• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: A Ryan slam article...

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    Why do people assume Rex has final player/personnel say? I'm sure Whaley consults with Rex, but I doubt Rex has the power to veto anything Doug wants to do. The same in NY. I don't think Rex was the one refusing to provide any talent to the roster in his final few seasons there.
    Do you really think Whaley would take on a $9 million cap hit for an RB and give up a player like Kiko if the coach wasn't on board? Do you really think this trade happens if Marrone had stayed?

I agree that Whaley should- and probably does- have final say over personnel, but Rex is driving this whole thing. And that's the way it should be: The coach and GM largely agree on what the team needs, so the coach asks for something and the GM does his best to get it. I've already made my opinion about these moves known, but I think Rex is behind them and, while I question the decisions so far, the GM should be getting him the guys he wants so he can sink or swim on his own.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
      Jets fans were sad to see him go....enough said.

I was at a restaurant tonight in ATL and one of my friends said great pick up on ur new running back!

He's a Jets fan so I'd say he's biased.
      Sad to see him go? Hehe, yeah.

Comment

• GreedoII
        • Aug 2007

well he has way better talent than he had and a better owner and GM so it could be better this time around..still need the QB dammitt!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

This team so far DOES look like the jets because Rex is depending on the running game , his defense and an average QB (Cassel)to carry the team) What people who are writing these articles are there aren't a lot of above average qb's in the market to bring in. Hell if Sanchez is the best out there and we brought him in , he's still average. If the bills don't look to improve the team when a better option than Cassel is out, there ,only then will I worry.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            But building up the running game means building up the OL, not going after flashy new toys. Over the past decade and a half, the Bills have had a lot of above average skill players at the WR and RB positions. It hasn't worked because we've never been able to keep a decent OL together.
            They're trying to build up the OL. They have good pieces in Glenn, Wood, and Henderson, added Incognito, and are rumored to be going after Iupati.

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
              They're trying to build up the OL. They have good pieces in Glenn, Wood, and Henderson, added Incognito, and are rumored to be going after Iupati.

Every team that wants to bolster their O-line is going after Iupati.

Comment

• Downinfloflo
                Victimizing The Victimizer
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by BleedinGreenNC View Post
                Every team that wants to bolster their O-line is going after Iupati.
                True, But can they offer him free tours of Niagara Falls?

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Downinfloflo View Post
                  True, But can they offer him free tours of Niagara Falls?
                  And the Canadian Ballet after the tour of the Falls, including GREAT Canadian beer.

Comment

Working...
                  X