressing some confidence in these 2. Don't know the asking price.
    probably the best options available but will take some draft picks to get it done.
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

3. Post thanked by:

Night Train (02-28-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I can't see the Cardinals trading Stanton as Palmer is an injury risk and they showed they can't win with Lindley. I'm not sure if the media is connecting dots with the Mariotta/Chip Kelly thing but if the Eagles truly do want to drop Foles I'd be all for getting him in Buffalo. As to me he the best option out there and think it wouldn't cost a king's ransome to get him.
    Last edited by The Jokeman; 02-28-2015 at 09:12 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Would think either of those two would be good options considering the rest of the market.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Since I don't think Bradford is a possibility, I'm currently in the Foles camp.

7. Post thanked by:

Skooby (02-28-2015),swiper (02-28-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,528 Times in 17,421 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I really don't want to expend any more assets on acquiring a QB...pick up the best you can in FA, and another in the draft, and roll with that for this season. Unless either one comes really cheap, then I would consider it. I honestly don't think they are going to bring anybody to seriously compete with EJ for the starting job, and are just looking for somebody for this season they can plug in if he crashes and burns again.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

9. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (02-28-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,218 Times in 3,687 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Foles would be a wet dream if he plays like he did a few years ago, we'd be playoff bound for sure if he did.

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,898 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    Since I don't think Bradford is a possibility, I'm currently in the Foles camp.
    With you completely. But partially against Bradford anyway since his vagina is made of glass
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    I really don't want to expend any more assets on acquiring a QB...pick up the best you can in FA, and another in the draft, and roll with that for this season. Unless either one comes really cheap, then I would consider it. I honestly don't think they are going to bring anybody to seriously compete with EJ for the starting job, and are just looking for somebody for this season they can plug in if he crashes and burns again.
    Think Rex and what he went through in NY with QB's.

I don't think settling for scraps at QB is something he'd be happy with in his 2nd and last chance at HC. Can't blame him.

The draft ? Beyond the top 2 who will be gone in the first hour of the draft, name one that's even worth throwing away a pick on...especially when we only have 6 picks.

This QB class in FA and the draft is really bad.

Done with settling. Ralph is dead. Go bold.

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,898 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think settling for scraps at QB is something he'd be happy with in his 2nd and last chance at HC. Can't blame him.

The draft ? Beyond the top 2 who will be gone in the first hour of the draft, name one that's even worth throwing away a pick on...especially when we only have 6 picks.

i hear you, but we have been 'bold' in the past in trading for robo sack, Drew Bledsoe and jp losman. Different eras I know but Ralph did allow his people to be bold before even if it didn't work.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    i hear you, but we have been 'bold' in the past in trading for robo sack, Drew Bledsoe and jp losman. Different eras I know but Ralph did allow his people to be bold before even if it didn't work.
    That was TD and his crap thinking that Bledsoe was the answer (7 good games in 2002.. and done) and Losman was the next guy (when rushed and unprepared). No parallel at all.

These options are bridge/fill in types to get us to 2016 without major compensation and realistic beliefs.

Those both cost us 1st round picks and kept the team in park.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,289 Times in 13,722 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Two problems: our OL fell apart last year and we won't have a top running game.

16. Post thanked by:

Night Train (02-28-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Two problems: our OL fell apart last year and we won't have a top running game.
    Agreed but I'm giving the off-season a shot. I doubt settling for the Eric Pears types will be the practice here on out.

I see a new owner who will spend to the cap for his new coach. We'll see.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,528 Times in 17,421 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

IMO if 'settling for scraps' from a (I agree with you) FA and draft class that is chock full of them wasn't an option, McCown would have never gotten a phone call let alone a visit. I'd be OK with sending a fifth or sixth for Foles instead of using one of those picks to draft a QB, but nothing more, and nothing from the future especially.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Stanton is AWFUL
    Bradford is SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER

PS: I live in West so I watch these guys (Palmer, Stanton, Wilson, Bradford, Keap) play 16 games per season plus playoffs.
    Please Make Sense

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Unless he's injured to the point where recovery is strongly in question, I can't see PHI parting with Foles unless somebody steps up with a pretty high draft choice.

He's under contract this year, with total compensation being $815,880. And if he can't play, they can toss him onto the IR list.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelp...es/nick-foles/
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Matt Schaub would be my choice.

Nick Foles/Matt Moore would be top of my list too.

Hoyer/Stanton/Cousins/Cassel would be ok.

Sanchez and the rest after that.

They'll get one and draft one.

Tuel will have to lift his game to stay on the final roster.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,844 Times in 3,497 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Of all of the available options, the best option might already be on the roster. Of course I'd love to be able to trade for Foles or Bradford, but if that's not possible, the only other guy that would challenge EJ would be Hoyer.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,441 Times in 14,158 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think you take a long look at Brett Hundley out of UCLA. He's been inconsistent at UCLA but he's been good more often than he's been bad. He's got it all size, athleticism, arm strength, and leadership.

The question is does he make it to our 2nd Round pick or does a QB hungry team that missed on Mariota/Winston jump into Late Round 1, Early Round 2 to snag Hundley before our pick.

I like Hundley's potential upside more than Foles or Stanton.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 24,441 Times in 14,158 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I think you take a long look at Brett Hundley out of UCLA. He's been inconsistent at UCLA but he's been good more often than he's been bad. He's got it all size, athleticism, arm strength, and leadership.

The question is does he make it to our 2nd Round pick or does a QB hungry team that missed on Mariota/Winston jump into Late Round 1, Early Round 2 to snag Hundley before our pick.

I like Hundley's potential upside more than Foles or Stanton.
    Pretty good article on the good and bad of Hundley;
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...rback-prospect

The writer, Dan Hope, is also the Editor of BBD.