• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Re: Vernon Davis to Buffalo ??

Originally posted by Dude View Post
    Davis didn't do **** last year. Not sure if it's because the entire offense stunk or because his skills are slipping.
    Think more to do with Kap having a bad year.

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

Davis didn't do **** last year. Not sure if it's because the entire offense stunk or because his skills are slipping.
      Per Rotoworld, he was quite poor last season:

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• sukie
        Seriously?
        • Sep 2012

CLick Clack

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
          I believe this Rumor 100%.

If you want to run the ball well there is no better TE to get than Vernon Davis. Best run blocker at TE in the NFL since his second year in the league. Major bonus that he can stretch the field and do things Chandler can't.
          Ummm...what? Davis has always been a poor blocker both in the pass and run.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
            Well that's simply not true. He is well known as a top run blocking TE.

Joel from Atwater writes: I love your pieces on the NFC West. I'm a huge 49er fan. I was wondering if you ever thought of putting a piece together on Vernon Davis and his blocking.

These stats indicate that Vernon Davis currently is the best tight end in the NFL, despite being a poor route runner. VERNON DAVIS 2013 regular season

Among the multitude of personnel issues plaguing the San Francisco 49ers , the one that’s been the least documented is actually the most significant. Vernon Davis ...

He had a bad year overall in 2014 but these articles clearly show he has been well known as one of the top if not the top blocking TEs in the league.

Gronk being younger probably overtakes him now.
            Last edited by Mahdi; 03-05-2015, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• Shady25
              • Feb 2015

Kiko loves how Bills fans whine when we try acquiring talent, something the old regime never did. someone like V-Diddy, would do wonders for the Bills. Kiko thinks V-Diddy is exactly what EJ needs in order to truly progress to an NFL QB. Kiko doesn't think any 3rd round pick would make as big of an impact on this team, even if we only got 2 years out of him. Kiko thinks with McCoy, Watkins, Woods, and Davis that the playmaking ability would be incredible.

Nick O'Leary just wouldn't have the same impact as Vernon Davis. Ralph would have never ever considered trading for a TE, everyone complained about the lack of talent around here, now Pegula steps in, opens the checkbook, Whaley adds talent, and people still complain.. just think at this point a year ago, we weren't sure if we were playing in LA, Toronto, or Buffalo. No chance that we would have a coach like Rex, a HB like McCoy, and would still have the original 27 mil that we started with..
              WILL NOT REMOVE THIS UNTIL SHADY IS SUPERBOWL MVP!!!
              ROCHESTER KNIGHTHAWKS '12 '13 '14 CHAMPIONS

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                • May 2009

Not happening. Bills can't afford it.

Comment

• Ed
                  • Sep 2002

I'd actually be a big fan of seeing the Bills get TE Virgil Green. He's a great run blocker and I think he's underrated as a receiver. He didn't have much of a role in Denver's passing game because of Julius Thomas and all their WR's, but I think he's got the ability to be a pretty well rounded TE and should come relatively cheap.

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                    I'd actually be a big fan of seeing the Bills get TE Virgil Green. He's a great run blocker and I think he's underrated as a receiver. He didn't have much of a role in Denver's passing game because of Julius Thomas and all their WR's, but I think he's got the ability to be a pretty well rounded TE and should come relatively cheap.
                    Virgil Green would be a good add. Maybe better value than Vernon too.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Dec 2005

Vernon sounds good but at 31 with that cap number and the year he just came off of, I think we can do better. Maybe two years ago...

Comment

• feldspar
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Shady25 View Post
                        Kiko loves how Bills fans whine when we try acquiring talent, something the old regime never did. someone like V-Diddy, would do wonders for the Bills. Kiko thinks V-Diddy is exactly what EJ needs in order to truly progress to an NFL QB. Kiko doesn't think any 3rd round pick would make as big of an impact on this team, even if we only got 2 years out of him. Kiko thinks with McCoy, Watkins, Woods, and Davis that the playmaking ability would be incredible.
                        Yeah, but what does Shady think about it?

Come to think about it, has anyone ever seen Kiko and Shady in the same place at the same time?

Comment

• more cowbell
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                          Davis was not a good run blocker when he came out of college; but ever since Mike Singletary lit a fire under his ass, and rejuvenated his career he has been an excellent blocker.
                          The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• Shady25
                            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                            Yeah, but what does Shady think about it?

Come to think about it, has anyone ever seen Kiko and Shady in the same place at the same time?
                            Shady thinks what Kiko thought, before Shady had to put him in his place.

#SHADYISTHELEGENDKILLER

RKO OUTTA NOWHERE!
                            WILL NOT REMOVE THIS UNTIL SHADY IS SUPERBOWL MVP!!!
                            ROCHESTER KNIGHTHAWKS '12 '13 '14 CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Mace
                              Haha...yeah you think so ?
                              • Mar 2013

I think it had a lot to do with the general mess there, for all of them. From what I understand Roman called running plays and Harbaugh had a large hand in calling passing plays. On top of the FO messing with Harbaugh, it sounds like kind of a confused process from a confused organization.

The more I think about it though, I'm not real sure why we want to not use the draft. They are not going to be a pass heavy offense anyway.

Comment

• Swiper
                                • Sep 2010

Schefter reported this as done:

Adam Schefter@adamschefiter Mar 4

Filed to ESPN: The @BuffaloBills have acquired TE Vernon Davis from the @49ers for an undisclosed draft pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X