Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buckets
    • Jun 2003

Re: Why Vince Young and Matt Leinart Give Me Hope For The Future Bills Quarterback

Originally posted by Mouldsie View Post
    This is some of the stupidest **** I've ever read. I'm sure the Bills FO would eat it right up
    How can you disagree with the facts?

Comment

• cookie G
      • Mar 2003

Re: Why Vince Young and Matt Leinart Give Me Hope For The Future Bills Quarterback

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
      Oh I agree we've dropped the book by not drafting QBs more. As I'm all for taking a QB prospect every draft as it worked for the Packers in the early 90s when ended up with Favre, Brunell, Hasselbeck, Aaron Brooks and even ended up with Kurt Warner in camp at one time.
      I wasn't even thinking of Green Bay, but they are an example of a team that a) understands the importance of the position and b) has an eye for QB talent.

They had a HOF QB but still drafted Rodgers;
      They had Rodgers but still used a 2nd on Brian Brohm; (and it proves that even they aren't always right.)

I was really thinking more of a team like Seattle. They spent a 2nd in a trade for Charlie Whitehurst, they spent money on bringing in Tavaris Jackson, they spent money on bringing in Matt Flynn, and they still used a 3rd on Russell Wilson.

They kept going until they found the right guy.

We've had a history of saying, "we need to give the guy 3 years to see what he can do".

I don't have a problem with giving a guy development time, but there better be a plan B in place.

Donahoe might have made some bad decisions, but I at least give him credit for trying.

Jauron thought it was good for a QB to throw 8 TDs in a season.
      Buddy...did nothing. God he was worthless when it came to the offense.

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
      Yet one thing you may want to remember is that at least 4 DBs will likely be on the field in anyone given play in comparison only 1 QB can be. Hence the need for DB could be debated is higher based on the law of numbers. Also for what it's worth throughout the history of this organization it could be stated that Joe Ferguson was the only QB we've ever developed into a starter.
      As a friend of mine is fond of saying, "when you don't have a QB, it automatically becomes the No. 1 need".

We haven't had one. And there isnt' a DB in the game that matches the importance of a good QB.

We just had 2 regimes whose priorities were out of whack.

Just a sense, but Whaley seems a little different.

Comment

• EDS
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
        I dare anyone to come up with a better camp group of QBs than the year they had Brett Favre, Kurt Warner, Mark Brunell & Ty Detmer-2 HOFers (Warner will make it in a year or 2 & should be in already) a Pro Bowler & a Heisman winner who was a decent backup.
        San Fran at one point had Montana, Young and Bono I believe, which is not too shabby.

Comment

• bdutton
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
          In 2011, Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, and Christian Ponder were all off the board before Andy Dalton, and Colin Kaepernick.

Dalton and Kaepernick have had more success.
          To be fair, Cam Newton has had some pretty solid stats as a starter and made the playoffs twice (albeit in a ****ty division). He's an incredible athlete.

Comment

• notacon
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
            How can you disagree with the facts?
            Because they are cherry picked "facts". I think the lead post here is nonsense.

Comment

Working...
            X