X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haile SpikedLemonade
    • May 2024

It is Absolutely Crucial We Now Go All In to Improve the OL

Ritchie Incognito is just a back up at this stage of his career.

Chris Williams was a stupid purchase and is barely a NFL back up.

Two of the three OL rookies we drafted last year will prove to be busts.

Eric Wood regressed last year.

Cordy Glenn didn't impress last year.

We can all rationalize the above by blaming Marrone's coaching and other coaching, but I don't see a lot of proven talent among that OL group.

Now that we have Shady, we absolutely must add a minimum of 2 above average starters to that OL in order to pair a top 5 running game with a top 5 defence if we hope to make the play-offs.

We need to sign one of the top 3 FA Guards.

We need to use our 2nd pick on a G or RT.

Our QB situation will be crap this year no matter what we do, however we can minimize the impact with a dominate running game.

Forget about spending resources on an elite TE or DE.

Concentrate on the OL. That is something we can improve upon.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-04-2015, 08:52 AM.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: It is Absolutely Crucial We Now Go All In to Improve the OL

Signing Incognito shows they understand the OL issue completely. FA and draft will solve that.

QB doesn't have to be " crap ". We'll see.

Can still improve other positions. May still have some cap cuts of our own coming.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• CleveSteve
      • Apr 2011

I'm doing one of those message-board-based interactive mock drafts for the Bills again this year. Planning on taking two OL relatively early.

BTW, anybody see DraftTek's latest mock? Completely ridiculous. Has the Bills taking a QB, a RB, a FB, and 3 TEs with their six picks. Seriously. For real.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post

We can all rationalize the above by blaming Marrone's coaching and other coaching, but I don't see a lot of proven talent among that OL group.

Now that we have Shady, we absolutely must add a minimum of 2 above average starters to that OL in order to pair a top 5 running game with a top 5 defence if we hope to make the play-offs.

Our QB situation will be crap this year no matter what we do, however we can minimize the impact with a dominate running game.

Incognito certainly is a starter in my opinion. I don't see any reason why not. No guarantees of course.

I do agree with pretty much everything else.

Comment

• Night Train
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by CleveSteve View Post
          I'm doing one of those message-board-based interactive mock drafts for the Bills again this year. Planning on taking two OL relatively early.
          You are wise. This is a very good year for OL and we can get top quality in Round 2,3 and even Saturday.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
            • May 2024

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
            Signing Incognito shows they understand the OL issue completely.
            Not if they see Incognito as a starter on opening day.

Comment

• Night Train
              • Jul 2005

It's the idea that they can grab someone to compete at a position of need even before FA starts. Big picture.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Explain your point here.

Two years ago was a pro bowler.

Was playing just fine when his incident occured.

Why could he not be a starter now? He isn't super old.

Comment

• Dr. Who
                  • Jul 2002

Incognito can be a starter. I would look at Boling or Blaylock at guard, Bulaga at tackle in free agency.

Comment

• cookie G
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Dr. Who View Post
                    Incognito can be a starter. I would look at Boling or Blaylock at guard, Bulaga at tackle in free agency.
                    I was just thinking of Blalock. He was making a little less than 5 million when he was cut. An above average pass blocker, but a very good run blocker. He'd be perfect and for a reasonable price.

How much the rookies improve is anyone's guess. On the good side, I heard Kujo is attending LeCharles Bentley's OL school.

Bentley has become a kind of guru for OL. Geoff Schwartz, Alex Boone and Larry Warford give him a lot of credit for transforming their game.

Bring in Blalock, keep drafting before the 5th round, improve the rookies.

That will make Shady happy.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                      • May 2024

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
                      Explain your point here.

Two years ago was a pro bowler.

Was playing just fine when his incident occured.

Why could he not be a starter now? He isn't super old.
                      When this season starts, that will be 3 years since he was a Pro Bowler in 2012.

2013 was when his season ended due to the incidents.

Last year, no team wanted him so he did not play.

32 years old is pretty old for an OL.

If the Bills are slotting him as a starter, they and we will be severely disappointed.

Comment

• tomz
                        • Feb 2007

Signing Incognito shows they understand the OL issue completely. FA and draft will solve that.

QB doesn't have to be " crap ". We'll see.

Can still improve other positions. May still have some cap cuts of our own coming.
                        I agree that qb is not a given. I still hold out a little hope for ej, even. He did win 2 out of 4 last year and the running game was not all that. Maybe he can lean on the run game and defense and finally get his full season chance like rookie and second years for Big Ben and Flacco. (I am NOT saying he is necessarily in their league.)

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                          • May 2024

It's the idea that they can grab someone to compete at a position of need even before FA starts. Big picture.
                          Competition is good.

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Agree on FA G. I think the draftee could come from any of the early rounds.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

OT is turning into the trouble spot, we can still get a G in FA, and one in the draft. Personally I'd like to grab a C high this year. One of the issues is we've got quite a few youngsters that we are hoping progress exponentially, kinda tough to cut ties with any of them after one season.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X