Thread: WGR's Joe Buscaglia jumping ship to WKBW

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

WGR's Joe Buscaglia jumping ship to WKBW

In what is becoming one of the worst-kept secrets in the local media, sources say, that barring any last-minute snag, Buscaglia is expected to join Channel 7 shortly as the Bills beat reporter and an occasional sports anchor.

In addition, Buscaglia is expected to do extensive work on the Bills for WKBW’s website.

But sources say that this is all but a done deal, that Buscaglia frequently has been seen inside Channel 7 and had a tryout on the anchor desk that went very well.

The station also hasn’t replaced Jeff Russo – who left his job as sports director almost two months ago to become a news anchor – on its sports team that now consists of Shawn Stepner and Nick Filipowski.

Stepner has taken Russo’s role, with Buscaglia expected to fill Stepner’s position.

The news could be a blow to WGR, especially since Buscaglia annually leads its coverage of the upcoming National Football League draft. However, Channel 7 could allow him to do freelance work for WGR if the sports station is interested and if it is willing to identify him as working for Channel 7

http://talkintv.buffalonews.com/2015...-team-shortly/
    Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 03-03-2015 at 03:10 PM.

2. Post thanked by:

better days (03-03-2015),BillsImpossible (03-03-2015),Mace (03-03-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: WGR's Joe Buscaglia jumping ship to WKBW

I wonder what John Murphy thinks of the situation.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Great move for Joe.

WGR SUCKS for Bills coverage.

The IDIOTS on WGR spend more time talking about their kids & what they ate than they do about the Bills.

This morning "We spent the first two hours talking hockey, when we come back from break we will talk about the Bills."

When they get back, they spend another half hour talking about the Sabres, then 5-10 min on the Bills, then back to Hockey.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Greg Bauch leaves last year and now Joe Buscaglia leaves.. Ill miss Joe WGR better get a NFl draft expert in ASAP

BTW Better Days yesterday was the NHL trade deadline and the Sabres tried to keep up with the Coyotes..lol A week after the combine and a full week before NFL FA of course they are rightfully going to discuss the Sabres this morning.. You will get your Bills talk tomorrow lol

Thanks
    Thanked 12,412 Times in 7,285 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

To bad. He was one of the few worth listening to on WGR. If it weren't for coach Sal WGR would be a joke. They ought to give him a more prominent role.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 621 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I listen to WGR everyday on my ride to and from work... I love it and think they do a great job with Buffalo sports talk. You don't know what you got 'til it's gone.

8. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (03-03-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,276 Times in 2,327 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    I listen to WGR everyday on my ride to and from work... I love it and think they do a great job with Buffalo sports talk. You don't know what you got 'til it's gone.
    Joe B. usually does a half hour in the morning and a half hour at most in the afternoons with WGR.

Sometimes Buscaglia is on longer, but never more than an hour at a time.

WGR and WKBW will come to some kind of agreement because it only makes sense for everyone.

If I was Joe's agent, I'd command at least $500 per 30 minute interview with WGR.

John Clayton gets paid to view his opinions on WGR, and I bet the short time he spends costs a lot more than $500 for his services per interview.

WGR might have to trim some of Howard Simon's vacation time to pay for it.

lol.

10. Post thanked by:

better days (03-03-2015)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I like Buscaglia, like anyone never agree totally with him, but he works at it. Good for him. It will class up channel 7 these days. Short time until he unseats Stepner. Channel 7 went down terrible since Rick Azar, and even the Murph who I remember getting plenty enraged, thumping his big hands on the desk and looking into the cameras blankly when they let Susan Banks go and Radford kept obliviously interrupting him. "I don't know what you are talking about Keith." "Well yes and on to the local scene...." (sounds of chair being thrown in the background, with Radford mopping his brow and looking off camera scared before the clip).

Would be great if Buscaglia has a short fuse too and Radford annoys him once too many times.

12. Post thanked by:

better days (03-03-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
    Greg Bauch leaves last year and now Joe Buscaglia leaves.. Ill miss Joe WGR better get a NFl draft expert in ASAP

BTW Better Days yesterday was the NHL trade deadline and the Sabres tried to keep up with the Coyotes..lol A week after the combine and a full week before NFL FA of course they are rightfully going to discuss the Sabres this morning.. You will get your Bills talk tomorrow lol
    Yeah, I realize that yesterday was the last day of trades for Hockey.

But like I said, WGR spends more time talking about their kids & STUPID CRAP including what they ate than about the Bills.

Tomorrow will be no different. Maybe the Bills get an extra 5-10 minutes instead of some STUPID trivia game. But maybe not.
    Last edited by better days; 03-03-2015 at 09:30 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    Joe B. usually does a half hour in the morning and a half hour at most in the afternoons with WGR.

Sometimes Buscaglia is on longer, but never more than an hour at a time.

WGR and WKBW will come to some kind of agreement because it only makes sense for everyone.

If I was Joe's agent, I'd command at least $500 per 30 minute interview with WGR.

John Clayton gets paid to view his opinions on WGR, and I bet the short time he spends costs a lot more than $500 for his services per interview.

WGR might have to trim some of Howard Simon's vacation time to pay for it.

lol.
    Joe might get half an hour during season, but in the off season, he is lucky to get 15 minutes.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Kind of bums me when people don't remember how livid the Murph was when 7 was dismantling themselves. I'm middlin' on the Murph, he was ok, but always said what he meant to, right or wrong until they started dorking with him.

I want to say he just finished a piece with sources about the offensive line back in the days of Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker, and Radford clipped him off with a comment like "they might have some rough sledding ahead hey, Murph ?"

The camera stayed on him, his face got real red, he stared into it, crumpled and refolded his papers, got this weird rictus grin on his face, when he looked over at Radford, his pen flew off into the backdrop and he never raised his arms....

"Keith ?"

"On to the local stories..."

"YOU FIRED SUSAN, SHE MADE ME HAPPY, YOU'RE MINE KEITH,I WILL FEAST ON YOUR SOUL"

"Local news, LOCAL NEWS, SECURITY"

After the commercial break the sports part was empty with crumpled papers, weather looked smug, Radford looked scared, he Murph never came back...

Yeah it wasn't quite like that but darn close.